Stealthy, remote system access programs called "rootkits" could fuel the next big wave of malicious code, and are already beginning to influence the design of new Internet worms and viruses, according to security experts. Now security software compan...
Microsoft is developing its own paid-search advertising program to become a player in a lucrative market where rivals Google and Yahoo have been playing for years.
Microsoft on Wednesday plans to release the first preview version of Indigo, giving developers a chance to test drive the new communications subsystem for Windows.
Ezmax of South Korea will put on sale this May an MP3 player that allows users to make and receive telephone calls using VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol), the company said at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, last week.
McAfee introduced on Wednesday a new tool to help small and medium-size business (SMB) customers manage the company's enterprise security software.
Google opened up its Gmail Web mail service to a wider scope of users on Monday by randomly offering, for the first time, accounts to some visitors of the main Google.com page.
An IT manager who earlier pled guilty to hacking into his previous employer's computer network was sentenced Monday to five months in prison, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Tuesday.
With a history of shaping the designs of objects as varied as wine bottles and the oversized Hummer, software veteran Autodesk is celebrating its 20th anniversary as a public company by releasing the 20th version of its flagship software.
The European Commission has given Microsoft, Time Warner and Thomson SA the green light to close their joint acquisition of digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard, the companies said Tuesday.
Desktop antispyware software isn't doing the job, IT professionals have concluded.
Windows XP may be updated to support a new file system technology that Microsoft is working on for the next version of Windows.
Storage products announced at the Cebit trade show in Germany, last week spanned the range from a Cisco Systems storage switch ready for multiterabyte arrays of data, down to a new half-height tape drive from Tandberg Data.
Attacks on PCs by botnets -- the so-called zombie networks -- are becoming more of a problem, with more than a million hosts already controlled by hackers.
Telephony has not been a big theme traditionally at the Cebit trade show -- until now. Interest is surging as voice evolves into one of many software applications that businesses and consumers can now run on their office or home IP (Internet protocol...
Wireless switch vendor Trapeze has announced a scheme to manage other vendors' access points. It will begin selling a new D-Link access point in April, and promises that its Open Access Point Initiative will integrate many other existing APs, before ...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- Watch Catch Up TV through the AerialBox T2100 set-top box
- 5 ways to extend your smartphone's battery life
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD