AOL has patched a serious flaw in its instant-messaging software, but more troubles may lie ahead, according to a security researcher familiar with the issue.
Reconnex this week announced an upgrade to its data-leak prevention software and appliance designed to help companies define and protect their intellectual property.
Two men were sentenced to more than five years in prison for their part in sending millions of pornographic spam messages, marking the conclusion of the first major case under the 2003 US federal CAN-SPAM anti-spam law.
Google has started a validation period for a new system of calculating how online publishers are paid for displaying its referral ads.
A researcher beat Microsoft to the patch punch over the weekend by publishing an unofficial fix for a critical flaw in Windows XP and Server 2003 on PCs with Internet Explorer 7.
AOL will lay off about 2,000 employees, or approximately 20 percent of its staff, as it continues its transformation into an online, ad-supported business and moves further away from its traditional revenue model based on dial-up Internet access fees...
Motorola took a 50 percent stake in UIQ, a move that is likely a reaction to stepped up competition from the iPhone.
Intel showed off six new ultramobile PCs on Monday. The PCs are designed around its Menlow chips, which will debut around the middle of next year.
Intel plans to unveil a new microprocessor for the One Laptop Per Child notebook and other ultra-low cost laptop PCs at the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai next April, an executive said this week..
The organization that oversees the Internet address system is launching an evaluation of International Domain Names (IDN) that will allow Internet users to test top-level domains in 11 languages.
Greenpeace International, which has clashed with Apple over toxic chemicals in its products and post-sales electronics recycling, has slammed the company's iPhone, saying it includes hazardous materials that other mobile phone makers have eliminated.
End users are to be given the opportunity to create Oracle and SQL reports without calling on the assistance of technical staff.
High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) wireless technology is here today in some markets and getting faster, and may end up being more popular than WiMax and other emerging broadband wireless technologies.
Most enterprises have some type of messaging security in the form of spam and virus filtering. When installing a new or replacement messaging-security system, key areas to pay attention to are performance, user experience, and management and operatio...
Microsoft is adding an event planning offering to its expanding Windows Live suite of services.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC