A company called Dashwire this week unveiled free new software that essentially mirrors your mobile phone on the Web, backing up all your data -- contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos and phone settings -- and letting you access everything o...
On the same day it tried to refute reports that enterprise customers' PCs were being force-fed the Windows XP desktop search tool, Microsoft did a turnabout and admitted it had messed up.
Despite underwhelming consumers and being snubbed by enterprises, Windows Vista's numbers keep growing, with Microsoft saying that it has now shipped 88 million copies of the operating system, almost double the number of copies of XP in the same amou...
Acer has passed Lenovo Group as the world's third largest PC vendor with its purchase of Gateway, and now it's gunning for giant Dell.
Google has launched a new IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) service for Gmail that will allow users to sync Gmail with their e-mail clients.
Embattled SCO Group is offering the bankruptcy court a deal it could be hard to refuse. The company has received an offer of US$36 million from JGD Management for its business and intellectual property. JGD Management, a current debtor of SCO, is an ...
Four people have been sentenced to jail time and tens of millions of dollars in fines for buying discounted Microsoft software and then illegally reselling it at a profit.
Leading search companies Google and Yahoo didn't appear to have a presence at the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment conference in San Francisco this week, but their startup competitors and smaller rival AOL were all angling for influence over mobile...
Imagine a passenger in your car that is never wrong with directions, keeps you in good spirits and will check your e-mail while you're driving. That vision of the future is being presented by Nissan Motor at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, which opens to ...
Worldwide lawsuits against Intel and four straight quarterly losses have distracted AMD during its integration of ATI Technologies, but the merger remains on track, according to industry analysts.
SanDisk is suing 25 companies, including South Korean giant LG Electronics for allegedly infringing patents used in removable flash storage products including MP3 players and USB flash drives.
China will put its homegrown 3G (third-generation) mobile technology to use during the 2008 Olympic Games, the country's state-owned broadcaster said in a news report.
Opera Software ASA has released a beta of its upcoming desktop browser, code-named Kestrel, which can synchronize bookmarks between a PC and a mobile device.
The Austrian Police has become the latest European agency to express its intention to use specially-crafted Trojans to remotely monitor criminal suspects.
The Web 2.0 phenomenon - wikis, RSS feeds, social-networking platforms and mash-ups - soon will become a common mode of operation for enterprise IT, experts at the Interop New York 2007 conference said here this week.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT