Telecom New Zealand announced today it had reached an agreement to acquire 100 percent of ASX-listed voice and data carrier PowerTel.
Trend Micro introduced an updated version of its client-server messaging security software package for small-to-midsize business, adding antispyware protection for the desktop.
European businesses are being urged to fight against the imposition of a Microsoft-led standard that, it is claimed, will cripple competition and lead to increased costs for business.
The annual Demo 2007 conference in Palm Desert, California, this week will lay bare for an audience of venture capitalists the results of thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on the part of hardware and software engineers.
Seagate Technology and Motorola have invested in the portable storage market, hoping to meet a rising need by users of cell phones and smartphones to carry gigabytes of digital photos and music in their pockets.
Devicescape Software says it has a solution for the problem of using Wi-Fi hot spots with devices that don't have browsers.
The annual IBM Internet Security Systems security trends report published Tuesday shows 7,427 software bugs were cataloged last year, an increase of 39.5 percent over the number of vulnerabilities identified in 2005.
More than two years after a security researcher first called attention to Sony BMG's use of a stealth program to enforce digital rights management on its music CDs, the company reached a deal with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the incident, ...
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
More than five years after its predecessor Windows XP was born, Microsoft has unleashed what it sees as its biggest product launch since Windows 95 with the mass market release of the much-anticipated Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System.
Just as Windows 95 ushered in the Internet era, Windows Vista, which will be released to U.S. consumers at midnight on Tuesday, sets the stage for the multimedia hub the PC is set to become in the future, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said Monday in ...
Symantec released on Monday a broad suite of software aimed at managing content ranging from e-mail to instant messages plus a new version of its Enterprise Vault archiving product.
When it comes to graphics, Microsoft's new operating system may earn its name. Vista promises plenty of great views with upgrades for richly detailed games, as well as better-looking and more-useful desktop apps.
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Ballmer on Monday attempted to end rumors that Windows Vista will be the last Windows client OS, claiming that Microsoft has "plenty more where that came from" at a press event to mark the consumer launch...
IBM and Intel accelerated their horse race in semiconductors when each unveiled at the same time on Saturday similar chip-manufacturing advances.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC