Samsung is to start selling a 4GB flash memory cache drive for use with PCs designed to use Vista's ReadyBoost feature.
After security researcher Joanna Rutkowska demonstrated how it's possible to circumvent security in Microsoft's Vista beta software and install a rootkit called Blue Pill, Microsoft said it intends to find ways to stop both potential threats before V...
Free online encyclopedia Wikipedia needs to improve the quality of its content in the coming year, Jimmy Wales, the founder of the project, said Friday.
Google has begun alerting users whenever they click on a search result that may take them to a dangerous Web site.
Microsoft stepped into the lion's den this week when it sent some of its top engineers to the Black Hat USA hacker conference in Las Vegas.
Mobile phone malware writers are up to no good again. A security vendor has detected a new variant of an aggressive Russian mobile worm that uses some alarming new tricks.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project has confirmed plans to include elements of the Wikipedia free online encyclopaedia as the first element in its content repository.
The Web site offered to sell stolen credit card information for US$100, but it was the title of the poster that caught FBI agent Thomas X Grasso Jr.'s attention. The cybercriminal identified himself as a "Capo di capo" -- a boss of bosses, in Mafia p...
Lenovo Group, heir to IBM's PC business, plans to change its supply chain to improve the company's margins in a tightening PC market, executives said Thursday.
Chariot managing director, Robert Horlin-Smith, has stepped down from his executive post to stand trial for alleged misconduct while at the helm of another company.
August will be another substantial patch month for Microsoft, with the vendor releasing 12 security bulletins next Tuesday to fix holes in both its Windows OS and the Office productivity suite.
Microsoft's highly anticipated upgrade of its MSN Spaces blogging and social networking service has run into significant and unforeseen performance problems.
Despite plunging prices for CPUs, worldwide semiconductor sales rose 9.4 percent from last year, reaching US$58.9 billion for the second quarter.
AOL will slash up to 5,000 jobs worldwide, or just over a quarter of its workforce, as the struggling unit of Time Warner restructures in an effort to bring in more revenue.
With spyware a continuing plague for many computer users, some experts and IT workers are calling for stiffer penalties -- including jail time -- for convicted spyware purveyors.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC