Could it be true? A representative of chipmaker Alereon told me recently that products using the long-awaited, much-delayed, oft-embattled Wireless USB standard will be released next month. And I may be a sucker, but I believe him.
The desktop unit that is part of Hewlett-Packard's PC blade system is about the size of a thick hardcover book, and it might be mistaken for a modernist vase if not for the various ports for connecting thumb drives and other USB devices. The device i...
YouTube is again being used to distribute malware, this time a variant of the nuisance Zlob adware.
An operational error during routine system testing of United Air Lines's computer system was the preliminary root cause of a computer failure that forced the airline to cancel and delay U.S. flights yesterday, a United spokeswoman said. The failure w...
Despite an upsurge in open-source and hosted competitors, IBM's Lotus Notes corporate e-mail client software and Domino e-mail server is expected to maintain its second banana status behind Microsoft Outlook and Exchange through at least 2011.
IBM unveiled a website and IT security software application Thursday as part of its effort to compete with HP and Sun Microsystems for customers in the fast-growing small and medium business sector.
Hackers have begun circulating a PHP exploit embedding it in a seemingly harmless GIF image, according to security researchers.
Palo Alto Networks is a start-up with a big goal: replacing traditional network-layer perimeter firewalls altogether.
The U.S. Department of Defense took an estimated 1,500 computers offline Wednesday after a security breach within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
HP on Tuesday announced a new appliance, software and services to protect data on HP servers and storage for regulatory compliance.
Yahoo Thursday said it has signed a deal to acquire <a href="http://www.rivals.com" target="_blank">Rivals.com</a>, an online site for college and high school sports and recruiting information. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The beta build of Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" that Apple handed out to developers June 11 at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) has leaked to the Internet and is being downloaded by users of PirateBay, the Swedish torrent tracker.
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
The telecommunications and Internet industries are entering their second phase of growth and reinvention, brought about by collaboration and Web 2.0 technologies, Cisco CEO John Chambers proclaimed at the NXTcomm conference in Chicago this week.
Today, the 'Father of PlayStation' officially stepped down from his position as Chairman, Group CEO and Representative Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. His retirement comes at a troubled time for SCEI, which has suffered losses due to Pla...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW