RealNetworks announced a new version of its RealPlayer media player software - the player will support rival formats Flash and QuickTime.
IT security vendor Sonicwall has announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Aventail Corporation, a privately-held provider of SSL VPN remote access solutions for approximately $US25 million in cash.
Microsoft is offering a new method of discovering musical acts via its Zune media player and through Xbox Live. Microsoft has unveiled Ignition, a program that gives much-needed exposure to up-and-coming artists.
The UK's O2 Wireless festival is going paper free.
A music service called nuTsie enables easy access of your entire iTunes library from a mobile phone. A free public beta of the Melodeo service is available from the nuTsie site.
Apple is in advanced talks with major studios for the rights to rent movies via iTunes, according to the UK Financial Times.
UK record labels are looking to the mobile phone industry to kick-start growth in digital music sales, according to industry body the BPI.
Just hours after Apple released a Windows version of Safari on Monday, security researchers had <a href="http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2007/06/niiiice.html" target="_blank">uncovered more</a> than half a dozen vulnerabilities in the browser beta, inc...
Fujitsu Siemens Computers (FSC) has launched a brace of server series in its B2000 Business Server range, the SX100 aimed at entry-level mainframe users, and the SX160 with what FSC calls medium performance. They slot below FSC's existing mainframe r...
Dell will sell a wider variety of television sets made by other manufacturers over its Web site, but denied reports that it plans to stop making LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs.
It's not just the Recording Industry Association of America that people need to worry about when downloading music from P2P networks.
As the number of virtual environments increases, standards and vendor collaboration will help make teleporting between different worlds a smooth experience, ensuring, for instance, that your avatar arrives in a new world still wearing the clothes it ...
Security researchers have already found eight bugs in the Windows version of Safari Apple released on Monday. They're blaming Apple's "hostile attitude towards security researchers" for the problems.
Computer cooling supplier OCZ has announced plans to use carbon nanotube technology in its processor heatsink product, HydroJet.
Toshiba will launch this month two digital video recorders (DVRs) that combine HD DVD with high-definition hard-disk drive recording.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW