Palm's financial future looked a little more secure Monday as private-equity firm Elevation Partners said it will pump US$325 million into the mobile device manufacturer.
Proofpoint on Monday announced a version of its security offering that offers e-mail threat protection, data-leak prevention, and messaging encryption in one box.
Corporate IT operations will work to improve capacity-control systems, drive disaster recovery centralization and consistency, and bring in new technology to support the rapid growth of virtualization and personal storage systems, according to IDC's ...
Microsoft has signed another Linux distributor to a patent-licensing and collaboration deal similar to the one it struck with Novell last year.
Just a few days after the introduction of a search engine that works primarily using human labor, Google says "me too."
Microsoft shared details of its long-term security product strategy as part of its ongoing TechEd 2007 training conference on June 4, lifting the lid on plans to deliver an integrated suite of its software by mid-2009.
Microsoft revealed the official names Monday of the next major upgrades to its Visual Studio software development tools platform and its SQL Server database, which will be called, simply, Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008.
A noted security researcher Monday disclosed four new zero-day vulnerabilities in Microsoft and Mozilla's browsers, including a critical flaw in Internet Explorer (IE) and a "major" bug in Firefox.
IBM and Ricoh's InfoPrint joint venture officially opened for business Monday.
Clicking on a paid link in a results page displayed by Google, Yahoo and other search engines is two-and-a-half times riskier than using an "organic" link, McAfee reported Monday, although the percentage of dangerous sponsored links has fallen in the...
Google is making its controversial <a href="http://books.google.com" target="_blank">Book Search</a> engine available to publishers interested in putting it on their Web sites.
Internode is hiking up its ADSL pricing plans with increases ranging from $5 to $40 per month, citing the growing use of data-intensive online services and increasing network capacity costs as the catalyst for change.
Brocade on Thursday announced the latest of its storage-area network expansion plans -- the company is getting into the US$1 billion host bus adapter market.
A Taiwanese research institute has produced a new global memory card standard, the miCard (Multiple Interface card) designed to work in smaller consumer gadgets such as digital cameras, mobile phones as well as any device with a USB (Universal Serial...
Just in time for the Japanese summer Sanyo Electric Co. will launch in June a waterproof version of its Xacti digital video camera.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD