A number of Facebook applications, including one called CityFireDepartment, has been hacked and tries to attack site visitors' computers via unpatched Adobe software vulnerabilities, a researcher says.
Opera Software today released the beta of Opera Unite, a platform for authoring peer-to-peer (P2P) and Web server-based applications that it's promised will reinvent the Web.
Michael Dell has given netbooks a big thumbs down, but he thinks Windows 7 can restore our faith in PCs.
The Asia Pacific is one of the regions experiencing strong growth from managed telepresence services over the next five years, according to Ovum, an analyst and consulting company.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University and Intel Labs Pittsburgh have built an experimental energy-efficient computing cluster that combines flash memory and the sort of processors used in netbooks. Their name for it? Fast Array of Wimpy Nodes (FA...
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
Rumors are swirling that Verizon and Research in Motion could officially release the sequel to the BlackBerry Storm this week with its trademark "clickable" touchscreen still intact.
Three high-profile U.S. lawmakers have begun an informal investigation into high access charges that some rural telephone carriers charge to competitors, on the heels of complaints about the practice from Google and some large carriers.
The rise of flash memory in the enterprise data center will help eliminate a fundamental imbalance between the performance of servers and storage, Sun storage chief John Fowler told attendees at Storage Networking World.
The pressure to achieve business efficiency and sustainability is piled on IT managers more than anyone else in business, according to a new IDC survey.
This week's $US2.9 billion acquisition of Starent Networks indicates that Cisco is backpedaling from its WiMAX focus and shifting it to LTE as the 4G underpinning of next generation mobile data networks.
IBM will add support for SSDs to version 5.0 of its SAN Volume Controller and is promising a big boost in performance with or without flash storage.
Users of Apple's Time Capsule have taken to the Web with complaints about their dead storage and wireless devices and are tallying the hardware failures in an effort to convince Apple that there's a problem.
Feeling sick? Wondering if it's the H1N1 flu or just a regular old go-away-don't-come-near-me, flu?
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW