Providing an alternative to the Microsoft-dominated desktop, Canonical later this month will offer a version of its desktop Linux OS featuring a new look and feel, faster boot speed and accommodations for social networks.
Microsoft may be late adding USB storage support to the Xbox 360--Sony's PlayStation 3 supported it off the block--but it's finally live, for all you aspiring archivists. All you need to do is log into Xbox LIVE, pull down the latest update, and pres...
Want a Mac for work? Sure you do. Macs are powerful, sleek and super easy to use. Even your company's top executives probably have them.
Australian VoIP telco MyNetFone is offering free VoIP calls for people who sign up to its Naked ADSL2+ plans.
Based on an improved architecture, the Opteron 6000 series chips perform up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation six-core chips, said AMD Inc. An analyst thinks AMD has decided it wants to lead in processor innovation to broaden its ma...
Some owners of Apple's new iPad have complained of weak wireless signals, dropped connections and slow surfing speeds, messages on the company's support forum show.
Google has begun rolling-out changes to its privacy settings to all users of its Buzz social network.
So you're holding off on the iPad for the 3G version that arrives in a month, dreaming of placing VoIP calls from anywhere as an alternative to your phone. Just don't expect to do so with Skype, yet.
TPG has launched a $75 a month unlimited ADSL2+ broadband plan.
Halo Reach's alien Elites will be bigger, a whole lot bigger, when the first-person shooter prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved finally ships later this year. Bungie just unbridled a galloping mountain of Reach-related text on their official news blog, d...
Developers got their first look at MeeGo last week, with the release of key components of the as-yet unfinished operating system.
Enterprise software vendor Sybase plans to update its mobile device enterprise management software, called Afaria, so it can work with iPads as well as with devices running Google's Android OS, the company announced Tuesday.
Vietnam tersely rejected charges from Google that tens of thousands of Vietnamese-speaking PC users around the world were targeted by hackers.
AOL is actively trying to rid itself of Bebo, the social-networking site it acquired two years ago for a whopping US$850 million.
Xbox 360 users can now load games or videos through USB flash drives.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD