The US Second Circuit Appellate court has ruled that a DVR which stores programs on a remote server did not infringe on fair use mandates.
The old adage that everybody in the world is separated by at most six degrees of separation may have been partially proven by research conducted by Microsoft.
A group of Welsh monks became so teed off with dialup they had broadband installed on their remote island.
Instant messaging may be the key to proving the six degrees of separation theory, if a new survey is anything to go by.
A Thai teenager supposedly obsessed with Grand Theft Auto is facing death by lethal injection after robbing and stabbing a taxi driver to death.
The scholarship arm of the Australian Computer Society, the ACS Foundation, this morning announced that it had awarded more than 430 scholarships worth $4.4 million during financial year 2007 - its highest year since it began promoting private and pu...
Mike Scanlon has a mixed bag of news for me.
The Republicans have taken their share of lumps -- especially during the current presidential campaign -- for not embracing Web 2.0 technologies and tools as warmly as the Democrats.
Keeping software from being broken and distributed via BitTorrent isn't the only kind of piracy about which developers need to worry.
Apple has issued a point release upgrade for its iPhone and iPhone 3G products to version 2.0.1 of the firmware, weighing in at a hefty 249MB.
Satellite navigation devices, the ubiquitous GPS interfaces that many have in their cars, are, it seems, the cause for more than their fair share of accidents and risky driving practices in the UK.
Google Australia has gone the way of its UK counterparts and chosen to blur the faces of people caught on camera in the local version of its Street View service, launched today.
Intel plans to detail the architecture of its upcoming Larrabee chip at the SIGGRAPH conference on August 12, but the company will keep one important aspect of the chip under wraps: the number of cores it will have.
SiteMeter's widget for tracking visits to Web sites went haywire on Friday and rendered many pages unviewable via Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
In an attempt to rid its Blogger service from spam blogs, or splogs, Google mistakenly flagged a number of legitimate sites last week, prompting the company to scramble to unlock them.
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- What you should know about Lenovo's Motorola acquisition
- Sencha melds desktop and smartphone management with Space
- Apple leads the tablet line despite iPad sales decline
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW