Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its Application Verification program, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certain requirements.
Nintendo will launch a new version of its handheld DS next month with a larger screen, it said Thursday.
Amazon Payments has introduced a new way to pay at Amazon.com and a number of other web retailers. The service is called PayPhrase and lets users enter a phase and personal identification number to speed up the checkout process, it said on Thursday.
File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its <a href="http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Verification">Application Verification program</a>, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certa...
Ever wish you had someone to accompany you on a long drive -- a companion that knows you well, can help you avoid traffic jams, maybe even help find the cheapest gas along the route home from work?
Oracle has provided new details about its plans for certain key Sun Microsystems technologies, including the GlassFish application server and the NetBeans application development toolkit.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
Even before the phones it is hinging its future livelihood on hit the market, Motorola posted a surprise profit and upped expectations for the current quarter.
Google is changing the way it resolves music-related search queries through a variety of partnerships designed to help it provide more relevant and useful results.
SAP's revenue fell in the third quarter, but earnings rose -- although neither figure was as high as analysts had hoped. The company said it expected the decline in software and software-related service revenue to continue.
Yahoo and Microsoft have missed a deadline for finalizing their search and advertising deal and have now extended the deadline for an unspecified period.
U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday unveiled US$3.4 billion in grants to update the nation's electrical grid, but the benefits could reach to the broadband sector as well, one community broadband adviser said.
The debate has become heated at the ICANN meeting in Seoul this week over whether new generic Top-Level Domains should be approved and whether some applicants should be allowed into the fast-track process.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC