Microsoft rolled out a limited beta of its Live Office Workspace file-sharing and collaboration service Monday but will not open it to all comers for at least several weeks, and perhaps months.
It probably doesn't give security managers much comfort to hear that the majority of internal employees that pose a significant threat to network security are well-meaning, innocent offenders -- as opposed to those with malice on the mind.
Web applications security testing specialist Cenzic announced the latest version of its flagship scanning platform on Monday, adding new capabilities for inspecting programs utilizing virtualization technologies made by VMWare.
Microsoft has been working to link the upcoming SQL Server 2008 database to the company's software development platforms, with some glitches found along the way, according to two separate Microsoft blog posts.
URAM (user-RAM), a memory technology developed to be embedded on chips, has found a place on mobile TV chipsets developed by Dibcom.
Skype on Monday blamed an "unintentional communication oversight" for not notifying users a month ago that it had patched the Windows version of its voice-over-IP client software against a critical bug.
Via Technologies is shipping a do-it-yourself computer kit, called Artigo, that's based on the credit card-sized Pico-ITX motherboard announced by the company earlier this year.
Toshiba will begin manufacturing flash-based solid-state drives for laptops early next year, which the company said will offer faster boot times and lower power consumption than hard disk drives.
LinkedIn will let developers build applications for its professional networking site, an approach recently undertaken by social networking competitor Facebook, to make its site more interactive, the company said Monday.
Wetpaint today rolled out a hosted service that can help companies use online social communities to foster support for corporate brands and products.
Red Hat on Monday is shipping JBoss Developer Studio, an Eclipse-based IDE that bundles open source tooling and runtime software so that developers do not need to gather these components themselves.
An increasingly large number of patches are being issued for VMware's ESX Server, and system administrators could be struggling to keep up, so says a virtualization blog site Virtualization.info.
Organizers of the Paris on Rails conference that opened Monday were so busy preparing over the weekend that they hadn't heard the good news: Version 2.0 of the Ruby on Rails software development framework was released Friday.
Alcatel-Lucent has announced a Web Services network-security appliance intended to secure access to content and monitor for unauthorized transmission.
Microsoft confirmed it has fixed a bug in its online file storage and sharing service Windows Live FolderShare after users reported problems that the service was deleting files without user authorization.
If you’re struggling under the weight of the paper that your organisation is creating, then it’s time to take a significant re-think to how you approach printing. Businesses are creating more data and information than ever, and smart businesses are realising the environmental and commercial benefits to rolling out smarter printer options.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- SAP license fees are due even for indirect users, UK court says
- Computer crashed? You could blame forces beyond our solar system
- Insecure Android apps put connected cars at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest ManagerWA
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW