Up to this point, just about every gaming console--from the Xbox 360 to the Nintendo DS--has been hacked in some way, usually to allow it to play pirated games. This excluded the PlayStation 3, which remained unhacked for over three years, leading ma...
For all the hype around cloud computing, few business customers are actually storing data on Web-based platforms, according to a new study that casts doubt on the popularity of cloud storage.
The co-founders of Google are each looking sell 5 million shares of the company as part of "pre-arranged stock trading plans," according to a company filing with the US Federal Security and Exchange Commission.
Google has found a way to let iPhone owners use Google Voice, the telephony management service whose iPhone-specific application Apple rejected last year.
An open-source MDM (master data management) suite from Talend is now available, giving companies a lower-priced option to proprietary products from the likes of Tibco, Kalido and IBM, the company announced Monday.
Most external hard drives share the same basic aesthetic features: A plastic or metal shell and some blinking lights. For something different, check out the VHS hard drives offered on the Etsy (an Ebay-like site for handmade goods).
In telling priests to become more web and social network savvy, Pope Benedict XVI is offering valuable advice for businesses, too.
VMware will end general support of all but the most recent versions of its virtualization platform in May, and remove the older products from its download Web site, the company announced.
Oracle has filed a lawsuit against third-party maintenance provider Rimini Street and its CEO Seth Ravin, alleging the parties have been engaged in "massive theft of Oracle's software and related support materials through an illegal business model," ...
U.K. police are trying to get wider participation from printer manufacturers and makers of specialist equipment in a voluntary program designed to cut off criminals from the tools they need to make fraudulent passports and ID cards.
More extensive tests show that TeliaSonera's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network can deliver faster speeds, up to 45Mbps (megabits per second), than previous tests indicated, according to market research company Northstream.
F5 Networks has added a new member to its Big-IP application delivery family that combines SSL VPN security with existing access control and WAN optimization, enabling businesses to eliminate VPN gateways.
Apple's ability to spawn massive interest in its still-unannounced tablet is based on a respectable track record and keeping its corporate mouth shut, experts said today.
Cisco, NetApp and VMware Tuesday announced a project to improve the security of virtualization deployments, with a focus on isolating applications that use the same physical network, server and storage resources in multi-tenant systems.
A federal judge's decision last week to reduce damages in a music piracy case in Minnesota has evoked cautious optimism from Boston University student Joel Tenenbaum , who is facing a US$675,000 fine in a similar case.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Bringing IoT data into public clouds is getting easier
- Six senators demand more details about the Yahoo data breach
- Swift CEO reveals three more failed attacks on banking network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT