Some 20 local enterprises are already using the pre-release of Microsoft's next-generation server operating system, Windows Server 2008, which is slated for release early next year.
The virtual appliance model could be a major threat to operating systems from major vendors such as Microsoft, says a cofounder of VMWare.
Some people hate the boring cases that most PCs come in. And we mean hate. So they take matters into their own hands. Here are ten case mods that take the art form to a whole new level.
The Federal Court has dismissed Channel 9's case against IceTV, ruling on Thursday that the company does not infringe copyright against the broadcaster.
Researchers from the University of South Australia are aiding police in the fight against online crime by developing a set of forensic computing standards.
Lenovo today announced the company is in discussions with an independent third party to acquire Packard Bell.
The world's third largest PC vendor hopes to strengthen its position among European consumers by acquiring Packard Bell BV, a top executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft's newest OS, Vista, has been relegated to waterboy status at the 2008 Olympic Games, while wireless networking won't even play a supporting role in Beijing.
Search-engine providers have begun to compete with each other on privacy protections, but the U.S. still needs to adopt a national privacy law, says a report from the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT).
Instead of delivering on its data center power-efficiency work, the Green Grid has announced nine more studies and has committed to delivering them by the end of the year. The job of producing usable power-efficiency metrics is proving difficult.
The International Finance Corp., the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, has approved a US$32.5 million investment in the East Africa Submarine cable system (EASSY) project, designed to connect 21 African countries to each other and the rest ...
Microsoft Tuesday released the two Windows Vista updates that had leaked to the Internet at the end of July, but won't say when it will begin pushing them to users via Windows Update.
Readers of Google's <a href="http://googlecustomsearch.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Custom Search Blog</a> were handed a bit of a surprise Tuesday when the Web site was temporarily removed from the blogosphere and hijacked by someone unaffiliated w...
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Joining the trend of providing security technology as a service, Proofpoint on Tuesday announced a hosted version of its messaging-security offering.
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC