MySpace will provide attorneys general offices in all U.S. states with information it has gathered on convicted sex offenders who have used its social networking site, the most popular of its kind.
Office 2007 users running Windows Vista may not have realized that their systems had not received several of this month's patches, Microsoft said last week when it acknowledged that its security update services had failed to deploy the fixes.
Yahoo is interested in purchasing Bebo to strengthen its disappointing social networking standing, the British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph has reported.
IBM Monday officially announced its Power6 chip, saying that the next-generation microprocessor for its Unix and Linux systems offers double the performance of the earlier Power5+ device while consuming roughly the same amount of electricity.
Technology is advancing so fast that consumers now live in a somewhat disturbing age where their underwear can track their movements and let others know what they are doing.
A Microsoft executive says the company had to drop some features slated for Windows Server Virtualization because it may have "shot too high" in designing the first version of the software, but the company is still convinced it will gain broad indust...
Symantec has announced the release of a new backup and recovery product that aims to equip small to medium businesses (SMBs) with the means to quickly and easily recover lost data.
Dell is planning to sell its first convertible tablet PC later this year.
A common e-crime reporting format to electronically report fraudulent activities will be fully operational by July, 2007.
Ivan Krstic, co-author of the bestselling The Official Ubuntu Book, delivered a scathing keynote at AusCERT 2007 today claiming the tech industry has failed to address securing IT and that far too much still rests in the hands of un-informed end-user...
Dell is moving forward with plans to begin selling PCs through solution providers, channel partners and retail partners, instead of sticking with the pure direct sales model championed by company founder, Michael Dell.
Although browsers are notoriously juicy targets for hackers, Apple's QuickTime is actually three times more likely to pose a threat than Internet Explorer 6 -- and six times more likely to be a threat than Firefox, Danish vulnerability tracker Secuni...
Microsoft last week laid out its road map for various versions of Longhorn over the next two years, including the elimination of 32-bit versions, and christened the new operating system Windows Server 2008.
Yet another month-long round of daily bugs cranks up June 1, a Ukrainian researcher announced Thursday. This time, the target will be search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.com.
Hustling to keep up with Intel's "Santa Rosa" notebook PC system, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) said Friday it planned to launch its own new bundle of mobile processors and chipsets, code-named "Puma."
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia