The British security researcher who has disclosed two critical flaws in popular media files in the past week said Thursday that a zero-day vulnerability in Adobe's pervasive PDF files could be exploited to snatch control of Windows XP systems.
Zimbra customers appalled at the company's planned acquisition by Yahoo are speaking out, saying they are vexed by the deal and upset over its possible negative consequences.
Hard drives full of confidential data are still turning up on the second-hand market, researchers have reported.
Microsoft is inviting hackers onto its Redmond, Washington, campus again next week and this time software virtualization and mobile security will be the hot topics.
Mobile developers around the world are in an uproar over a change Vodafone Group has made in the UK that dramatically decreases the quality of their products and that they fear could prevent new and innovative mobile services from reaching the market...
Mozilla updated the preview of Firefox 3.0 to alpha 8 Thursday, unveiling for the first time to users several security features it's talked up for months.
A former Unix system administrator at Medco Health Solutions' New Jersey office has pleaded guilty in the US federal court to attempting to sabotage critical data, including individual prescription drug data, on more than 70 servers.
As Sony soaks up the Tokyo Game Show spotlight, Microsoft was quick to boast its gaming accomplishments thus far including the most played games over Xbox Live.
Sure, Halo 3 is out on Tuesday, but that didn't stop us from heading over to Microsoft's gigantor booth at the Tokyo Game Show to see how Japanese gamers were reacting to the Xbox 360's game to end all games. We were actually shocked how much attenti...
A wave of attacks targeting Microsoft's Office 2003 last year taught the company some tough security lessons it's now aggressively applying, a Microsoft software engineer said Friday.
A 3-year old Labrador Retriever from Loveland, Colorado survived a casual swallowing of a Nintendo Wii Remote.
We sit down with Ninja Gaiden II producer Yoshifuru Okamoto to discuss the game's glaring violence, a possible AO-rating, and digital jigglies.
Namco Bandai's "Duel Love" for the Nintendo DS appears to promise plenty of risque man-rubbing action.
Twenty one years after its original debut on the Famicom, Namco Bandai's "Family Trainer" has made it's return on the Nintendo Wii along with the power pad peripheral.
NBC said this week that it will let you watch some of its biggest shows on your PC for free during the week after the programs originally air. It's the first phase of a new video on demand service called "NBC Direct." The shows that will become avail...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD