Google has released version 4.1 of Google Maps for Android, adding a constantly-updated map wallpaper, tweaking the way search results are displayed and adding a new Latitude widget for tracking your friends.
Facebook's 400 million users have been targeted by a spam run that could infect their computers with malicious software designed to steals passwords and other data, according to security researchers at McAfee.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8, not Apple's Safari, will be the first browser to fall in next week's Pwn2Own hacking challenge, the contest organizer said today.
Microsoft's new browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), will not run on Windows XP, now or when the software eventually ships, the company confirmed this week.
Illegal file-sharers will cost the European creative industries $A356bn (£215bn) by 2015, says Tera Consultants.
Fine-grained network controls that are coming with next-generation mobile technology could make some demanding mobile applications such as video perform better but may also raise net neutrality concerns.
At its MIX Web developer conference this week Microsoft had little to say about the unnamed browser in Windows Phone 7, even as it trumpeted a limited "preview" release of desktop Internet Explorer 9.
Content providers are increasingly streaming 3D video over the Internet, but many computers are not yet 3D-ready and users may not be all that interested in that viewing option, analysts said.
High Tech Computer (HTC) on Thursday said it plans to "fully defend itself" against the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Apple early this month, adding it has always respected the intellectual property of others and will continue to do so.
Google is working with Intel, Sony and other partners to develop Google TV, a service aimed at putting the Internet search giant's Web offerings in people's living rooms, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
Acquia hopes to make a hosted version of its Drupal open-source content management system widely available in about three months, the company's CTO said Wednesday.
Amazon has released a version of its Kindle application for Mac OS X.
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
When Sony launched its PSP Go last year the company had high hopes. The device was supposed to help PlayStation Portable shipments increase by almost a million units for the year and spearhead Sony's digital download push into the portable gaming mar...
Users of popular micro-blogging service Twitter were unable to access the site for almost 30 minutes early Wednesday.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTChange ManagerACT