Intel has shrunk another processor that will be incorporated into new ultrathin laptops, possibly creating competition for the processor it developed for the MacBook Air ultrathin laptop.
Continuing its push into the mobile consumer market, Microsoft announced that it plans to acquire Danger, the developer of software and services that run the Sidekick.
Yahoo's rejection of Microsoft's acquisition bid is likely a negotiating strategy to elicit a higher offer and shouldn't be seen as an attempt to resist a deal at all costs, according to analysts.
Confirming weekend rumors, Yahoo rejected on Monday Microsoft's US$44.6 billion cash-and-stock offer, saying the unsolicited proposal substantially undervalues the company.
Google's Android software platform for mobile phones is coming to life in Barcelona, with a number of chip manufacturers showing it running on prototype or proof-of-concept phones at the Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates talked publicly for the first time on Monday about the next big Office release, code-named Office 14, which he said will give users new ways to access their applications online.
Microsoft has updated its Office Live Small Business hosted service with new e-commerce and marketing tools to help small businesses sell their products and services online.
The Discovery Channel Monday launched a new 3-D Rich Internet Application (RIA) called Earth Live that allows users to interact with scientific data and visualize events such as climate change and polar melting in real time.
WatchGuard is adding SSL VPN capabilities to its Firebox line of multi-function security devices, turning them into remote access gateways for devices that don't have IPSec clients.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates touted yesterday on Microsoft's plans to build a declarative modeling language that could greatly reduce the need to code.
Tight margins and aggressive market conditions have forced NEC to exit the entry-level LCD monitors market.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and industry commentators have attacked Telstra and the government for not drafting ADSL2+ regulation and have called for discussions between industry and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
The use of data encryption could make organizations vulnerable to new risks and threats, a panel of security experts warned today.
Flock this week added MySpace support to its Mozilla-based social Web browser that allows users to monitor what is happening on their favorite social networks while they surf the Web.
You might think the last thing you'd need to play games on your mobile phone would be a wireless remote control, but Zeemote's JS1 is just that.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's new Polaris-based Radeon Pro Duo is slower than its predecessor
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTProject Manager (Office 365 / Mobility)QLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW