It looks a little like the Jetson's flying car but it travels on magnetically levitated highways. That's one vision of a future commuter system that could be developed by a marriage of NASA robot-control software and car-like pods from Unimodal Syste...
Intel's upcoming Braidwood NAND flash memory module, which is aimed at giving users faster boot-ups and application launches, could undermine solid-state disk (SSD) demand, according to a recent report on the new technology.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies today announced it's shipping the fifth generation of its 7200-rpm, 2.5-inch laptop hard disk drive that, at 500GB, has more than twice the capacity of its predecessor and is 16% faster.
Apple today patched 15 vulnerabilities in three versions of Java used by Mac OS X 10.5, or Leopard, bringing the operating system up to par with fixes that Sun issued a month ago.
Microsoft today said it will deliver five security updates on Tuesday, all affecting Windows and all ranked "critical," the company's highest threat rating.
Intel has tweaked its chip road map, with plans to extend its upcoming Westmere mainstream desktop dual-core chips with integrated graphics processors to entry-level servers.
Facebook is extending its Connect data portability technology to developers of mobile sites and applications, following its launch six months ago for iPhone developers, the company announced Thursday in an official blog.
Mac users may be surprised that versions of Apple's latest operating system, Snow Leopard, also installs an older version of Adobe System's Flash player, potentially putting them at a higher security risk.
A new version of Windows is not typically a reason to throw a party, but Microsoft is hoping people will do just that to celebrate Windows 7, and has teamed with House Party to help them do so.
A proposed settlement between Google and book publishers and authors will give huge new advantages to students, minorities and disabled people, supporters said Thursday.
The European Commission opened an in-depth investigation into Oracle's planned $7.4 billion takeover of Sun Microsystems Thursday, citing concerns about the deal's effect on competition in the market for databases.
Amazon and Microsoft have been pushing cloud-computing services as a low-cost way to outsource raw computing power, but the products may introduce new security problems that have yet to be fully explored, according to researchers at the University of...
Opposition spokesperson, Nick Minchin, has bought the Government’s proposed Internet content filtering scheme back to the political forefront, criticising the Government over its lack of transparency regarding the trials.
Following last month’s news that Adelaide will get a $3 million WiMax mobile broadband network, the Seven Network has announced plans to build a $50 million WiMax network in Perth.
According to Hideo Kojima, the two separate teams working on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid: Rising "are not really good friends."
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA