Celltrust developed its SecureSMS application so banks could deliver secure text messages to their customers' mobile phones -- but the company's chief technology officer wonders whether French president Nicolas Sarkozy might like a copy of the softwa...
Competitors should keep a weary eye on newly minted Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst, whose fresh face masks a certified executioner who has a plan to grow the open source leader into a billion-dollar juggernaut supplying data center infrastructure softwar...
The Web site for Indian antivirus vendor AvSoft Technologies has been hacked and is being used to install malicious software on visitors' computers, security researchers said Thursday.
It's hard not to let out a low whistle when you scan <a href="http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2007/02/12/list-of-white-label-social-networking-platforms/">this post</a> at Jeremiah Owyang's blog.
Only 16 percent of British small business managers think that the Internet has increased their operational efficiency, while nearly half think that it has made running their businesses more complex. That's according to a study carried out by the Cran...
The Web site of one of the UK's most famous landmarks, the Forth Road Bridge, has been torn open in embarrassing fashion to serve malware, researchers are reporting.
Conventional storage systems work well for local file sharing, but no system I can think of can help you share files outside your organization, unless you commit to cobbling together an in-house solution.
People Telecom has signed a new $200 million supply agreement with Telstra Wholesale to support continuing growth in national fixed wire and broadband services.
Samsung Electronics will present the latest model in its popular Ultra edition range of mobile phones at the Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona this week.
Security researchers have tested the first prototypes of a secure authentication system that could one day replace PIN entry at cash points.
Confirming weekend rumors, Yahoo rejected on Monday Microsoft's US$44.6 billion cash-and-stock offer, saying the unsolicited proposal substantially undervalues the company.
Check Point is combining two of its separate desktop clients and adding antivirus software into a single security client that can help simplify the distribution and management of endpoints.
Microsoft has bought Caligari, a developer of 3D modeling software, in a move that could help enrich the graphics experience in Microsoft's Virtual Earth mapping system.
Two civil liberties groups last week filed a lawsuit in a federal court in California in response to complaints from travelers of excessive screenings at border-entry points, including inspections of the data on laptops, cell phones and other electro...
Nokia last week invited some phone users to start playing with its delayed new N-Gage gaming service and rebranded its video- and photo-sharing service.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW