Attendees at the Microsoft 2008 Office System Developer Conference this week are leveraging development capabilities in Office System, but cite issues such as getting used to the new ribbon-based Fluent UI in the 2007 Office release.
Internet policymakers are considering sweeping changes to the way they distribute IP addresses that could allow network operators to make money by transferring unused blocks of IPv4 address space to others in need. One result could be lessened incent...
Sydney-based software company PipeVines has launched its customer interaction management application as an in-house application or hosted service that integrates call centre voice services with BPM and workflow management tools.
Amendments to the Privacy Act to be introduced this year include a range of sweeping new powers allowing the Privacy Commissioner to enforce the mandatory reporting of new data breaches.
A future version of Bluetooth will be able to increase throughput for sending videos, music, and other high-bandwidth applications by using a nearby Wi-Fi network, the group in charge of Bluetooth development says.
Extending its business services abilities, Dell will buy MessageOne for about $US155 million in cash.
Citrix has announced the first upgrades to the Xen server virtualisation products since completing the acquisition of XenSource last October.
T-Mobile has announced that it will soon begin using Yahoo as its preferred mobile search provider in Europe, ending the operator's existing relationship with Google for mobile search.
The FBI and the US Internet Crime Complaint Center today said that with Valentine's Day approaching, users should be on the lookout for spam e-mails spreading Storm Worm malware.
[[xref: http://www.microsoftsubnet.com|Microsoft]] Tuesday released 11 security patches, six with the highest rating of "critical" that span Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer, but some say it is a combination of two non-critical vulnerabilities ...
The bug fixes kept coming Monday, as Apple shipped critical security updates for its Mac OS X operating system.
gotalk has jumped on the naked DSL bandwagon with the announcement of what it calls an aggressive challenge to iiNet, Telstra and Optus naked DSL services.
Research In Motion still doesn't know why its BlackBerry service went down for several hours on Monday.
Early this week Microsoft said it was again pushing out the release date of the problem resolution software it plans to add to its System Center lineup of management tools.
Hitachi is bundling Diligent de-duplication software onto three virtual tape appliances and targeting them at mid to large sized data centers.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW