Adobe has released an update that fixes vulnerabilities in its widely used Reader document viewing program.
Who's afraid of IPv4 address depletion? Not IT professionals, according to a new survey due this week by BT INS, a Californian consulting firm.
NEC has thrown its hat into the femtocell ring, with an indoor base station, and has proposed a femto technology standard to the Femto Forum.
One of Denmark's largest ISPs is considering fighting a court order to shut off its subscribers' access to The Pirate Bay, the embattled file-sharing search engine.
Time Warner plans to split up the Internet access and audience businesses of its AOL segment to run them each independently, Time Warner CEO and President Jeff Bewkes revealed Wednesday.
The fourth quarter of 2007 mirrored the entire year when it came to worldwide PC shipments.
Given that many companies already have Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) may be a cheaper alternative to some more expensive radio frequency identification (RFID) technology applications, according to one analyst.
HP ProCurve this week unveiled the successor to its 2600 line of edge switches.
There is strength in numbers, according to the leaders of three HP user groups, who this week announced they will seek approval to join forces and pool resources to better serve more than 50,000 members worldwide.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Monday future growth for the company hinges on continued investment that matches the company's multi-billion dollar revenue and operating income, and that the company will be very active in pumping money into eight co...
Even after being on the market for less than half a year, more iPhones sold in the fourth quarter than Windows Mobile phones in the US, according to research from Canalys.
AOL said Tuesday that it has purchased Buy.at, an online affiliate marketing network, as part of its strategy to boost its online advertising business. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
One year after launching a controversial Macintosh hacking contest, the promoters of the CanSecWest security research conference are thinking about giving hackers another shot at cracking the Mac. Only this time, they're looking to broaden the field.
When it comes to security, human threats score much higher than those posed by technology. So says a new survey by consulting firm Deloitte of more than 100 technology, media and telecommunications companies worldwide.
A former Xerox customer service agent on Tuesday pleaded guilty to mail fraud for stealing and selling cartridges stolen from his former employer online.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- ZTE's Quartz smartwatch: A good idea hindered by its OS
- Read all about IT: CEOs see IT as more important than ever
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD