Application developers are eager to start building software for Apple's expected tablet, according to a just-published survey from Appcelerator, a maker of developer tools.
People logging on to their Twitter accounts this morning found a new feature waiting for them.
After hitting a grand slam with the iPhone, Apple can't be too happy with some of the early reaction to the iPad. On message boards, Twitter, blogs, and Facebook, a recurring theme has been to compare the device to a "giant iPod touch."
A move to the cloud will enable new kinds of applications that public safety and law enforcement agencies can use to do their jobs better, Microsoft’s CEO said during its annual Worldwide Public Safety Symposium on Wednesday.
If our experience here and the chatter on Twitter is any indication, then the answer is that it sure looks as though the Internet gagged on an iPad.
A recent Facebook feature can be exploited to be a cyber-bullying tool in the wrong hands, a security vendor warns.
GamePro is reporting live from Apple's press event--check out our feed here. At the event, the company has just announced a device called the iPad, which seemingly merges two of the company's most popular products--the iPhone and the Macbook.
Software developers already building applications for Apple's wildly popular iPhone are gearing up for the new Apple tablet device announced today, anticipating new opportunities for their software as well as tweaks they will have to make to their co...
Very soon, we'll know whether Apple has changed the world again. The company has scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. Eastern time today. For months now, the rumor mills and blogosphere have been abuzz with speculation that Apple will debut a new ...
A widely deployed system intended to reduce on-line payment card fraud is fraught with security problems, according to University of Cambridge researchers.
Facebook will have another first under its belt tonight.
Twitter appears to have mostly held up under the barrage of tweets hitting the micro-blogging site during Apple's announcement of the iPad today.
I heard a rumor that everyone's sick of hearing rumors about the Apple tablet. I hate to speculate, but I'm pretty sure this one is true.
The new version of Sybase's flagship database system software, released Wednesday, will be the first version that can be run entirely within working memory.
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Mirai DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over US$37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTData AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW