Riverbed Technology is adding SSL support to its Steelhead WAN optimization gear, making it possible to accelerate a potentially large volume of network traffic that the equipment couldn't get at before.
Slashdot.org plans to release a new feature designed to give more participation in the selection of articles to its users, who submit links to stories and comments about them to the site.
Linden Lab has announced it will integrate voice capabilities throughout Second Life, in a bid to enhance the way the game's residents communicate with each another.
A three-layer HD DVD disc with enough room for about 7 hours of high-definition video is still under development and hasn't been submitted for approval to the DVD Forum, the standard's governing body, despite reports to the contrary, Toshiba said Thu...
Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 antivirus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian antivirus researcher reported Wednesday.
Google will provide more data and tools to help its advertisers assess and combat click fraud, a controversial practice that is the biggest enemy of the otherwise highly popular and profitable online advertising model known as pay per click.
A security firm has discovered one of the first security flaws to directly affect Windows Vista, a bug that it claims allows local users to escalate their privileges.
Oracle has agreed to acquire business intelligence software vendor Hyperion Solutions for US$3.3 billion in cash, it said on Thursday.
Months after joining other PC vendors in a massive recall of faulty notebook batteries, Lenovo Group has found a different problem with some models, and will recall 208,000 notebook batteries worldwide, the company said Thursday.
Timothy Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, advocated that the U.S. Congress protect net neutrality and questioned the value of digital rights management Thursday.
CSIRO on Thursday announced a partnership with research and manufacturing company, the China Electronic Technology Corporation (CETC), to commercialise its wireless technologies in China.
The biggest obstacle Greg Baxter had to overcome when deploying a new VoIP network in the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) office was convincing his senior executives.
Windows Vista's revamped security features are posing difficulties for some IT security vendors looking to make their software work on the new operating system.
It may be too early to talk plug-and-play but IBM believes it can help businesses of all sizes easily cluster their servers to handle intensive computing workloads.
A soldier is riding in a humvee convoy through what could be the tranquil Mojave Desert. Soon the vehicle is passing through a Middle Eastern city where the smell of exotic spices and cooked lamb waft through the truck as it rumbles past burned-out c...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW