Apple's Mac Pro has been ignored for so long that even Windows 10 mobile workstations are catching up on features and performance.
On the shelves of a laboratory near San Francisco sit tanks and tanks of mysterious looking liquids. It's the Silicon Valley offices of UL, a product testing organisation previously known as Underwriters Laboratory, and these liquids play an importan...
The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Apple is building a new data center in Denmark, and it has some interesting ideas on how to power the data center with renewable energy, while also giving back to the community.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Microsoft is offering IT pros some new guidance on when they can expect major feature updates.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
EVGA's rolling out a new version of the GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 with faster 11GHz memory, and a BIOS update lets existing owners join the fun.
If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
Plus GOG will give you DRM-free versions of any Saints Row games you already own on Steam, through GOG Connect.
Microsoft reveals when Redstone 3 will ship—as well as every Windows feature update beyond that—as part of its new semiannual schedule for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to deregulate the providers of the business data lines connecting broadband service to many small businesses, schools, hospitals, and ATM machines.
A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
How many virtual assistants can you fit in one smartphone? European network operator Orange is hoping there's room to squeeze in one more, called Djingo.
Dell's UltraSharp UP2718Q HDR monitor comes with 1,000 nits brightness, a huge color spectrum, and a big ol' price tag of $2,000.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
- This is the closest thing Intel has built to a discrete GPU
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Box revises platform pricing to ease developer adoption
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator / Talent Acquisitio ConsultantNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT