Nokia is offering to replace 46 million batteries made by another company for use in its mobile phones because of a risk of overheating, Nokia said on Tuesday.
Now that it has scored a major win for Linux in its legal battle with The SCO Group, Novell has no interest in becoming like the company it's just defeated and won't mount any copyright-infringement claims over Unix, a spokesman said Tuesday.
Storm, the Trojan that Hoovers PCs into hacker-controlled botnets, roared back into life last month in several waves, security researchers said Monday, and has blown by 2005's Sober to become the most prolific e-mail-borne malware ever.
For the first time, Yahoo has replaced Google as the number one portal of choice, according to a customer satisfaction survey released Tuesday.
Google has launched a program called Google Local Business Referrals to get up-to-date information about businesses across the country.
Microsoft on Tuesday released the second beta of the first service pack for Exchange Server 2007, plugging two holes in the process that prevented users from integrating with Vista and 2008.
In the biggest one-day security update since February, Microsoft Tuesday issued nine bulletins that patched 14 vulnerabilities in Office, Internet Explorer (IE), and every edition of Windows. Eight of the fixes were pegged as critical, the company's ...
CodeGear Monday unveiled a set of plug-ins for open-source Eclipse development tools that the company said can be used to ease application performance, visual development and team collaboration challenges faced by Java developers.
Users of the Facebook social-networking site are too gullible in giving up personal information, which could make them the targets of identity theft, according to Sophos research.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the latest major music label to offer music downloads without copy protection.
The mobile phones that once flowed from bankrupt German handset manufacturer BenQ Mobile GmbH & Co. OHG are being replaced by lawsuits.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is announcing plans to extend its CPU instruction set to make it easier for software developers to exploit the power of multi-core processors when building applications.
Toshiba has recalled more defective laptop batteries, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said last week, the latest move in a long-running problem with lithium-ion batteries made by Sony.
When it comes to privacy, bank customers in Australia are left to choose between garbage, trash or junk.
The DirectX software development kit Microsoft issued in 2002 contains a critical vulnerability, a Polish researcher claimed as he released attack code that can hijack Windows PCs by tempting Internet Explorer users to malicious sites.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW