Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched a new model of its Geode processor and added eight more chips to its longevity program, pledging to keep them in production for at least five years to support long-lived products like 3G telephony base stations.
The Trojan horse that pumped up spam volumes in January is at it again, researchers said today, and is now spreading over instant messaging and engaging in attacks on rival malware.
The rabidly popular MySpace social network on Monday launched a pilot program to prevent its users from uploading unauthorized copyrighted video material to the site.
Advances in multimedia capabilities of mobile phones have yielded a $17 billion market with huge opportunities for marketing and sales, but still there are too many service-imposed barriers that are retarding the uptake of mobile music videos and aud...
Telstra and mobile equipment maker Ericsson have claimed a world-first 200km cell phone range in the carrier's Next G HSDPA network.
In the same week that the Internet's root servers came under sustained attack, Verisign has announced an overhaul of the critical infrastructure on which some of these servers run.
Yahoo has reached a deal with LG Electronics that should see its "Go" mobile platform on the screens of tens of millions of LG cell phone handsets shipped later this year, the two companies said Monday.
China and Russia are the two worst foreign infringers of U.S. software and music copyrights and they should remain on the U.S. government's priority watch list, a group representing the software, music, books and movie industries said Monday.
Active daters are more likely to communicate with their counterpart via text messaging than married couples or those in committed relationships are, a survey conducted by International Communications Research said Monday.
Hewlett-Packard announced Monday a dual-mode smart phone targeted at mobile professionals that allows voice calls and data connections both in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Windows Vista's powerful new graphics engine may be one of its hallmark features, but it's engendering complaints from a key segment of potential early adopters: hardcore gamers.
Microsoft said it has boosted the security mechanisms built into its newest mobile phone operating system, responding to the needs of business customers who will use the phones to access sensitive corporate data.
Microsoft and British Telecommunications Monday launched a competition to encourage developers to create "network mashups" that merge telecommunications features like voice and text messaging with Web 2.0 applications like mapping and search. A "mash...
Microsoft Monday unveiled a digital rights management platform designed to protect a wide range of mobile content.
Omnifone wants to put a new face on mobile phone music downloads with its MusicStation service.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD