Demand for IT professionals with strong Linux skills will surge as a result of Google's upcoming release of the Chrome operating system, according to recruitment agency CV Screen.
The irony is beautiful: To protect your Kindle, don't buy protection.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed the first security vulnerability in Firefox 3.5, and said that the bug could be used to hijack a machine running the company's newest browser.
Google Voice is headed for Blackberry and Android handsets, potentially turning smart phones into your hub for managing voice mail, all your contacts, and making low-cost phone calls, according to reports surfacing on the Web today.
Ever wonder what your co-worker or friend is doing online? The Nielsen Company has a pretty good idea what they're up to.
Triple-whammy. PC Perspective is reporting that a trifecta of motherboard manufacturers--ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI--are all using the exact same SATA 6.0 Gb/s controller into their upcoming P55-chipset motherboards. Only said controller, Marvell's 88S...
Ask Malcolm Gravette what is driving the need for more wireless bandwidth, and the systems application manager for ADT Security will tell you: It's megapixel video.
A first-time novelist is taking a new tack by releasing his book 140 characters at a time.
While Samsung has been making waves lately in netbooks and smartphones, they've also announced some new stuff for camera buffs.
Microsoft's European online store crashed today under the load from customers eager to grab discounted copies of Windows 7.
A hacker has reportedly obtained and distributed more than 300 confidential documents pertaining to Twitter's business affairs. The documents were reportedly stored on Google Apps.
Microsoft Corp. this week announced a pair of enterprise software licensing bundles that one analyst said could save money and time for the company's loyal customers.
On-demand ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor NetSuite announced a promotion on Wednesday that provides a 50 percent discount for one year if the customer can prove they belong to a "green" organization, such as the Sustainable Buildings Indust...
The uphill battle that open-source programs face to steal ground from proprietary software comes with added pitfalls in China, where problems like software piracy take away strengths that open source has elsewhere.
PC shipments were slightly stronger than expected in the second quarter, propped up by consumer spending and lower prices, according to IDC research released on Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC