Apple Computer on Saturday started selling the iPad tablet, a handheld device through which users can view movies, surf the Internet, read e-books and play games.
Industry groups and government agencies from the U.S., Europe and Japan have reached a basic agreement on how to measure the energy efficiency of data centers, they are expected to say on Monday.
Sharp will launch an LCD panel for mobile devices this year that can show images with the illusion of 3D without requiring viewers to wear special glasses.
The Xbox's first-ever 'Inventory Blowout Sale' is slashing prices on 10 well-known Xbox Live Arcade games, including Super Street Fighter II HD and South Park. Find out the rest of the sale slate inside.
Rumors began circulating yesterday (starting at The Kartel) that developers at Sega Studios San Francisco had been notified that today would be their last day. Given the fact that this story sprouted on April Fools' Day, we were unsure whether it wou...
It seems like every 10 seconds, a new press release crosses the wire announcing another iPad game; and here we thought the device didn't go on sale until tomorrow. Here's a list of the good stuff.
Imagine controlling Apple iTunes from inside Microsoft Word without having to switch applications. That could be possible, according to researchers at the University of Washington who are working on a project that could essentially make any proprieta...
Internet service provider (ISP) Exetel will next week announce new conventional and naked ADSL2 plans that include unlimited uploads and downloads, according to a company newsletter.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate smartphones from Taiwan's HTC based on Apple's claims of patent infringement.
Verizon Business and IBM are now offering a joint service aimed at helping large businesses safely store large chunks of data within the Verizon cloud.
Acer on Wednesday announced its Aspire Ethos laptops, which incorporate a secondary touch screen that doubles as a touchpad to help navigate multimedia content.
The Chinese government apparently slowed access to Google Web sites earlier this week, as the search giant last night backed off earlier statements that access to the site was blocked by changes Google made to the engine's search parameters.
Microsoft uncovered more than 1,800 bugs in Office 2010 by tapping into the unused computing horsepower of idling PCs, a company security engineer said today.
Microsoft will expand its Hohm consumer energy management software to work with Ford Motor Company electric cars, the two companies announced Wednesday.
Dell could start offering managed print services later this year as it tries to extend its reach in the printing and imaging market, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW