Although the reach is still limited, DSL roll outs are happening in all states, the price is dropping for regional customers and wireless is on the rise.
Sun Microsystems is releasing its digital rights management (DRM) project under an open-source license, in hopes of driving a unified standard in the technology used to project digital media such as music and movies.
Telstra plans to launch a host of new high-speed services for mobile phone users, including new video features, as part of its official 3G opening on September 5.
The long-awaited HomePlug AV specification for superfast networking through conventional electrical wiring in homes and small offices has been ratified, paving the way for products as early as next March.
Sony looked to jellybean candy for inspiration in designing its latest Network Walkman digital music players.
Oxfam International will give Coldplay fans at a Mountain View, California, concert on Friday a chance to use text messaging to sign a petition advocating changes in trade laws.
Apple Computer replaced the managing director of its China unit and made other changes aimed at increasing growth in the country, a spokesman said Friday.
Microsoft is offering an upgraded version of its ILMerge utility, which merges multiple .Net assemblies into a single assembly.
Apple has re-released a mammoth security patch after the original update broke 64-bit applications.
Whether the content streams are eventually called RSS ,Web feeds or some other name, a key design goal of the forthcoming Internet Explorer 7 is to let users easily subscribe to blogs and websites via Really Simple Syndication (RSS).
Frontier Solutions and Strategies is looking to recruit resellers to stock its new line of noise reduction headphones.
Sun Microsystems has created a new office to coordinate its open-source projects and appointed long-time technology evangelist Simon Phipps to oversee the effort.
A security hole in a popular development tool has severe implications for a number of the Internet's most popular applications, including Gmail, Flikr and MSN Virtual Earth.
Blu-ray Disc, one of two formats being promoted as a replacement for today's DVDs, picked up support this week from Lions Gate Home Entertainment and Universal Music Group.
Australia's Defence Force's new fleet of Wedgetail early warning aircraft will have more than an eagle eye when fitted with a CSIRO-developed, battlespace analytics program.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
- EMC sells Syncplicity to focus on core storage business
- OwnCloud's new encryption framework gives enterprises more flexibility
- Former attorney general calls Snowden deal possible
- BBC unveils final version of micro:bit coding device for kids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW