Japan's Pioneer has lodged a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission against rival navigation-system maker Garmin, alleging some of its products infringe on Pioneer patents.
U.K. police are hailing the sentencing of four people who used a sophisticated Trojan horse program to siphon money out of online bank accounts and send it to Eastern European countries and Russia.
Bad news for newspaper and magazine publishers hoping to boost their flagging businesses by charging for content: Most consumers in the U.S. won't pay for it.
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
In the face of mounting threats from hackers, MasterCard will use mobile phones to improve security for online transactions, the company said on Monday.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday announced a pair of servers aimed at companies that want to build large-scale computing clusters while maximizing data center space.
Gartner raised its revenue forecast for the global chip industry on Monday due to stronger than expected demand for PCs and mobile phones, as well as government stimulus programs that have boosted demand for chips.
A Colorado man has sued Hewlett-Packard, saying that its Pavilion Elite desktop computers are "inherently defective," and constantly lock up within 10-20 minutes of use.
Technology shares in Taiwan soared on Monday after LCD monitor maker Innolux Display announced its intention to buy Chi Mei Optoelectronics, the biggest acquisition ever on the island and one that will reshape Taiwan's display industry.
There is a race to make supercomputers as powerful as possible to solve some of the world's most important problems, including climate change, the need for ultra-long-life batteries for cars, operating fusion reactors with plasma that reaches 150 mil...
Cisco has raised its bid for Norwegian video conferencing vendor Tandberg to 19 billion Norwegian Kroner (US$3.4 billion), up from $3.0 billion, but says it will raise its price no further.
A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
Buyers of selected Samsung's LCD, LED and plasma televisions in the lead-up to Christmas will be eligible a free 22in or 26in LCD television. Running until 5pm on 24 December, the offer gives consumers a free second screen that will suit a bedroom or...
Cisco, EMC and VMware last week unveiled the much rumored joint venture to sell their products to companies wanting to build internal clouds. Called Acadia (for who knows what reason), the joint venture is a collaboration between the three companies ...
Citrix's desktop virtualization customers are still using VMware's server hypervisor on the back end, but a Citrix executive claims a shift away from VMware is afoot.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD