A consumer advocacy group is blasting RealNetworks for installing adware and other software without properly notifying its users.
Anonymity systems designed to allow users to carry out actions on the Internet without identifying themselves can often be cracked with a bit of unorthodox thinking, according to a Cambridge researcher.
Videoconferencing device maker Tandberg in New York announced Friday that its products will interoperate with the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, bringing users greater flexibility in setting up sessions.
Google has made its first official comments on Microsoft's proposed acquisition of Yahoo saying that the deal raises "troubling questions" and that the underlying principles of the Internet stand to be tested by the proposed deal.
Internode has begun connecting customers to its high speed national network, becoming the first Australian broadband company to deliver a regional, wireless broadband service using WiMax.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) today announced three initiatives to promote increased consultation, transparency and accountability in its radiofrequency spectrum planning and management.
A groundbreaking study ranking governments worldwide on their use of communications technology and infrastructure is being used as proof that there is still a lot of work to do before even well connected countries realize the full economic benefits o...
A startup says it can give subway riders wireless Internet access that's faster than most home broadband in the US.
A Tuesday deadline has been set in which several leading open-source PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) projects plan to stop supporting older versions of PHP in upcoming releases.
The US seems to be moving closer to a goal of using mobile handsets to accomplish financial transactions and make purchases as several competing market players align on both technology and objectives, according to research company In-Stat. Although 2...
Romance is out and sex is in, according to security experts who said the Mega-Dik botnet has ousted the infamous Storm as the most prolific sender of spam.
In what may be the country's first comprehensive survey of the open source industry, the Australian Open Source Industry Census has revealed IT professionals working with free software earn more than the national average.
While dealing logistically and technically with their overlapping online offerings will certainly prove troublesome if its bid to purchase Yahoo succeeds, Microsoft will at least have an immediate outlet for bringing more of its traditional desktop p...
A Japanese company has taken a leaf from bank ATM security by launching a portable hard drive that comes with its own built-in PIN keypad.
Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific introduces breakthrough 3.5G-enabled mobile companion - Lifebook U1010.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA