Adobe Systems is considering modifying its PDF applications to counter a way to run arbitrary code on Windows computers by embedding it in a malicious PDF file.
A Bank of America computer specialist is set to plead guilty to charges that he hacked the bank's automated tellers to dispense cash without recording the activity.
Despite the hoopla surrounding cloud computing, almost half of U.S. IT managers are still wary of using cloud computing services within their own operations, according to the results of a survey released Wednesday by the Information Systems Audit and...
Intel will ship computers with an experimental 48-core processor to researchers by the end of the second quarter as the company tries to reshape its future chips.
Google's years-long attempt to create an online library and store with millions of books will face yet another legal hurdle with the filing of a class-action copyright infringement lawsuit by the American Society of Media Photographers.
Global chip manufacturer Intel announced recently the availability of its next-generation Xeon processors which sport the popular Nehalem microarchitecture found in its consumer Core chips, and is targeted at mission-critical servers at the enterpris...
Like many other Facebook users Jeff Crites heard of the US$1,000 Best Buy gift-card offer last month from a friend, a Web savvy director of social media at a Fortune 500 company.
The security researcher who invented malware known as Blue Pill has come up with a secure open source operating system called Qubes OS that is available for alpha-testing downloads.
The iPad isn't special when it comes to airport security, it's just part of a smaller class of gadgets that doesn't need to be removed for screening.
Depending upon your perspective, Apple's iPad may be priceless or it may be pointless. On a less subjective scale, however, we're getting a better idea of what exactly an iPad is worth -- when it comes to its components, at least.
The malfunctioning Ku-Band antenna on the NASA space shuttle Discovery has forced crew members to seek new ways to complete scheduled tasks just a day into the crew's 13-day mission.
Reacting to a demonstration that showed how attackers could force-feed malware to users without exploiting an actual vulnerability, Foxit Software patched its PDF viewer last week.
Without a doubt the most anticipated tech launch so far this year, the Apple iPad has finally arrived. Unveiled in the US over the weekend, the device's launch was accompanied by a storm of publicity that only an Apple product could create.
Providing an alternative to the Microsoft-dominated desktop, Canonical later this month will offer a version of its desktop Linux OS featuring a new look and feel, faster boot speed and accommodations for social networks.
Microsoft may be late adding USB storage support to the Xbox 360--Sony's PlayStation 3 supported it off the block--but it's finally live, for all you aspiring archivists. All you need to do is log into Xbox LIVE, pull down the latest update, and pres...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung mulls iris scanners on smartphones to log into Windows PCs
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
- HP’s Pro x2 convertible takes on the iPad with vertical accessories
- HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone gets a job with Mobile Retail and Mobile Scanning Solutions
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCFinancial Business AnalystACT
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT