Sony has launched of its first Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG media card, which it will begin shipping in August 2007. The Memory Stick PRO-HG is an extended format of the Memory Stick PRO format, offering high performances to meet the stringent demands of...
An independent developer has created a free plug-in for the open-source MySQL database that lets users inexpensively store their data on Amazon.com's Web storage service, S3.
The U.S. Army's Communications Electronics Research & Development Engineering Center (CERDEC) will spend several months evaluating Mobile WiMax for possible military use, according to Samsung Electronics Co., which is supplying the equipment.
Less than a week after the latest Ubuntu Linux release - version 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" - users are already crying out for driver support to rival that for Windows in the next release.
Ken Kutaragi, the man who led Sony into the game console business, will step down as chairman and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), the company said late Thursday.
Nintendo reported a big increase in sales and profit for its financial year just ended, although sales of its smash-hit Wii console missed their target by a whisker.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) group said Thursday that it had raised the price for its hundred-dollar laptop to US$175, but were still confident they would collect enough orders to begin volume production by September.
IP communications company, Mitel Networks, plans to acquire Inter-Tel for $US732 million.
Ken Kutaragi, the man who led Sony into the game console business, will step down as chairman and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI), the company said late Thursday.
New browser-based application technologies are opening new security holes, warned SPI Dynamics as it launched a re-engineered version of its SOA/Web 2.0 security testing software WebInspect this week.
One Seattle company using a new site optimization service from Google, introduced in beta to select users in October and to all AdWords customers earlier this month, is already seeing improvements on its site.
Deferred revenue from the release of Windows Vista and Office 2007 helped Microsoft increase revenue 32 per cent year over year for its fiscal third quarter, with the company reporting $US14.4 billion in revenue for the three months ended March 31.
A small Utah online backup service that recently signed a deal to back up 300,000 PCs owned by General Electric Co. Thursday announced a US$4.95 per month unlimited plan for Mac owners.
A New York teenager broke into AOL networks and databases containing customer information and infected servers with a malicious program to transfer confidential data to his computer, AOL and the Manhattan District Attorney's Office allege.
New details have emerged of virtualisation software provider, VMware's, plans to sell its stock to the public.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW