Brocade has launched a line of small form factor Carrier Ethernet routers designed to make Ethernet service delivery at the edge more cost and power efficient.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that its upcoming cloud computing platform will come with marketplaces for both online apps built to run on Azure as well as datasets that companies can use to build their own apps.
A Beijing court has ruled that Microsoft violated a Chinese company's intellectual property rights in a case over fonts used in past Windows operating systems, state media said Tuesday.
Diskeeper Corp. today launched software that it says prevents up to 85% of hard drive fragmentation on Microsoft Windows systems, thereby improving performance and virtually eliminating the scheduled, automatic or manual task of defragmentation.
Hewlett-Packard is trying to tackle concerns about the cost and complexity of thin-client computing with new products and tools announced Tuesday.
While the iPhone has become a powerful force in the portable gaming market, it has done so almost entirely due to software created by third parties.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
What mythical product will simultaneously kill off the Kindle, iPod, Zune, iPod, Nintendo DS, and a whole slew of cheap netbooks?
New Oxford American Dictionary has announced the verb "unfriend" as its word of the year, confirming the social networking term's ubiquity.
An ambitious plan by Japan to build the most powerful computer in the world stands on the brink of collapse this week after a government panel recommended funding for the project be virtually eliminated.
Database hacking has gone mainstream and is becoming harder to detect because of the increasingly sophisticated anti-forensic procedures hackers use to cover their tracks.
More than 95 million Web sites – including 80 million using .com names and 15 million using .net names – will have access to new security mechanisms that prevent visitors from being unknowingly sent to phony sites engaged in phishing and pharming att...
As NASA’s space shuttle Atlantis astronauts blasted into space this afternoon, the last thing on their minds was wondering what’s for dinner.
Hackers have figured out how to sidestep Windows 7's activation process, continuing a long-running battle with Microsoft, which has blocked such tactics in the past.
Optus has become the first telco in Australia to release its own mobile applications store, targeting non-iPhone devices. Apple, Google, Microsoft and Nokia have all launched mobile app stores accessible to Australian users.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW