Spurred by low-priced computers, global shipments of PCs increased more than 17 per cent in the third quarter, according to analyst companies, IDC and Gartner, which have independently released figures from that period.
Accessories distributor, Powermove, has signed on as the first wholesaler for US iPod accessories vendor, Xtreme Mac.
Samsung Electronics held talks with Apple Computer earlier this year about a possible joint-investment in flash memory chip production but the talks failed to go anywhere, a spokeswoman for Samsung said on Monday.
Motorola and PalmSource are among the companies that lined up behind a new initiative Monday that aims to promote the use of the Linux operating system on cell phones. The Mobile Linux Initiative was launched by Open Source Development Labs (OSDL) to...
Intel has begun sampling the first ever processor with more than one billion transistors on a single die, representing an important benchmark in chip technology.
The easy availability online of detailed maps of countries from services such as Google Earth can be misused by terrorists, according to Indian President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
Using a self-propagating worm that exploits a scripting vulnerability common to most dynamic Web sites, a Los Angeles teenager made himself the most popular member of community Web site MySpace.com earlier this month. While the attack caused little d...
The digital world needs to be more accessible and there are many incentives to make this happen, according to La Trobe University associate professor Liddy Nevile, convener of the OzeWAI 2005 conference to be held in December.
Netgear and engin have announced a co-branding partnership which will see their products bundled and sold through Harvey Norman and the channel.
Microsoft will release an update to Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 that will enhance the way consumers access digital media in their homes, a Microsoft spokesman said last week.
HP has recalled around 135,000 lithium ion rechargeable battery packs worldwide after several melted or charred the plastic cases of laptops.
A judge in San Jose, California, heard arguments in Google's suit against Microsoft, but did not make a final decision as to whether a tentative ruling made the previous day in the case would stick, according to lawyers from both companies.
Microsoft needs students interested in computer science to program the IT innovations of tomorrow, including Tablet PCs that users can write on with a pen and wireless camera phones that interpret foreign street signs, Bill Gates said Friday.
Yahoo is the latest in a series of companies looking to purchase a stake in American Online (AOL), The Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition on Friday.
A Sydney-based man involved in the sale and marketing or mobile ring tones and Internet kiosks has been banned by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) after racking up $2.4 million in debt.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opponents focus on defeating CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- Using Watson, IBM and CVS aim to predict when your health is about to decline
- DataTorrent tackles complexity of Hadoop data ingestion
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 30
- Armed with Watson smarts, Pepper aspires to be a robot salesman
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC