Fraudsters may have a hot deal waiting for them in the form of an obscure Chinese domain name that's for sale on the Internet.
Netbooks in the enterprise are coming, some observers believe. And whether it takes a year or five for netbooks to catch on in Corporate America, it behooves IT managers to get ready sooner rather than having to clean up a mess later on.
The European Union published findings of an 18-month investigation Tuesday finding that 301 Web sites that sold mobile phone ringtones, wallpapers and other services had "serious breaches of EU consumer law," according to a statement.
As expected, Microsoft today launched its first public beta of Office 2010, posting the preview for download on its Web site.
EMC is extending its Avamar backup software to all parts of an enterprise's infrastructure with clients for PC and Mac desktops and laptops.
SAP does not expect mission-critical applications to move to the cloud in the near future, the company's chief technology officer said on Wednesday.
The European Ombudsman accused the European Commission on Thursday of "maladministration" during its antitrust investigation of Intel, which resulted in a hefty fine earlier this year, as well as an order to desist from its anti-competitive practices...
Intel Capital, the venture capital arm of the world's largest chip maker, Tuesday detailed seven new investments worth around US$25 million in total, in addition to an investment in U.S. WiMax operator Clearwire.
3Com's board of directors is facing a lawsuit over the proposed acquisition by Hewlett Packard Development Company, but a financial analyst who studies Ethernet switching argued if approved, both vendors would benefit from the deal.
After pulling a firmware upgrade for its X25-M consumer solid state drive last month due to user complaints, Intel Corp. indicated today that it would be re-issuing the upgrade by the end of this month.
Microsoft announced that its Azure cloud computing platform will be launched into production on January 1st of 2010. Chief software architect Ray Ozzie also unveiled details of a cloud computing project, codenamed 'Dallas'.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today announced upgrades to its Sun Storage 7000 family of disk arrays that double the performance and capacity from a maximum of 288TB to 576TB in a 4U (7-in) space. The company is also now offering high-speed InfiniBand connec...
Microsoft posted the Office 2010 Beta to its developer and IT subscription sites today, another clue that it will soon offer the preview to the general public.
Canon Australia today announced an iPhone app that will allow users to print photos directly from the smartphone. The Easy Photo-Print App is already available in the US, UK and Canada, and can be downloaded for free from the Australian iTunes Store ...
The announcement at the beginning of the month that the government was postponing a Euros 800 million (US$1.2 billion) investment in modernizing Italy's broadband infrastructure has provoked indignation among government critics and embarrassment amon...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new Outlook feature will organize your inbox for you
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC