Many organizations are considering shutting down their data centers and migrating most IT functions to the cloud. Beware, though: <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150038/Dark_clouds_gather_over_online_security">Not all clouds are soft...
Any companies that have not gone down the virtualisation path are going to be in the minority. A survey of 700 CIOs worldwide has revealed that companies are committing more to the technologies and it's expected to drive much of the purchasing decisi...
Cloud computing is driving major changes in the business models and services provided by internet service providers, opening new areas of potential business for those willing to invest.
Extreme Networks is offering next-generation data centre products to enable the migration to virtualised data centres and new infrastructure solutions that feature high scalability, performance and simplicity.
Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
This week Google whisked back the curtain on Buzz, its dive into the world of social-networking technology.
Juniper Networks has set up a new division to explore new opportunities in what the company calls 'New Network' demands.
The security measures at Royal Dutch Shell are under close scrutiny after the details of 176,000 employees and contractors were emailed to campaigners.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications expanded its line of smartphones based on Google's Android software platform on Sunday, adding two new touchscreen models: the Xperia X10 mini and mini pro.
Samsung is hoping a "Super-AMOLED" capacitive touchscreen will set the GT-S8500 Wave, the company's first smartphone based on its own Bada platform, apart from the competition, it said on Sunday. But analysts are questioning if the platform will be a...
Macworld Expo without Apple is a smaller, lower-key affair, but that hasn't kept Apple enthusiasts from attending the show. The show floor is as packed with attendees as ever, despite Apple's absence. And in a sense, the lack of Apple isn't such a ba...
Speculation is mounting that Microsoft will show off the Windows Mobile 7 operating system at a wireless industry conference in Barcelona next week. Customers have waited through a series of delays and setbacks, but if those predictions turn out to b...
The Internet advocate who blasted Microsoft in 2006 over the daily "phone home" habits of its anti-piracy software took the company to task again today for a new practice that will examine consumers' Windows 7 PCs every 90 days to make sure they're r...
Just weeks after patching a critical flaw, Adobe Systems is rushing out another patch for its Reader and Acrobat software. The company also patched a critical issue in Flash Player Thursday.
A former security researcher turned criminal hacker has been sentenced to 13 years in federal prison for hacking into financial institutions and stealing credit card account numbers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSystem EngineerNSW