Words from the world of technology and social media are among those identified as the "Words of the Year 2009" in a list commissioned by Oxford University Press.
A patent application filed in February and released to the public this week reveals Google's attempt to build games on top of digital videos using an interactive annotation system.
LG Electronics has developed handheld terminals compatible with the U.S. mobile digital TV format and will show them at next week's International Consumer Electronics Show, it said Thursday.
It's no secret that the capacities of portable hard drives are on the up, but what about those portable flash drives? Fear not, as flash memory maker Power Quotient International (PQI) announced this Tuesday a new sizable addition to their "Cool Driv...
The U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has decided to investigate separate complaints made against Sharp and Research In Motion (RIM) that each allege the companies are infringing patents held by the complainants.
Speculation continues to rev up that the mysterious Apple tablet is coming soon. More reports are saying that the Cupertino company has planned a "big" event for January 26th, and all signs point to the event as a launch for the mythical Apple tablet...
Computer security researchers say that the GSM phones used by the majority of the world's mobile-phone users can be listened in on with just a few thousand dollars worth of hardware and some free open-source tools.
Steve Jobs plans to unveil Apple's much-hyped but still unconfirmed tablet device next month, and it will come with 3D graphics and a price tag below US$1000, according to former Google China president Kai-Fu Lee.
South Korea's Fair Trade Commission has closed an antitrust investigation of the flash memory industry, concluding that there is no evidence of a pricing cartel.
As NASA celebrates its Mars rover Spirit’s sixth anniversary exploring the red planet it is hunting for a way to keep the machine, which is mired in a sand trap, alive to see a seventh year. On its Web site, the space agency this week noted there may...
Apple will report selling another record number of Macs in the final quarter of 2009 when it unveils its financial figures later this month, a Wall Street analyst said Thursday in a note to clients.
Google's Chrome overtook Apple's Safari to become the world's third-most popular browser just 16 months after its debut, a Web metrics company said Friday.
It's the one product everyone just knows Apple will unveil in the coming year. It's also the one product no one really knows anything about.
IDC Canada Ltd. recently revealed its top 10 technology predictions for 2010.
Microsoft's Windows resumed its usual losing form last month as the operating system's usage share dropped by about a third of a point even as the new Windows 7 posted a second straight month of impressive gains, Web metrics firm Net Applications sai...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW