Microsoft said Tuesday it had identified the person who had leaked the still-in-beta Windows Home Server to the Web. According to both the company and messages from the site where the beta was once posted, however, earlier reports that the leaker was...
Micro-managed attacks that consist of one e-mail targeting one person are up more than 10 times over last year's levels, a message security company said Tuesday.
Microsoft Tuesday began taking beta-tester applications for the next update to Windows, an upgrade to the Windows Media Center functionality within Vista.
Three years after it burst onto the operating system scene, the Debian-based Ubuntu Linux has entered its sixth generation with the release of 7.04 dubbed "Feisty Fawn" globally today.
Many students at Virginia Tech on Monday turned to message boards and social networking sites to try to find out what exactly was happening on campus during a shooting spree that ended with 33 dead.
Intel Wednesday unveiled its Ultra Mobile platform, also known as McCaslin, designed for ultramobile PCs and other handheld devices, and outlined plans for increased Linux support and a new chip for ultramobile PCs due in 2008.
Microsoft, as part of its outreach to the open-source community, has released a new official Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox 2.0 that resolves problems with the older one.
Talk about new desktop operating systems may be at an all-time high, but the Queensland state government has no intention to progress from the six-year-old Windows XP for more than 100,000 computers to be purchased over the next three years.
AOL on Tuesday unveiled five new online programs in support of its revamped strategy to focus on deriving advertising revenue from original content served up on its AOL.com portal.
Finjan Software Tuesday joined the ranks of vendors offering free site security-ranking services by unveiling SecureBrowsing, a plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox that warns users of risky Web sites.
Yahoo and eBay's PayPal have teamed up to attach a special icon to online merchants that advertise with Yahoo and offer PayPal's Express Checkout transaction processing.
Increasing use of Firefox throughout Europe suggests that the browser battles aren't quite over, but may be headed for a slow-moving tug-of-war, according to a recent survey and analysts.
Despite Microsoft's plan to phase out OEM shipments of Windows XP in a bid to push customers to Vista, Australian IT managers said they are sticking with the older operating system even if the software giant pulls support.
Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu are introducing new servers Tuesday that they jointly developed, while another server maker, Hitachi, is unveiling new blade servers. They each aim to address buyers' dual needs for computing power and energy efficiency.
Microsoft will phase out Windows XP as an installation option for brand-name computer makers faster than it has any other operating system, but an analyst Tuesday said it probably wasn't a decision made to pump up Vista revenues at XP's expense.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW