HP on Monday announced plans to acquire thin-client computing vendor Neoware for approximately US$214 million in a deal HP says will enhance its personal systems technologies.
Intel later this year will help server network interfaces take advantage of the major recent advances in data centers: multiprocessor systems, multicore processors and virtualization.
Details of a new Microsoft Web analytics tool, including when the beta version will be released and how the company will get its demographic data, have leaked onto the Internet.
Fed up with slow tape backup systems and under pressure by regulators and auditors to keep data online and readily available, large and midsize businesses are making disk-to-disk backup technology a top priority in their data centers this year.
Scientists have discovered that "avalanche" effects in spinning magnetic fields can cause data loss in disk drives - and are working on changes to recording layer chemistry that should give us more reliable storage.
An external drive that drops its power down in three stages as inactivity time lengthens has been announced by Kanguru. It is an 80 - 750GB capacity product, connecting to Windows or Mac systems by USB 2.0.
ProMOS Technologies raised its projected 2007 spending on new memory chip plants this year, bucking expectations that falling DRAM (dynamic RAM) prices might cause companies to rein in such spending.
Global PC sales have slowed a tad over the past few weeks as the market waits for Intel to announce new price reductions, market researchers said.
Microsoft on Thursday quelled rumors that the beta of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) was just around the corner.
3Com may not be the only company Nortel is interested in. The Canadian telecom giant might also be sizing up four others for acquisition, according to an investor bulletin issued this week by UBS Warburg.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
In its clearest statement of intent so far, Google said that it will compete in an upcoming U.S. wireless spectrum auction, if the government agrees to certain rules.
Google is hosting potentially copyrighted videos, including recent full-length movies, concerts, as well as broadcast and cable TV programs on Google Video, a nonprofit group is charging.
A second lawsuit was filed last week against Microsoft by customers complaining about the Xbox 360 console scratching and ruining video game discs.
Microsoft's quest to have Open XML approved by the International Organization for Standards (ISO) as a global technology standard seems to have recovered from a setback it suffered a week ago, as both sides of the Open XML-ODF debate shore up argumen...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia