In an unconventional request, some users of Linux and other open-source software are inviting Microsoft to sue them.
After <a href="http://secure.idg.com.au/images/cw/Key_Analyst_Report_Slams_OECD_Broadband_Rankings.pdf" target="_blank">slamming</a> the OECD's findings on global broadband rankings as inaccurate, and accusing the Labor party of misleading the Austra...
Even after being robbed of their life savings, the victims of Nigerian e-mail scams refuse to believe they have been duped by fraudsters.
In a continuing search for profits in the flash memory business, Intel and STMicroelectronics agreed on Tuesday to spin off some of their chip units to create a new semiconductor company.
Google Tuesday launched <a href="http://www.google.com/trends" target="_blank">Hot Trends</a>, a new feature on the <a href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/trends/about.html" target="_blank">Google Trends report</a> that lets users see a list of the c...
A software pirate who sold illegal copies of Symantec software on the online auction site eBay has agreed to pay a US$205,000 fine.
Tacitly acknowledging that it cannot completely secure its Office suite against attackers, Microsoft Monday promoted a last-ditch defence that lets administrators block users from opening documents.
IBM edged out Hewlett-Packard in first-quarter server revenue, as both companies relied on a rebound in sales of x86-based computers, according to a market report released Tuesday.
Google recently confused administrators of Google Apps Premier Edition with an e-mail that misstated the number of accounts they will be billed for.
"Google, schmoogle," declared Philip Argy, president of the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Ruckus Wireless, a developer of fast home Wi-Fi access points for telcos, has shifted its attention to small businesses and launched a cheap, simple-to-use wireless LAN that aims to undercut the likes of Trapeze and Aruba.
3Com is introducing unified threat management gear for small and midsize enterprises at the Interop show this week. The gear is aimed at customers who want 3Com's TippingPoint security technology, but at a lower scale and price point than has been pr...
At Interop, the high tech industry's major networking conference, a little-noticed partnership announcement between WhereNet, designers of active RFID location systems, and Cisco may be far more significant than anyone realizes.
Citrix is announcing software at Interop Las Vegas this week designed to speed up traffic between individual computers and corporate sites using its WAN acceleration appliances on only one end of the connection.
Dell is expected to begin selling three models of its long-awaited laptop and desktop computers loaded with Ubuntu Linux on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW