The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
Many companies and government agencies are counting on legions of teleworkers to keep their operations running in the event of an influenza pandemic. But those plans may quickly run aground as millions of people turn to the Internet for news and even...
Following their march from standard processors to dual-core and quad-core designs in 2006, Intel researchers have built an 80-core chip that performs more than a teraflops (trillions of floating point operations per second) while using less electrici...
It's taken the good part of a year, with most of it just in the planning, but the relaunch of commercial real estate Web site realcommercial.com.au has proven an instant success with the site recording an increase of over 40 per cent traffic in its f...
Nearly one year after Skype stole the headlines at the 3GSM World Congress with its plans to offer a mobile version of its Internet phone, a couple of nimble startups -- and not the Net telephony pioneer itself -- appear to have found a way to make t...
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
U.S. Congressman Chris Smith said that top American technology companies are failing to prevent censorship and other human rights abuses in China, writing Saturday in a letter to The Wall Street Journal.
Samsung unveiled a new media-centric phone clearly designed to be an iPhone killer and said it will show off the device at this week's 3GSM World Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
Value networking, says Gartner vice president and distinguished analyst Carol Rozwell, is a method for examining the relationships among a group of related organizations or individuals to understand and categorize the value each gains from the relati...
Ethernet is right up there with magnetic resonance imaging, the LP record, air bags, and soft contact lenses. So says the National Inventors Hall of Fame, which included Bob Metcalf, inventor of the ubiquitous LAN technology, in its latest round of i...
In an about-face, Microsoft Thursday said it will keep the Hotmail name for its Web-based e-mail service, even though it has touted a new moniker, Windows Live Mail, for months.
Internet video of the future will be slicker, more widely distributed and more profitable, but the success of this medium to date owes much to pirates, proud parents and people who like to be watched or watch others.
New allegations have surfaced that Apple CEO Steve Jobs was involved in backdating stock-option grants improperly while chairman of the animated movie studio Pixar.
Environmentalists have been urging consumers for decades to wake up to impending disaster and change their buying, driving and living habits to reduce pollution, cut energy consumption and help reverse global warming.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD