Two leading hardware vendors, Dell and Lenovo, are quietly selling laptops without preloaded Microsoft Windows to Linux customers who know where to look, says Lincoln Durey, CEO of EmperorLinux, an Atlanta reseller that customizes, installs and suppo...
Corel has released a free public beta of WordPerfect Lightning, a word processor that blends a desktop-based application with online collaboration and storage features.
Microsoft has said it would limit support for three versions of the Windows Vista operating system, including its most expensive, to five years rather than the usual 10 years.
Microsoft Tuesday released yet another statement responding to an attack from VMware that criticized the software giant for licensing and technological restraints imposed within its virtualization technology.
Sony is aggressively promoting high-definition televisions (HDTVs) to consumers and soon it will have a range of digital still cameras to match.
IAnywhere Solutions is adding an instant messaging (IM) component to Information Anywhere Suite, a set of products for managing applications on PDAs and other wireless devices.
Microsoft will start to give some customers the benefit of the doubt with an updated version of its software antipiracy tool, Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications.
AMD has announced the availability of its 690 chipset, the company's first integrated chipset for AMD processors that includes the ATI Radeon X1250 graphics processor.
A Japanese university announced scientists there have developed a new technology that uses bacteria DNA as a medium for storing data long-term, even for thousands of years.
IBM and Google have unveiled a new portlet software that will allow WebSphere portal users to integrate more than 4,000 Google Gadget services and utilities into the portal.
Windows Vista delivers on some of the security improvements Microsoft promised for it, but there are still a host of ways attackers can exploit the OS and leave users open to threats, according to findings by Symantec.
Voice and data provider, Telarus, has created a new wireless design and audit service for SMEs.
In a paper he plans to discuss Wednesday at the Black Hat DC 2007 conference, noted database security researcher David Litchfield is expected to outline a new attack method against Oracle databases that boosts the danger to unpatched systems.
Apple, long a ghost in the corporate-infrastructure mainstream, is beginning to cast a shadow as IT departments discover Mac platforms that are being transformed into realistic alternatives to Windows and Linux.
Eastman Kodak has come up with an idea that some may find difficult to swallow--an edible radio frequency identification (RFID) tag.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW