Google today announced the Nexus One, a new HTC phone that showcases the latest version of the Android mobile operating system--Android 2.1. Google also announced today a new smartphone marketplace where consumers can buy phones and service plans, an...
MIPS Technologies continues its push to use Google's Android mobile OS in a range of products with plans to show off the first Android-based set-top boxes and netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
Eye-Fi has announced a re-engineering of its Eye-Fi card wireless SD Card that should make these niche cards more appealing. When I last reviewed Eye-Fi, the experience was hampered by slow upload speeds, and minimal memory (those cards maxed out 4G...
Despite playing a soft hand in terms of new cameras, Canon went all-in with its high-definition camcorder announcements at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Holy App Store! Apple is bragging that more than 3 billion apps for its iPhone and iPod Touch have been downloaded since the store opened on July 10, 2008. That's a lot of Super Monkey Balls, Facebook, and Google Earth Apple app downloads.
It feels great to be first--just ask Gigabyte, who's latest USB 3.0-equipped motherboard has become first motherboard in the world to receive USB-IF certification. Having received USB-IF certification, the GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard assures users that t...
We're used to seeing a processor as an integral part of the specs for a PC, but not so for network-attached storage (NAS). And yet that's how manufacturers, including QNAP, are boosting the performance of NAS devices. The company today introduced sev...
While Canon aggressively revamped its LEGRIA camcorder line at CES 2010 in Las Vegas, the company took a much more conservative approach to its camera lineup.
Apple appears to be getting into the mobile advertising business, through a rumored purchase of Quattro Wireless for US$275 million. This is about a third of what Google hopes to pay for competitor AdMob, if the feds don't end up blocking that deal.
For those of you who may not know, golf star Tiger Woods has been caught up in a scandal after a bizarre November 27, 2009 car accident revealed a string of mistresses. Several sponsors dropped Woods within weeks of the incident, however, EA Sports s...
Gear up your Grey Wardens, Dragon Age buffs, because Bioware's dubbed and dated its first official expansion pack, Awakenings, shipping worldwide for Xbox 360, PS3, and Windows March 16, 2010. Armchair conquistadors rejoice, because the expansion add...
Mobile phone maker Nokia has filed a new U.S. lawsuit accusing Apple of patent infringement, according to court documents, escalating the legal battle between the companies.
Imagine a GPS device that makes fun of you when you miss a turn. Or one speaks to you with pet names -- names that only those close to you know. Or a GPS that laces innuendo into its instructions. Garmin's Voice Studio software makes it all possible.
Lenovo on Tuesday made a splash in the mobile market with the launch of its first smartbook, a mini-laptop that the company says combines the best features of netbooks and smartphones, albeit without telephone functions.
With a screen depth of 18.5mm, the svelte Lenovo IdeaCentre A300 has claimed the title of the world's thinnest All-in-One PC. It sports a 21.5-inch, 1920-by-1080 resolution widescreen display, putting the final dimensions at 524 by 396 by 207mm (20....
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
- Forget the robocalypse -- 'Homo connecticus' may be what's coming
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- Microsoft continues pushing hybrid cloud with new launches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC