Instant messaging security vendor FaceTime Communications confirmed Wednesday that programming errors caused customer contact information to be exposed on its Web site.
Microsoft Tuesday released the two Windows Vista updates that had leaked to the Internet at the end of July, but it won't say when it will begin pushing them to users via Windows Update.
Motorola is betting big on Linux for its mobile phones, planning to install the OS on 60 percent of its handsets within two years.
A study released this month by the U.S. National School Boards Association debunks the common assumption that MySpace and other social networking sites are breeding grounds for sexual predators seeking to harm students.
The U.S. National Science Board has authorized funding for two of the world's most powerful supercomputers, one of them capable of petaflop-speed operations.
Dell hopes to push the open source Linux operating system into the corporate desktop environment using virtualization so alternative Linux operating systems can more easily be run alongside Windows systems from Microsoft.
Part of networking giant Cisco Systems' Web site was knocked offline Wednesday, due to undisclosed "facility issues," the company said.
Whether it's to hold a table at a favorite restaurant, book a dream vacation or rent a car, making reservations usually pays off. But for storage and IT administrators feeling the squeeze of shrinking data center floor space and power constraints, th...
Security vendor Aladdin Knowledge Systems has added an element to its eSafe secure web gateway that it claims can block the operation of 'anonymous' proxies.
Qualcomm can't enforce two patents involved in the H.264 video compression standard because it hid them from the standards body that developed H.264, a federal judge has ruled.
Lenovo Group's fiscal first-quarter profit jumped more than tenfold on higher PC shipments as the company's ongoing efforts to cut costs and operate more efficiently yielded results.
Microsoft has described its Mediaroom IPTV offering as a way for the software giant to expand its reach into the living room but now the company also says IPTV is a chance for it to gain a new market in telecommunications operators.
A way to ensure better quality control on Wikipedia entries by color coding edits to red flag potentially dubious content will be tested on some smaller sites in the Wikia community to determine its effectiveness, the co-founder of Wikipedia said Sun...
Red Hat and Linux continued its move up and down the enterprise operating stack with the announcement this week by Dell that it would offer its customers the Red Hat middleware stack on Dell PowerEdge servers.
The Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd. (ELCOT) is deploying Suse Linux Enterprise across 30,000 desktops and 1,880 servers in schools in southern India.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA