A company server that some workers at Novell apparently used for gaming purposes was hacked into and then used to scan for vulnerable ports on potentially millions of computers worldwide, according to an Internet security consultant.
If you want to lead geeks, you're going to have to get to know them, says self-professed geek and author Paul Glen.
Microsoft and Intel have decided to back HD-DVD, the next-generation DVD format being developed by the DVD Forum, the companies said in a joint statement.
Toshiba plans to show its first notebook computer with a built-in HD-DVD drive at the Ceatec Japan 2005 exhibition next month, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.
It may seem an arcane concept to many organizations, but understanding, managing and fostering the emotions of your staff can lead to outcomes ranging from greater employee satisfaction to reduced absenteeism.
Samsung Electronics unveiled on Tuesday a portable media player that can be used to watch DMB (Digital Multimedia Broadcast) satellite television broadcasts.
SanDisk took a step it hopes will transform the mobile media business, unveiling a storage technology called TrustedFlash that integrates digital rights management (DRM) into a flash memory card.
Bowing to market realities, Microsoft said it will begin working with an ideological foe, open-source development and services company JBoss, on optimizing interoperability between JBoss' middleware and Microsoft's Windows Server software.
Looking to seize the mantle of SOA leadership, BEA Chairman and CEO Alfred Chuang at the BEAWorld conference on Tuesday declared BEA to be the world's leader in enabling SOAs.
The music industry, shaken by decreasing CD sales, is turning to a high-tech, legal approach to the old "bootleg" concept of concert recordings.
IBM is adding faster hot-swappable hard drives and redundant power supplies to its low-end server products for small and medium businesses.
Sun Microsystems plans to release a new version of StarOffice that includes new features to address the software's compatibility with Microsoft Office, one of the chief areas of complaint among users of Sun's office productivity suite.
Internet service providers could lift their game when it comes to clamping down on malicious code such as worms, viruses and of course spam, according to McAfee chief security officer Ted Barlow.
Dell has added multicore technology to its single-core dual-socket servers and workstations, the company announced Monday. Dell claims the new systems provide a maximum improvement in performance of 53 percent compared with the single-core, dual-sock...
The Chinese government announced on Sunday a new set of regulations intended to tighten control over news reported on the Internet, but it was not immediately clear what, if any, effect the new regulations will have.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
- Quickflix halts trading ahead of acquisition
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW