Nokia has unveiled a new high-end mobile phone with a 5 megapixel camera and a built-in GPS navigation system.
VeriSign plans to refocus its business on its two core activities, managing DNS infrastructure and selling SSL security certificates for Web sites.
Jango this week announced the public release of its online radio service that lets users create and share personalized radio stations.
Merrill Lynch has selected IPC Systems to provide advanced voice over IP (VOIP) trading systems in a global deal.
Nokia had a setback in the pursuit in its battle with Qualcomm, with the dismissal of a case the handset giant filed in the Netherlands.
The US House of Representatives has passed a bill designed to streamline VOIP providers' connections to emergency dialing 911 networks.
Microsoft announced the availability of Customer Care Framework (CCF) 2008 today, replacing the 2005 Framework edition.
Two consumer advocacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate whether new advertising initiatives announced last week by social networking sites MySpace and Facebook adequately protect consumer privacy.
Sun Microsystems CEO, Jonathan Schwartz, unveiled the company's virtualisation product line, xVM, at Oracle's OpenWorld conference in San Francisco on Wednesday.
Much has been made of the stereotypical characteristics of the generations that followed the Baby Boomer era. The same can be said of the latest generation, but Gartner Inc. warns marketers to define them by their online actions rather than their bir...
While Apple is tight-lipped about the introduction of new Mac systems with Intel's latest Penryn processors, analysts said the company's Unix-based Xserve servers could be the first to include the power-efficient Penryn chips.
Bill Gates, regarded as one of the world's brightest and richest, made a mistake.
Yahoo Tuesday settled a lawsuit brought against it on behalf of imprisoned Chinese journalist Shi Tao, and pro-democracy writer Wang Xiaoning, according to court documents. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Apple's new Leopard operating system took a sizable bite of the Japanese retail operating system market during October and accounted for over half of all sales of packaged operating system software despite being on sale for only the last six days of ...
Microsoft is about to release a major update to its Windows Live OneCare security suite, according to online retailers, who have already begun taking orders for the software.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC