Oracle may lay off between 850 to 1,000 European employees, according to the French union CFDT.
Sega's upcoming shooters based on the Alien franchise, Aliens vs. Predator and Aliens: Colonial Marines are still in development and on track to release in 2010 on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, but the new Aliens RPG has now officially been cancelled.
The Pirate Bay's new owners envision the site as the model for the next generation of file-sharing, where users can earn money by legally sharing content with others. In short, The Pirate Bay wants to pay you for file-sharing.
Nokia has announced the launch of a new version of its Ovi Maps software. It now includes live traffic updates delivered by Australian company Sentinel.
Conficker may not dominate the headlines any longer, but it's still going strong, according to Trend Micro's Malware Blog and stats from the Conficker Working Group.
Google made a few updates to various Apps services this week, including one that lets users within an organization share templates with each other.
Recently, Hollywood's biggest production companies fought in a brutal bidding war for the privilege to adapt the old-school space-blaster Asteroids into a film. The winner? Universal Studios, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Producers Lorenzo di ...
Panasonic has a new weapon in its recycling arsenal for dealing with cathode ray tubes from old televisions: a powerful laser that can quickly weaken the thick glass and enable a three-fold increase in processing speed.
Husband and wife owners of a California company that distributed pornographic materials over the Internet have been each sentenced to one year and one day in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
A digital rights group is contesting a U.S. music industry association's assertion that royalties are due each time a mobile phone ringtone is played in public.
Toronto-based solution provider, IT Methods, is aiming to "bring high-definition video conferencing to the masses," with its new videoCloud managed telepresence service offering and the help of its channel partners.
Internet cafe operator Global Gaming Factory X will be delisted from a Swedish stock exchange if it engages in illegal activities involving the file-sharing site The Pirate Bay, which it plans to acquire, a stock exchange official has warned.
The U.S. Department of Justice confirmed on Thursday that it is investigating a settlement involving Google Book Search for possible antitrust violations, following months of speculation that the agency had its eye on the service.
Less than a week after the iPhone app developer behind Hottest Girls was busted for distributing pornographic material on the iPhone, another perpetrator sneaked in and posted what is purported to be a photo of a nude 15-year-old girl to its iPhone a...
Apple is working to fix an iPhone vulnerability that could allow an attacker to remotely install and run unsigned software code with root access to the phone.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW