Skype again warned users of its software that malicious code targeting the voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service was on the prowl, the second such alert in the past five weeks.
Brazilian police dubbed their crackdown "Operation Persona," which led to raids and temporary arrests this week of 41 members of an organization that allegedly evaded federal taxes when importing Cisco Systems networking gear.
Atlassian Software Systems and NewsGator Technologies unveiled Wiki software and RSS technology, respectively, for Microsoft's Office SharePoint Server 2.0. Both firms added SharePoint support for their products under an agreement with Microsoft anno...
Microsoft announced at the Storage Networking World conference this week that it has started shipping its System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 software.
MySpace and Skype Wednesday announced plans to jointly bring free Internet voice communications to the social networking site
The latest desktop and server editions of the free, open-source Ubuntu Linux operating system will be released on Thursday. They will offer a range of improvements designed for their particular users.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates this week launched the company's unified communication platform, a milestone he said validates the era of software-enabled voice technology and signals the impending death of the PBX.
EBay and PayPal, once the primary lures used by phishers to trick e-mail users into giving up personal information, aren't as popular as they used to be.
As an impressive roster of technology industry celebrities gather at this week's Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, all eyes are on emerging opportunities for Internet companies.
AppleWednesday confirmed rumors that it will release a mobile software development kit (SDK) for developers in February so that third parties can create applications for the iPhone and the iPod touch.
Nokia announced this week the latest version of its Linux-based tablet device, this time with a full keyboard.
Australian businesses are slow to jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon, according to local online community developer, Venture Logic.
The U.S. Congress asked Yahoo to explain alleged false statements the company's attorney gave in testimony last year.
Facebook will step up the policing of pornography, harassment and inappropriate behavior on its social networking site, settling a consumer fraud investigation by New York State Attorney General (AG) Andrew Cuomo.
Despite the lead of rack servers over blades in terms of market sales, IT giant Hewlett-Packard touts the blade as "the future of servers" for the midsize market. During the recent launch of the HP "Shorty" BladeSystem c3000, Sreehivas Narayanan, reg...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCSecurity LeadNSW