SAP's planned acquisition of Sybase reads like a World War I battle plan: replete with confident, assured references to "synergy" and objectives and market opportunities. But now, as then, the plan may bear little resemblance to what's happening on t...
The Cherlapally Central Jail in Andhra Pradesh state in south India is setting up a business process outsourcing (BPO) center, with the aim of giving the prisoners skills that will help them better integrate into society after their release, a senior...
Sybase users and partners are wondering how the company's technologies will fare under the pending ownership of SAP, but some of the answers are easier to come by than others.
Online advertising spending grew 7.5 percent in the U.S. in the first quarter, a clear sign that the digital media industry is recovering from a rough 2009, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Nearly 30 years and 115 million miles after NASA launched its first <a href="http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts132/multimedia/gallery/Padam.html">space shuttle</a> , the agency is preparing for the launch of Atlantis -- the...
Intelematics Australia, operators of the SUNA Traffic Channel, has announced a partnership with Ninemsn that allows motorists in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast to access live traffic updates on the Internet.
Dell will release its Streak handheld computer in Europe next month and in the U.S. during the summer, CEO Michael Dell said on Thursday.
Facebook has just unveiled a new set of user controls, but it isn't likely to do much in the way of calming anger about the social network's privacy policies.
The Wikimedia Foundation has started rolling out a new look and upgraded functionality for Wikipedia that will be applied to all of the online encyclopedia's language versions over the coming weeks.
Robots are always one of two things: unbelievably adorable, or terrifying, creepy, and ready to take over the world.
The City of Santa Clara has approved a plan by Yahoo allowing the Internet giant to build its new headquarters on a sprawling 46-acre (186,155 square meters) campus in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Adobe today countered recent attacks by Apple against its Flash technology with a Web-based ad campaign and an open letter written by the firm's co-founders.
Sony recorded its second straight year of losses last year as sales fell 6.7 percent, but the company expects to return to profitability this year, it said Thursday.
Researchers are paving the way for the future of micro-computing, using DNA (the building blocks of life) to build smaller-than-ever computer chips. These chips will be able to amass far superior amounts of circuitry compared to traditional silicon ...
The news is buzzing as a leak from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (via IntoMobile) states that it has received an order from Research in Motion for an 8.9-inch tablet.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD