Microsoft described wide industry support during the formal announcement of Office Communications Server in the US this week.
Sun offered informational updates Monday on several ongoing efforts in the open-source arena, including product plans for the OpenSolaris version of the Solaris OS, Java, and the GlassFish application server.
Google has launched a video-blocking tool that will allow content owners to intercept copyrighted clips as they're uploaded to YouTube, its video-sharing site.
EQO Communications will soon release a faster version of its mobile VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) application for phones running the Symbian OS, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Corporate storage systems and networks are an attractive target for hackers looking to steal sensitive data or launch computer attacks, Alan Lustiger, security architect at TD Ameritrade, told an audience at Computerworld's Storage Networking World u...
Google is set to roll out new features to its Google Analytics service and a beta release of Version 5 of the Web analytics server software gained with its acquisition of Urchin Software two and half years ago.
Apple confirmed Tuesday what rumor sites have been saying for days: Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" will hit store shelves at 6 p.m. on October 26. The Leopard Server OS will be released at the same time.
With femtocells gaining more attention as a potential money-saving technology, several companies are racing to claim space in the emerging femtocell market, said members of a recent panel hosted by MassNetComms.
A Dutch consumer protection association told PC buyers to avoid Windows Vista, Microsoft's newest operating system, after the U.S. company's Dutch arm said it would not provide all consumers with downgrades to the older XP.
Hitachi unveiled a new technology that it said can be used to cut the size of hard disk drive recording heads in half, which would dramatically boost storage capacity.
Nine months after its official launch, Australian developers have already extended the capabilities of the world's first non-proprietary Linux powered mobile phone.
Terminal emulation company Attachmate has launched a Vista version of its Reflection software, even though the company admits that take-up of the operating system has been low.
Hitachi Data Systems has launched a new SMS 100 array that, the company claims, needs no on-site service. HDS also said that the product would run for up to five years with plug-in replacement disk drives for failed drives.
RFID supplier Alien Technology has introduced tags, a tag reader and a portal reader, all aimed at a new market: the growing demand for wireless asset management and inventory tracking inside a single enterprise.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD