AT&T raised the stakes last week in its recent dust-up with Google over an online voice service, accusing its rival of blocking phone calls to nuns.
Apple on Monday posted an increase in net profit and sales for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2009 despite a year-over-year decline in iPod shipments.
Ericsson will soon launch a platform designed to let consumers buy online content such as news stories with the charge billed to their mobile phone rather than other payment methods, such as a credit card.
Mozilla has now unblocked a Microsoft add-on thought to pose a danger due to a software vulnerability, but a second add-on remains blocked, the organization said on Sunday.
After transcripts of some voice mail messages from Google Voice users appeared in search results, Google has modified the telephony management service to prevent this from happening, the company said Monday.
Google, not known for using conventional marketing to promote its wares, has nonetheless found that such an approach is effective for its enterprise products and will roll out internationally a campaign it launched in the US in August.
Oracle should resolve antitrust concerns over its acquisition of Sun Microsystems by selling open-source database MySQL to a suitable third party, its cofounder and creator Michael "Monty" Widenius said in a blog post on Monday.
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
IBM has placed Robert Moffat, the head of its Systems and Technology Group, on a leave of absence after he was charged by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in an alleged insider-trading scheme.
Microsoft and Yahoo are touting a brief letter that an advertising association sent to the U.S. Department of Justice supporting the search deal proposed by the companies.
Android is known for smartphones but the mobile platform will also power the new Alex e-reader from a Fremont, Calif., company called Spring Design.
Millions of servers around the world are doing little more than wasting energy, according to a new study.
Unix software vendor SCO, struggling through bankruptcy and a Unix copyright trial involving Novell, has fired president and CEO, Darl McBride.
Until now, Windows Vista was the most secure version of the Windows operating system.
Guessing what eye-popping growth figures Microsoft will trumpet for its popular portal and collaboration app, SharePoint, has become an annual parlor game for fans and detractors alike.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW