Former US cyber security tsar Andy Purdy this week warned that globalization, which is driving companies to pursue talent and lower costs around the world, has turned software development into a national security issue.
Tim Berners-Lee has been talking about the <i>next</i> World Wide Web almost since the first World Wide Web, which he's credited with inventing, took off. Indeed, Berners-Lee first articulated his vision for a next generation Web in 1998, when he cal...
Vendors are adding bells and whistles to their wireless LAN products at Interop this week as the industry awaits a new generation of gear that may replace wired LANs entirely.
Three wireless LAN vendors are unveiling at Interop Las Vegas this week enterprise access points that will offer 100Mbps to 200Mbps throughput, shared among the Wi-Fi clients that connect to it.
Apple, which made a <a href="http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/05/15itunes.html" target="_blank">big deal</a> earlier this month about offering Paul McCartney's 25-album catalog to its iTunes music store, was the odd man out Tuesday as most other ...
Microprocessor makers say they can meet demand for greater processing power and energy efficiency with research aired at an industry conference Tuesday in California.
In an unconventional request, some users of Linux and other open-source software are inviting Microsoft to sue them.
After <a href="http://secure.idg.com.au/images/cw/Key_Analyst_Report_Slams_OECD_Broadband_Rankings.pdf" target="_blank">slamming</a> the OECD's findings on global broadband rankings as inaccurate, and accusing the Labor party of misleading the Austra...
Even after being robbed of their life savings, the victims of Nigerian e-mail scams refuse to believe they have been duped by fraudsters.
In a continuing search for profits in the flash memory business, Intel and STMicroelectronics agreed on Tuesday to spin off some of their chip units to create a new semiconductor company.
Google Tuesday launched <a href="http://www.google.com/trends" target="_blank">Hot Trends</a>, a new feature on the <a href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/trends/about.html" target="_blank">Google Trends report</a> that lets users see a list of the c...
A software pirate who sold illegal copies of Symantec software on the online auction site eBay has agreed to pay a US$205,000 fine.
Tacitly acknowledging that it cannot completely secure its Office suite against attackers, Microsoft Monday promoted a last-ditch defence that lets administrators block users from opening documents.
IBM edged out Hewlett-Packard in first-quarter server revenue, as both companies relied on a rebound in sales of x86-based computers, according to a market report released Tuesday.
Google recently confused administrators of Google Apps Premier Edition with an e-mail that misstated the number of accounts they will be billed for.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT