Among the retooling of the more prominent iMac and MacBook lines earlier Tuesday, Apple quietly introduced its first small-scale server, a $US999 box based on the Mac mini that one analyst called the only significant announcement of today.
Yahoo has reported revenue of US$1.58 billion for the third quarter of 2009, down 12 percent from the same period a year earlier, although net income was up sharply, by 244 percent, the company said.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday announced a new range of desktop microprocessors, including its first Athlon triple-core processors.
How fast is the shift to server virtualization happening? According to Gartner, 18% of server workloads this year run on virtualized servers; that share will grow to 28% next year and reach almost half by 2012.
Apple today revamped its iMac, MacBook and Mac mini lines in a long-expected refresh that company executives hinted yesterday was imminent.
How to provide a secure telework environment without much overhead? That was the question facing Octagon Capital, a Toronto brokerage firm that ended up choosing an unusual hardware-and-cloud service from Route1.
Microsoft last week patched nine vulnerabilities, five marked "critical," in Windows 7, a move that will require users upgrading to the new operating system starting Thursday to download a security update to keep their PCs secure.
Fake security software "SpywareGuard" and "AntiVirus" are said to be the top two scareware programs out of about 250 fake security programs detected, according to a Symantec report.
There's been a lot of fuss in the press recently about Web 2.0 security. In the past year, Facebook and Twitter both have had serious problems that have made some waves among the technically savvy.
Las Vegas: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer characterized the recent Sidekick data loss episode as "not good," and said he believes all the data will be recovered, but added that Microsoft will have to be more forthcoming in explaining to enterprise custo...
It's hard to understand who in their right mind would want to incur the wrath of "Triple H," the intimidating superstar of professional wrestling. But when a poser created a fraudulent MySpace account in Triple H's name, it wasn't the wrestler that t...
The top trends affecting technology infrastructure over the next five years can be summed up as largely a list representing where IT and users are battling for control over technology.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Data broker ChoicePoint, the victim of a 2004 data breach affecting more than 160,000 U.S. residents, has agreed to strengthen its data security efforts and pay to compensate potential victims of identity theft for a second breach in 2008, the U.S. F...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW