Terry Semel ended his six-year run as Yahoo's chief executive officer on Monday, and the company's co-founder Jerry Yang will take over from him, the company said.
A Dell manager on Saturday said his company "blew it" by threatening a blog for posting bargain-hunting tips.
Messaging vendor Mirapoint on Monday announced a deal with Nokia that includes the cell phone giant releasing a version of its Intellisync Mobile Suite to work with Mirapoint's messaging security appliances.
Google, which has been working to ward off questions about its privacy policies and defend its YouTube subsidiary against a US$1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit filed in March by Viacom, Monday launched a <a href="http://googlepublicpolicy.blo...
Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Attackers armed with an exploit toolkit have launched massive attacks in Europe from a network of at least 10,000 hacked Web sites, with infections spreading worldwide, several security companies warned Monday.
National ICT minister Helen Coonan today launched the $1.9 billion Australia Connected infrastructure initiative to roll-out ADSL 2+ and WiMAX to 99 percent of Australia by 2009.
Google is gathering some of its top executives in Paris this week for an international press conference and speculation is rife that announcements will include a local version of YouTube for European countries.
Pillar Data Systems, the storage vendor funded by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, is getting ready to bolster its line of features with technology that helps businesses avoid wasting storage space known as thin provisioning.
Continuing repairs to two Russian computers that control water, oxygen and positioning for the International Space Station hit a roadblock today when the computers could not be brought fully back online.
Overclockers waged a battle of ice against fire at Computex in Taipei, pushing the performance limits of Intel's CPUs to 5GHz. The hobbyists, who are becoming an increasingly common sight at IT trade shows, are perfecting the art of pushing processor...
The debate is still on about why Apple decided to develop a version of its Safari browser for Windows.
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
The most popular Web search engines rarely deliver the same results when identical queries are performed on each site, and the disparity has increased over the past two years, new research has found.
As much as 60 percent of the ink in inkjet cartridges is wasted when printers ask users to throw away half-full cartridges.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW