The Ministry of Defence has admitted that staff leaked secret information 16 times on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter over an 18-month period.
Days after announcing he'd managed to hack Sony's PlayStation 3 console to run his own software George Hotz has released the exploit online.
A rise in PC chip shipments in the last quarter of 2009 indicates that the market is on its way back after the dark days of the recession, according to an IDC report released today.
A new app is available for the iPhone which could enable the popular smartphone to integrate smoothly with business networks. Array Networks has developed an iPhone app that enables business users to connect with its Desktop Direct appliance.
On the eve of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday, a speech that's expected to focus on the need for jobs, the nation's largest engineering association is warning that the latest jobs data is "discouraging" for engineering.
A report on news network CNBC confirmed this Tuesday that Apple's highly anticipated and long rumored tablet will be shown tomorrow.
A study released today by research firm TheInfoPro showed that those in charge of IT dollars at corporations around the U.S. and Europe are focused on buying technology that can optimize systems they are already using.
Operators of Web site dedicated to those who seek social-media death with dignity say that Facebook is taking a more Hippocratic approach to the idea of killing one's online identities with a few keystrokes. They say the social-networking giant has k...
Microsoft's Internet Explorer could inadvertently allow a hacker to read files on a person's computer, another problem for the company just days after a serious vulnerability received an emergency patch.
The U.S. International Trade Commission said it is investigating Apple based on a complaint filed by Nokia in late December, indicating that the dispute between the companies is heating up.
Yahoo's revenue fell both in the fourth quarter and in the full 2009 year, the company said Tuesday.
Carriers and aid workers are scrambling to rebuild communications in Haiti following the catastrophic Jan. 12 earthquake near the capital city of Port-au-Prince, which left many residents with no means of communicating inside or outside the country.
Despite its recent threats to possibly shut down its China-based operations, Google may in fact keep some of its businesses open there.
A Wall Street analyst asked about the company's exclusive iPhone deal with AT&T. There is speculation that by the end of the year Apple will end that arrangement and sell the iPhone via additional carriers.
When Microsoft Corp. announced earlier this month that it would eliminate upgrade versions of Office 2010, the early reaction was: uh oh, the application suite just got a lot more expensive.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA