Readers of Google's <a href="http://googlecustomsearch.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Custom Search Blog</a> were handed a bit of a surprise Tuesday when the Web site was temporarily removed from the blogosphere and hijacked by someone unaffiliated w...
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Joining the trend of providing security technology as a service, Proofpoint on Tuesday announced a hosted version of its messaging-security offering.
Sales of PDAs continued a steep decline in the second quarter, as struggling vendors shipped 719,000 units worldwide, down from 1.26 million last year, according to a market research report released Wednesday.
Web scammers are turning to online property forums to collect personal information about users for later attempts to swindle them out of money, according to a security researcher.
Microsoft dropped the price of the Xbox 360 on Tuesday to coincide with the release of Madden NFL 08. Effective Wednesday, Xbox 360 premium will sell for US$349, the Core model for US$279, and the Elite model with larger hard drive for US$449.
Industry analyst Micheal Pachter predicted on Tuesday that Sony will likely drop the price of the PS3 for a second time in early 2008 to coincide with the release of Grand Theft Auto 4. The news comes on the same day Microsoft formally dropped the pr...
A massive spam blast that started Tuesday is still in progress and shows no sign of abating, a security company said.
According to a new usage report by consumer research group NPD, gamers are either unaware or apathetic to the non-gameplay features of next-gen consoles.
Microsoft confirmed late Wednesday the existence of newly updated Xbox 360 units that include HDMI support. The news comes amid reports that new machines are now available in U.S stores coinciding with today's price drops.
Mozilla's next update to Firefox will sport several new safer surfing features, the company's chief of security said Wednesday, but users won't see the most important changes.
Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) continues to narrow the gap with the open-source Apache Web server, with a survey firm suggesting that the longtime second banana could surpass Apache as early as next year.
As hard drive manufacturers relentlessly pursue packing greater aerial density on smaller devices, Fujitsu Computer Products of America may have an ace in the hole. The company is announcing later this week that it has created ideally "ordered" alumi...
Google News is adding a new feature that will allow people involved in news stories to add their comments to the Web page.
Emphasizing that more must be done to expand the volume of Linux applications, Novell President/CEO Ron Hovsepian proposed Wednesday that a standardized application certification process be developed among different players in the Linux market.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW