Security researchers David Maynor and Jon Ellch performed a digital drive-by Wednesday at the Black Hat USA conference. Their target: an Apple Computer MacBook.
Microsoft launched on Wednesday an upgraded version of its MSN Spaces Web site that lets users quickly create a Web site or blog, post photos and build a network of contacts.
A Seattle-based security researcher has devised a way to test for net neutrality.
A 26-year-old man from Somers, Connecticut, faces up to 30 years in prison for allegedly having sexual relations with a 15-year-old girl he met through MySpace.com, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said late Tuesday.
Intel has issued patches for three vulnerabilities for its wireless hardware and software.
Microsoft this week indicated it is entering a new era that will be marked less by monolithic programs licensed to corporate users and more by the integration of client and server software with Internet-based services.
The Internet Industry Association (IIA) believes approximately 80 per cent of the Australian population should have access to downstream speeds of 10Mbps, with 67 per cent having access to speeds above 24Mbps by the end of the decade.
Two universities are changing the content of their IT degree courses for 2007.
McAfee will issue a patch on Wednesday for a vulnerability affecting its SecurityCenter application, a security software management tool.
Palm's plans for future products could be affected by delays in development of a new version of the Palm OS software, the company warned in a regulatory filing.
Microsoft has filed a patent-infringement complaint with the International Trade Commission (ITC) against Belkin for importing products the software company claims infringes on a patent it holds for peripheral device technology.
Telecommunications research firm Market Clarity has launched a local consumer, business and wholesale VoIP directory.
Sharp will begin production at a state-of-the-art LCD (liquid crystal display) plant in Japan slightly ahead of schedule this month, the company said Tuesday.
An industrial espionage case against two top executives and an engineer from Via Technologies ended Monday after judges in Taiwan found the defendants not guilty.
Fifty lucky residents in the Victorian alpine town of Mt Beauty will get access to free broadband as part of a trial by SP AusNet to test the viability of delivering Internet over power lines.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC