Microsoft could reduce losses from software piracy by expanding pay-as-you-go plans like those it has tested in developing countries, a company executive said Wednesday.
Instead of issuing its second-quarter earnings report on Wednesday, Qualcomm abruptly rescheduled it, citing advanced settlement discussions with rival Broadcom.
Micro-Star International (MSI) launched an ultra-thin laptop to rival the MacBook Air in the U.S. on Tuesday, as well as a new netbook with Intel's latest microprocessor for the devices.
Sales of Nintendo's Wii console have passed 8 million in Japan, according to data released on Wednesday.
Criminals have built a massive "botnet" network of hacked computers that has infected an estimated 1.9 million computers worldwide, including systems within U.S. and U.K. government networks, security vendor Finjan reported Tuesday.
AMD on Wednesday expanded its Opteron server processor lineup, lowering the bar on power drawn while raising the performance of chips.
A leading telco analyst has expressed surprise and disappointment at Optus’ decision to join the Federal Government’s controversial Internet filtering trial.
Optus has announced it will participate in the Federal Government’s contentious Internet filtering trial.
Pay TV provider Foxtel has updated its Web site, with the new Foxtel.com.au featuring a full-screen video player on its front page that displays Foxtel ads and clips from Foxtel-exclusive programs.
Mozilla Corp. on Tuesday patched 12 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3, just days before it hopes to roll out the newest beta of its next open-source browser, Firefox 3.5.
AVG launched AVG LinkScanner as a free standalone product.
Hackers broke into U.S. Department of Defense computers and downloaded terabytes of data containing design information about the Joint Strike Fighter, a US$300 billion stealth fighter currently under development, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Egypt has the most market potential among emerging providers of global IT services, according to a recent study by the London School of Economics Outsourcing Unit.
Schooner Information Technology Inc. emerged from its development stage this month to launch the first two products in its family of flash-based data center servers: the Schooner Appliance for MySQL Enterprise applications and the Schooner Appliance ...
VMware will target SMBs with the launch of its vSphere 4 operating system for cloud computing, while offering a new certification to channel partners.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW