Sun Wednesday said it would offer support to corporate users of OpenSSO open source identity technology and introduced a new version that also protects companies against patent infringement suits.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer sought to justify to financial analysts the losses from the company's online services group and to defend plans for increasing investment in the group.
The open source MySQL database began life as a lightweight alternative to big, resource-hungry database management systems, such as Oracle or Sybase. Over the years, however, users have clamored for more and more features, causing MySQL's codebase to...
Before the year 2020, scientists are expected to launch intelligent space robots that will venture out to explore the universe for us.
Talks with Yahoo are for now off, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Thursday, but he left the door open just a crack.
Fewer than one in eleven of the PCs being used in large or very large enterprises runs Windows Vista, according to survey results released Wednesday by Forrester Research.
The SOAP stack for Web services was branded a failure this week by Tim Bray, a Sun Microsystems technologist and co-inventor of XML, who hailed the REST (Representational State Transfer) mechanism as a SOAP alternative.
Just days after details of a critical bug in the Domain Name System (DNS) software went public, researchers released attack code that can silently redirect users to unintended sites.
Low-cost Canadian airline WestJet has temporarily stopped the practice of allowing customers to use credit cards as identification when checking into flights at self-service kiosks at all Canadian airports.
Amnesty International has developed a tool designed to monitor the extent of internet censorship in China, and is asking Australians to help use it.
Mozilla Messaging patched nine security vulnerabilities in Thunderbird Wednesday, the first time it's plugged holes in the e-mail software since early May.
Intellectual property lawyers from eBay and Walpole British Luxury, a group that represents the British luxury goods industry, are meeting Monday in London to discuss ways they can work together to prevent the sale of counterfeit goods online.
Microsoft is very close to being able to claim it is the No. 1 enterprise software company in the world, according to CEO Steve Ballmer.
Australia cannot afford to repeat the mistakes it has made in past public infrastructure developments, warned the deputy secretary of the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy at the third annual Broadband Australia Conferen...
The best part about last Friday was unarguably the Dark Knight. The second best part was the first Watchmen trailer that debuted during the coming attractions, with 300 director Zack Snyder set to unleash the awesome next March. Based on the renowned...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW