Google has explained the choices it offers developers, at a public demonstration of the Android software development kit in London.
Advertising and click-through fraud is currently topping the list of malicious activity funnelled through open proxy servers, followed by junk email, according to a research project deploying fake open proxies to catch crooks.
SanDisk has announced Vaulter, an 8GB to 6GB capacity flash memory solid state disk (SSD) from which to boot a PC's operating system. It is in PCI Express mini-card format and works in parallel with a PC's hard drive.
BitMicro has announced a flash memory-based solid state drive (SSD) with capacities ranging from 16GB to 1.6TB.
Swedish police Monday raided the office of the security consultant Dan Egerstad, who in August published 100 passwords for embassies and governments worldwide.
Web 2.0 technologies may be laying the groundwork for a new generation of hacker tools, a noted security researcher said.
It will be one year that Windows Vista has been available to businesses on November 30, yet many companies still are waiting until the release of Vista's first service pack to upgrade. But with Microsoft planning to release the next version of Window...
Mozilla will fix just 20% of the bugs now in Firefox 3.0 before the final version is released next year, the open-source developer's Web site revealed.
Wish you were working a little less and working out a whole lot more?
Dell plans to release a reference architecture in the future that will pave the way for enterprises to reduce power consumption and go green in the future, Dell CEO Michael Dell said in a keynote at the Oracle OpenWorld 2007 conference in the US this...
Microsoft's biggest worry over Windows Vista shouldn't be rival operating systems from Apple or Red Hat, but remains competition from its own Windows XP, an analyst said this week.
Perth-based iiNet launched its naked DSL broadband service today, making it the first Australian ISP to offer the service nationally through its ADSL2+ network, according to the company.
When Jeneane Sessum logged into her Gmail account on the afternoon of October 27, she was greeted with a horrifying sight: an empty inbox.
Will you marry me (in Second Life)? A Gartner analyst is predicting that 2% of U.S. citizens will get married in virtual worlds by 2015 to people they have never met, and may never meet even after they are married. These online virtual marriages will...
Think your database server is safe? You may want to double-check. According to security researcher David Litchfield, there are nearly half a million database servers exposed on the Internet, without firewall protection.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW