Microsoft later this month will release the first publicly available beta preview of its new hypervisor virtualization technology, company officials said Tuesday.
Cross-platform virtualisation is top of the list of projects that a new joint development lab operated by Microsoft and Novell will work on, executives said.
Sun Microsystems will start selling its lineup of 64-bit PC servers preinstalled with the Windows Server operating system from Microsoft within 90 days, the two companies said.
PGP Wednesday announced it is adding support for Adobe PDF attachments to its PGP Universal Gateway Email for encrypting e-mail and attachments.
Nintendo confirmed on Monday that the Wii Zapper will launch on November 19 and come bundled with Link's Crossbow Adventure for US$19.95.
On the same day that Advanced Micro Devices officially released its Barcelona server processor, the company said it would have a faster version of the quad-core Opteron device out by year's end.
Hollywood draws Nicole Kidman, Jack Nicholson or George Clooney to its premieres. Monday night, Silicon Valley brought out Hector Ruiz, Michael Dell and Steve Ballmer.
Aspyr Media will make its popular musical video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, available to PC and Mac gamers for the first time ever in the next month.
Telstra BigPond today switched on Australia's fastest consumer cable broadband, with the launch yesterday of a 30 Mbps plan.
The Australian Law Reform Commission (ALRC) yesterday released a blueprint with 301 proposals for overhauling Australia's complex and costly privacy laws and practices.
Australian Federal Court judge, James Allsop, this week ordered the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to go away and revise its case against The Trading Post and Google, claiming it didn't make sense.
The creator of the long running Whirlpool.net.au forum is being sued by 2Clix, a Queensland based business management and accounting software company, for damages relating to alleged "injurious falsehood" that occurred in several Whirlpool forums.
IBM Monday seized on last week's rejection by the ISO of the Microsoft and Ecma International Office Open XML format and said it would throw its development weight behind OpenOffice.org, the most prominent set of open source applications based on the...
As judgment day in the nine year-long antitrust battle between Microsoft and the European Commission draws near, neither side in the protracted dispute knows for sure how it will react to the news on the day.
Virtualized SANs aren't just for large data centers, claimed Hitachi Data Systems as it added a low-end model to its Universal Storage Platform (USP) series of dedicated storage controllers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT