Monsoon Multimedia and the Software Freedom Law Center are discussing a settlement regarding Monsoon's open-source licensing violation, but a deal isn't certain.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
Sun Microsystems is taking a page from Microsoft's security group and changing the way it updates Java for the desktop.
Cisco Systems has entered into a partnership with Haier, the largest manufacturer of large home appliances in China, that will allow the companies to work together on a number of projects, including information infrastructure and home-networking syst...
After months of speculation about how exactly the intrusion at TJX Companies happened, officials now know.
AOL co-founder Steve Case and other financial and technology industry leaders have launched a new online credit card company they say will transform the payment industry.
Laszlo Systems this week unveiled an enhanced version of Laszlo Webtop, which the company refers to as "The Web 2.0 Desktop." The company also is partnering to add VOIP capabilities to the platform.
Swedish police are expected to decide later this week whether a criminal case is warranted against 10 major music and movie companies over their alleged efforts to disrupt the Pirate Bay, one of the largest file-sharing search engines.
The companies that are having the most success in advancing their data security efforts today are those that are finding a way to protect sensitive information without getting in the way of business users, industry experts maintain.
An interactive kiosk with arms and legs would be a robot by another name, and that may be the long-term direction the technology takes as market leader IBM continues to turn kiosks into multipurpose retail machines.
Global expansion and strong Enterprise Linux subscriptions have lifted Red Hat to double-digit growth as the CEO confirms provider Red Hat's solution and services transformation.
Just days after users and bloggers raised Cain about Microsoft missing a deadline to deliver add-ons that it promised Windows Vista users, the company announced Tuesday that it is shipping one program but delaying 19 language packs for another month.
Amazon.com has launched a public beta of Amazon MP3, a digital music store that offers digital rights management-free music downloads, allowing users to download the music to their media player of choice or burn songs onto CDs.
The surging popularity of user-content driven social networking Web sites and greater corporate demand for Web 2.0 applications is putting pressure on storage vendors to expand and diversify their offerings to meet the demands of a broader audience, ...
Someone used an eBay discussion forum on Tuesday to post confidential information about eBay users along with what may be their credit card numbers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC