The upcoming first person shooter Metro 2033 will hit Australian shores 18 March, THQ announced today. The game will be released 48 hours after its US launch and is available on PC and Xbox 360.
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of 3D-capable LCD and LED television panels. The panels will be produced in 40, 46 and 55in sizes with both LED and regular CCFL backlighting. Active shutter glasses technology will be respons...
Apple has finally revealed its hotly anticipated tablet, the iPad, and initial reactions have been mixed.
Apple's A4 chip, being used in the iPad, could ultimately provide a speed bump to future versions of the company's iPhone, analysts said on Thursday.
Oracle on Wednesday tried to answer the question that has vexed much of the technology industry since it announce its acquisition of Sun Microsystems last April: How will Oracle make the ailing systems and software vendor a profitable part of its bus...
Software developers already building applications for Apple's wildly popular iPhone are gearing up for the new Apple tablet device, anticipating new opportunities for their software as well as tweaks they will have to make to their code.
Google's recently released Social Search feature, whose raison d'etre is to include content from users' social-network contacts in search results, can barely tap into the connections people have made on Facebook, the world's largest social network.
Facebook-oholics now have more tools to deepen their dependency on the world's most popular social-networking site.
Motorola's fourth-quarter sales fell 20 percent year-on-year, but the company still made out a small profit, unhampered by the exceptional charges that plunged it into loss a year ago, it reported Thursday. It expects to make a loss in the first quar...
Nokia reported a fourth-quarter profit of €948 million (US$1.3 billion), up 65 percent from a year earlier thanks to improved phone sales.
People around the world continue to be duped by advance-fee frauds, with one Dutch private investigation company estimating the highest ever annual losses occurred in 2009.
Adobe Systems reached out to Flash developers in the wake of Apple's iPad announcement, saying it plans to add support for the iPad's higher screen resolution to its upcoming Packager for iPhone development tool.
Apple's pricing for the iPad is "ridiculous," a hardware expert said Wednesday, as he argued that the $130 price difference for models with 3G means buyers of those tablets subsidize the lowest-priced $499 model.
Juniper and Polycom this week announced an alliance to offer telepresence and video conferencing services to enterprises through service providers.
Despite the introduction of the iPad and the harsh words of Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs, netbooks will continue to thrive, say analysts and commentators, who cite the tablet's missing features and relatively high price.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia