New research shows that technology professionals this year earned about 5 percent more in wages during the third quarter than they did during the same period in 2006.
IBM bolstered its line of storage products and services by acquiring NovusCG, a provider of consulting as well as software for storage analysis and reporting.
In the six months since Microsoft announced Unlimited Potential, a company-wide plan to help bring technology skills and resources to developing countries to foster social and economic growth, it has been building programs and testing products around...
SourceForge has forged a name for itself as the one-stop shop for downloading open source software. Now it looks like it is heading to mega market status, adding services to its suite, with the recent Beta launch of Source.Forge.net Marketplace.
Microsoft updated a security advisory that addressed a broad flaw in Windows and said it is working around the clock to fix the bug. But it may be too late for many. Security researchers said hackers had amped up attacks using malicious PDF files tha...
One nanotechnology researcher said supercomputers small enough to fit into the palm of your hand are only 10 or 15 years away.
For the second time in eight days, new critical vulnerabilities that could be used to hijack machines have been fingered in the RealPlayer media player. The patched editions released last week for Windows, however, are not vulnerable to the half-doze...
Even pouring rain and gusty winds didn't stop the Mac faithful from turning out for the release of Apple's Mac OS X "Leopard" at the Apple Store in New York's SoHo neighborhood.
Reports that security researchers are running scared from hackers responsible for the Storm Trojan are overblown, say some of the people who have dug into the complex malware.
Trend Micro has announced an agreement to acquire privately held start-up Provilla for its LeakProof data-leak prevention product. The acquisition price was not disclosed.
Joe Grand has never really thought of himself as an artist, but over the weekend he had his first gallery opening.
Globalization is posing major risks that enterprises simply aren't prepared to handle. More than 60 percent of enterprises with at least US$5 billion in revenue suffered from a major risk event in the past three years, and a large number were not pre...
Sun has filed a countersuit against rival Network Appliance over patent infringement allegations regarding network storage management software.
The Web 2.0-social networking phenomenon's seemingly irresistible force field has ensnared yet another niche: travel.
With the launching a new vector supercomputer, NEC executives said they are racing after industry leaders IBM and Cray to recapture a piece of their faded supercomputer glory.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW