Microsoft will see profitability in its Xbox business by its 2008 fiscal year, the company said at its annual Financial Analyst Meeting Thursday.
Intel slashed prices on some desktop PC microprocessors by more than half on Thursday, raising the stakes against rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), which cut prices earlier this week.
India may not go in for the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) program led by Nicholas Negroponte, which aims to deliver laptops priced at US$100 to school students, according to reports this week in Indian media.
Video podcast support is coming to the PlayStation Portable (PSP) thanks to a firmware update Sony Computer Entertainment published on Thursday.
In a dramatic close to the legal battle between file-sharing software developer Kazaa and the entertainment industry, Kazaa said on Thursday that it has agreed to pay at least US$100 million to four record companies and an additional amount to motion...
The European Commission has launched an unofficial antitrust probe into the two emerging DVD formats championed by Toshiba and Sony, a spokesman said Thursday.
Microsoft continues to give itself room to further delay the release of Windows Vista. At its annual Financial Analyst Meeting on Thursday, Kevin Johnson, co-president of Microsoft's Platforms & Services Division, said that while Vista development re...
A judge has given final approval to the settlement of a click-fraud lawsuit, despite critics' characterization of the settlement as a slap on the wrist for Google.
PC vendors announced new desktop and workstation PCs following Intel's launch of its "Conroe" Core 2 Duo processor.
Intel has unveiled its new Core 2 Duo processor lineup, increasing the pressure on rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). The 10 new dual-core chips promise markedly better performance and greater energy efficiency than Intel's existing products.
Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store added six new shows from Warner Bros. Entertainment, including the first season of the hit show "Friends" and sci-fi series "Babylon 5."
Security vendor McAfee has detected a new piece of malicious software that masquerades as part of the Firefox Internet browser.
Google hopes to help make click fraud more transparent with a new feature that offers advertisers reports of invalid clicks, the search giant said on Tuesday.
An trial began this week in America, in which prosecutors say a man forced a cell phone down a woman's throat but the defense say says the woman swallowed the device on purpose to hide data on whom she had been calling.
Microsoft will deliver the next version of its Internet Explorer (IE) browser to consumers via its Automatic Updates (AU) service, but the company will give enterprises a tool to make corporate desktops bypass the update.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW