Sure, the Internet is just one notch down from the air we breathe on the list of things we can't do without these days, but Stanford University researchers say the 'Net could be a whole lot better.
Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Dell is the first computer system supplier to ship 1 terabyte (1,000 gigabytes) hard drives targeted at users needing to store large amounts of digital media.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Taiwanese electronics maker Asustek Computer plans to release in the months ahead two smartphones based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows Mobile 6 software.
Taiwan's Raidon Technology has developed a small RAID (redundant array of independent, or inexpensive, disks) module that fits neatly into a 3.5-inch drive bay.
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Mozilla is changing the way it publishes security fixes for its Firefox browser.
They won't divulge their real names, they call their project a "whiny, attention-seeking ploy," and they appear to take their fashion cues from Beastie Boys music videos.
Internet auction fraud remains the most frequently reported online crime, but complaints over online purchases that are never delivered are on the rise, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Co...
The 2005 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Grokster v. MGM case is partly responsible for Viacom's dispute with Google ending up in court, an expert on copyright law said in a Sunday opinion piece in The New York Times newspaper.
Linux vendor Collax wants to use the Web interface it has built for managing small-business servers to manage applications from other vendors too.
The organizers of Cebit sought on Sunday to quash talk of an downturn in the fortunes of the world's largest IT fair, saying attendance was stronger this year than many observers had predicted before the show.
Forget speech-recognition software: How about typing a letter just by thinking it?
Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia