In a move that is sure to make playboys everywhere nervous, Internet company PeopleFinders has created two iPhone applications that let users perform background checks on their potential dates.
Sony is hoping to return its PlayStation business to profitability next year with the help of new hardware devices and expansion of its network-delivered services platform, it said Thursday.
Google said today that the upcoming release of its new Google Chrome operating system will not support hard disk drives in favor of solid state drives (SSD).
A Chinese authors' group demanded late Wednesday that Google compensate writers whose books the U.S. company scanned without permission, cranking up tension in the country over Google's digital library project.
Google released its Chrome operating system to the open-source community on Thursday and said it has designed the netbook OS to be faster, simpler and more secure than existing ones.
Sony has spent years struggling to adjust to the digital age but its chief Howard Stringer Thursday sought to make the case that it has found its footing.
Cyberattacks on the U.S. Department of Defense -- many of them coming from China -- have jumped sharply in 2009, a U.S. congressional committee reported Thursday.
As anticipated, Microsoft yesterday launched the first, and likely only, public beta of Office 2010.
The U.S. Defense Department is expanding its exclusive arrangement with McAfee, whose security software is at the heart of the military's cybersecurity efforts.
Opera has made the beta version of its mobile browser, Opera Mobile 10, available to handsets running Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS.
Google phone rumors are back with a vengeance, spurred on by reports that the Internet behemoth Google is partnering with phone maker HTC on a "super" Android device thinner than the Droid and iPhone. The release date for this Google-branded phone is...
Dubbed by AMD as the "world's fastest," the ATI Radeon HD 5970 joins the ranks of DirectX 11 capable graphics cards, and includes ATI's Eyefinity multi-display technology.
When Sony unveiled the Reader Daily Edition, its first e-reader with a wireless connection, it said it would be available in December in time for the holidays.
US Federal officials have put the PS3 to work breaking passwords on computer equipment confiscated from suspected child pornographers, according to a story released on the Scripps Howard Foundation wire. (When Sony said the PS3 'only does everything'...
The antitrust battle between Intel and Advanced Micro Devices isn't necessarily over, despite a settlement agreement announced by the microprocessor companies.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW