How many times have you had a song stuck in your head but couldn't figure out what it was -- or why it got suck there in the first place?
Japan's Turbolinux will begin selling its Wizpy Linux-based multimedia player in February. As a bonus, the device can also be used to boot a PC into the Linux OS, allowing users to access their files in their own working environment on almost any PC.
If your reaction to all of this week's hype swirling around the launch of Windows Vista is less "Wow!" and more "Whoa! Enough already!" then 2007 could be a long year.
Microsoft drew the largest number of Web site visitors worldwide in December, a recurring accomplishment that makes the company's disappointing online ad business all the more disconcerting.
Microsoft has released the final version of its new IM (instant message) client optimized for Windows Vista.
As customers line up to buy new PCs capable of running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, vendors like Dell and Hewlett-Packard (HP) are preparing to process a surge of discarded, outmoded computers.
Sony's core electronics business more than doubled profits in the last quarter of 2006, but failed to offset price cuts to its PlayStation 3 game console, leading to an overall profit decline of just over 5 per cent.
An Internet-based provider of sexually explicit entertainment has agreed to pay a US$465,000 civil penalty for sending unwanted e-mail, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced Tuesday.
Telecom New Zealand announced today it had reached an agreement to acquire 100 percent of ASX-listed voice and data carrier PowerTel.
Trend Micro introduced an updated version of its client-server messaging security software package for small-to-midsize business, adding antispyware protection for the desktop.
European businesses are being urged to fight against the imposition of a Microsoft-led standard that, it is claimed, will cripple competition and lead to increased costs for business.
The annual Demo 2007 conference in Palm Desert, California, this week will lay bare for an audience of venture capitalists the results of thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on the part of hardware and software engineers.
Seagate Technology and Motorola have invested in the portable storage market, hoping to meet a rising need by users of cell phones and smartphones to carry gigabytes of digital photos and music in their pockets.
Devicescape Software says it has a solution for the problem of using Wi-Fi hot spots with devices that don't have browsers.
The annual IBM Internet Security Systems security trends report published Tuesday shows 7,427 software bugs were cataloged last year, an increase of 39.5 percent over the number of vulnerabilities identified in 2005.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW