Intel plans to build chips for handhelds and mobile phones on a separate version of its future manufacturing technology that greatly minimises transistor current leakage, according to the company's manufacturing chief.
Wearable, interactive 3D technology being developed by the University of South Australia will be able to transfer people into 'mobile augmented reality (AR) systems.'
By year's end, Sana Security plans to ship a new version of its Primary Response antivirus software that will be able to identify and remove malicious software without the use of the "signature" code used by the majority of antivirus vendors.
Acer expects to be the world's third largest PC seller by the end of 2008, with a 10 percent share of the global market and US$20 billion in revenue, the company's chairman said Monday.
PC vendors aren't enjoying as much growth as last year, but PC shipments in 2005 should finish well above previous expectations for the year, market researcher IDC said Monday.
Dell is launch a fresh attempt at breaking Apple's stranglehold on the portable music player market, along with some new personal digital assistants and photo printers.
When it comes to 3G technology, Australians are clueless, reports a recent study from IDC on the Australian consumer mobile market.
The first USB (universal serial bus) phone developed by a new Taiwanese venture focusing on hardware products for use with Skype's VoIP (voice over Internet protocol) software sold out in just 50 hours in Taiwan, a company representative said Friday.
Nintendo will offer a game controller with its upcoming Revolution games console that is drastically different from those used in previous consoles.
Trend Micro has weaved smarts gained by its acquisition of InterMute into its latest anti spyware product, available now.
Adobe Systems on Thursday reported its third quarter net profit rose 39 percent from a year ago on solid business execution.
Downloaders looking for a free "Star Wars" game may instead find themselves installing a new worm that gives them dodgy Google search results.
Looking to ease the way customers manage their digital identities, Microsoft has begun working to integrate its InfoCard authentication technology with Internet Explorer and is in discussions with the Firefox and Safari browser developers to have the...
Dutch electronics giant, Philips Electronics, plans significant cost reductions in its semiconductor division in a move to improve its operating margins.
Dell is ending its support for Intel's Itanium processor, an Intel spokeswoman said, closing the door on a product line that was a marginal part of Dell's server strategy.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW