Google's threat to pull out of China is getting very little support from other businesses or the U.S. government. And that's because Google is irrelevant to the overall forces shaping global businesses.
If the question "What do you want from me?" screams in your head throughout the day, it might be time to re-assess the relationship you have with the rest of your organization."
Google and proponents of cloud computing were quick to say that this week's Google hack should not raise questions about the inherent security of the cloud, but the incident is fueling debate about the safety of storing data in facilities accessed ov...
Some Facebook users sending messages about the Haitian earthquake may have been a bit dismayed at times this week to find that they'd been booted off the site for suspicion of spamming.
Nokia has turned in its proposal for the user interface in Symbian 4, with the goal of developing an interface that can compete with the iPhone and Google's Android OS.
Compellent has launched Storage Center 5 incorporating several new features aimed at simplifying data replication and improving virtualisation.
Technology blog Valleywag says it has a winner in its Apple Tablet scavenger hunt offering prizes to anyone who can provide proof the mythical device exists. And the winner is: Apple? That's right; Gawker Media's tech blog is awarding a prize to Appl...
In a blow to the entertainment industry, a U.K. jury on Friday acquitted the operator of a popular BitTorrent search engine that enabled people to download music.
New rules to be introduced by government decree will require people who upload videos onto the Internet to obtain authorization from the Communications Ministry similar to that required by television broadcasters, drastically reducing freedom to comm...
Text donations to Haiti earthquake relief may not constitute a miracle, but the American Red Cross says it is overwhelmed by the millions of US$10 gifts it has received via mobile phone texting.
NASA says it is narrowing a short list of things its scientists can to extricate its stuck Mars Spirit rover.
Google appears to be trying to boost its customer support for Nexus One customers, posting replies to many more queries on its online forum.
Haiti earthquake relief donations made by text may not constitute a miracle, but the American Red Cross says it is overwhelmed by the millions of dollars it has received through $10 gifts sent via mobile phones.
Router manufacturer D-Link admitted Friday that some of its routers have a vulnerability that could allow hackers access to a device's administrative settings, but it has issued patches.
The dangerous Internet Explorer attack code used in last month's attack on Google's corporate networks is now public.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia