Citrix Systems has announced it has completed the acquisition of XenSource, a privately held enterprise virtualization software vendor.
Are you geek enough for Linux? Though it first earned a reputation as a platform for hobbyists and hackers, Linux has come a long way since Linus Torvalds cobbled together the first kernel as a student project. A modern Linux desktop is a sophisticat...
Hewlett-Packard and Taiwanese WiMax service provider Global Mobile showed off a mobile WiMax station for use in hospitals, complete with a laptop PC, monitor and other gear.
IBM and Taiwanese chip designer, MediaTek, announced a three-year pact to develop wireless chipsets for a new technology to transmit large volumes of information, such as full-length high definition (HD) movies, between DVD players, HD-TVs, hand-held...
SonicWall is expected to introduce at this week's Interop New York conference a new family of fast, multifunction gateways designed to simplify deployment and management of security for large businesses.
Changes Microsoft will make to its business practices to comply with the 2004 European Commission antitrust ruling will "profoundly affect the software industry," European competition commissioner Neelie Kroes said this week.
3Com this week is expected to unveil switches for small and medium businesses designed to bring enterprise-class capabilities, such as Gigabit Ethernet, to that market.
The success of SOA within any organization depends on the appropriate management, according to industry watchers who say SOA will change the traditional management paradigm and require vendors and IT managers to update their approaches. For instance,...
Microsoft plans to integrate F#, a functional programming language developed by the Microsoft Research group, into its Visual Studio application development platform, said S. "Soma" Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Developer Divis...
Enterprise IT companies were conspicuously absent from the list of the 10 largest venture capital deals struck during the third quarter, as the growing market for alternative energy and other "clean tech" companies piqued investors' attention.
Network management vendor Opnet announced this week it has acquired Network Physics for US$10 million in a deal that will give Opnet the tools it needs to manage end-to-end application performance.
Juniper Networks' WAN acceleration gear will soon support optimizing SSL traffic, making better use of corporate bandwidth by reducing the amount of bits it takes to transmit SSL traffic across wide-area links.
A trio of British judges has agreed that hacker Gary McKinnon can appeal his extradition order to the U.S. to the House of Lords.
Network monitoring developer Corvil has claimed that its latest devices not only measure network latency and work out where in your network it's coming from, but they then advise on how to reconfigure your switches and routers for best application pe...
Apple has reported strong earnings for its fourth quarter, boosted by record Macintosh computer sales and the shipment of 1.12 million iPhones.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW