A certain truth about the big IT vendors is they want to sell as much as possible to any one customer and now, with virtualization, cloud computing and very tight IT budgets, they believe they have an opening.
Web sites such as job boards face a persistent problem: their data is constantly pilfered by automated bots.
Oracle is planning an aggressive fight with European regulators if its attempt to take over Sun is slapped with a statement of objections in the coming week, said people close to the company Wednesday.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Microsoft is laying off another 800 people, adding to the 5,000 the company has already let go this year.
Google upgraded the beta version of its Chrome browser yesterday, adding integrated bookmark synchronization and boasting of a 30% speed improvement over the current production edition.
In further confirmation that Internet crooks tend to grab for the low-hanging fruit, a new Microsoft report reveals that the most common browser-based attacks tend to go after old software flaws. Making sure you've closed those holes can go a long wa...
Nearly 1.7 million T-Mobile USA subscribers are affected by a service disruption that hit the mobile operator beginning late Tuesday afternoon.
It's one of the basic tenets of online security: Never use the same password/username combo for every website that requires one. The logic is sound, of course. A single security breach could expose your most private information -- such as banking and...
Likening its organizational plan to a museum featuring different galleries of interest, the Microsoft-backed CodePlex Foundation for open source projects this week is talking up its project submission guidelines, which were released last week.
The IBM executive charged with <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/102109-ibm-legal-trouble.html">insider trading</a> by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is out of a job at Big Blue.
Intel expanded its chip shipment lead over Advanced Micro Devices during the third quarter as the rivals battle for larger market share, according to a survey released by Mercury Research on Tuesday.
Google Apps users can expect to see significant improvements in the suite's voice- and video-chat capabilities, as the company builds on Gmail's current features in that area.
Gary Stephen Kaplan, founder of the online sports wagering business BetOnSports, has been sentenced to 51 months in prison on multiple charges related to the illegal overseas operation, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT