The Sydney Opera House is looking to extend its existing blade server infrastructure with HP's new c3000 series systems which promise to bring enterprise blade technology to branch offices and SMBs.
FaceTime Communications, a maker of network security appliances, announced the USG (Unified Security Gateway), one of the first devices directed at the full gamut of UC (unified communications) services, this week.
NetApp has, as predicted, announced its new FAS 2020 and FAS 2050 storage arrays. They use serial-attached SCSI (SAS) drives, a first for NetApp, but only internally. Expansion shelves can only use Fibre Channel or Serial ATA (SATA) drives.
With virtualization on the minds of over 10,000 VMworld attendees this week, VMware decided to announce its new ESX Server 3i, aimed at attracting new users with its tiny 32 MB footprint, enhanced security and ease-of-use.
PlateSpin on Tuesday announced a new version of its data center planning and analysis software that adds support for chargeback of resources and enhanced manageability.
The Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China," used to filter objectionable content from reaching users via the Internet, is actually a "panopticon," or an area where everything is visible, and not a true firewall at all, according to univerity ...
Hewlett-Packard researchers have developed a medical patch that uses thermal inkjet technology found in printers to painlessly administer drugs to a patient.
Microsoft has started updating files on computers running Windows XP and Vista, even when users have explicitly disabled the operating systems' automatic update feature, researchers said today.
Operating system virtualization company SWsoft announced on Tuesday that it has acquired Ensim's software automation business.
Microsoft has released documents that detail changes it will make to its desktop search and indexing feature in Windows Vista as part of the Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) update.
A California man who served jail time for hacking hundreds of military and government computers nine years ago was charged Tuesday with new computer crimes: stealing tens of thousands of credit card accounts by breaking into bank and card processing ...
IBM has designed new semiconductor technology that will make it easier and cheaper to build cell phones, potentially extending the reach of mobile technology to the Third World.
IronPort Systems, a Cisco business unit, announced on Tuesday new data-loss prevention and encryption capabilities for its e-mail security appliances.
Almost lost in the clamor over Sun Microsystems's expanded partnership with Microsoft on Wednesday was a small acquisition that will bolster Sun's HPC storage offerings. Sun agreed to acquire a majority of the assets of Cluster File Systems.
VMware hopes to turn virtualization software into a mass-produced product that's as common in data centers as ketchup is on hamburgers, via a new "thin hypervisor" that major hardware vendors plan to bake into their servers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW