VMware has added support for Windows 7 and expanded the ability to handle virtual processors in Workstation 7, the new version of its platform for running multiple OSes simultaneously on a PC.
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Cisco has announced plans to buy privately held ScanSafe, a maker of software-as-a-service (SaaS) Web security services for enterprises and small-to-midsize businesses, for $US183 million.
An add-on that Microsoft silently slipped into Mozilla's Firefox last February leaves that browser open to attack, Microsoft's security engineers acknowledged earlier this week.
While there are an infinite number of social engineering exploits, typical ones include the following:
Turning a traditional two-dimensional Web page into a single stream of content can help to get its information out to more users, IBM believes.
Businesses are failing to address the problem of assessing the costs of running the data centre making it near impossible to assess costing according to a senior analyst.
Apple may have missed the netbook boat by not producing a low-priced notebook to compete with the ultra-cheap portables that have cornered a significant portion of the PC market, a survey published today said.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the maker of the most popular desktop Linux alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows, not only claims to be "delighted" that Windows 7 is out, but calls the new operating system an "excellent rele...
From acid-leaking game controllers to flame-shooting laptops, these eight failures are enough to shake anyone's faith in technology.
Here's the scenario: Attackers compromise a major brand's Web site. But instead of stealing customer records, the attacker installs malware that infects the computers of thousands of visitors to the site. The issue goes unnoticed until it's exposed p...
In 2006, just as the first tweet was being Twittered, BT Global Services launched an effort to keep its customers and 112,000 employees safe in a new world of Web-based communities and other interactive sites.
A jury trial is set to begin in a somewhat rare trade-secret theft case in which federal prosecutors are trying to prove that two engineers misappropriated trade secrets from a U.S. technology company to benefit China's government.
A scientist who once worked on the Star Wars missile defense project and is credited with discovering the presence of water on the moon is being accused by federal prosecutors of attempting to sell top secret information to a foreign intelligence age...
Mac clone maker Psystar yesterday started selling a utility that lets owners of generic PCs install and run Apple's Snow Leopard operating system.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW