Lenovo Group reclaimed the number three spot among PC vendors during the second quarter, pushing rival Acer back into fourth place. But Acer's exceptionally fast growth means the company is likely to overtake Lenovo as number three for the entire yea...
New Web applications such as wikis, blogs and podcasts that foster increased collaboration and communication have enjoyed a great proliferation in recent months. They have brought with them, however, a number of new security challenges with which cor...
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
Industry watchers expect to see [<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/071007-it-jobs-hot-baby-boomers-retire.html">network skills in higher demand</a>] as IT spending increases and companies look to better support wireless LANs, VOIP and IP...
PC vendors reported global shipment growth of 12.5 per cent in the second quarter, as every major vendor except Dell posted a double-digit percentage increase in unit shipments compared to the same period last year, according to a report released by ...
Microsoft announced on Tuesday that Peter Moore has officially resigned as the president of its Xbox business. The Briton will be replaced by Don Mattrick, a former EA executive.
The beef over news of a worm targeting Macs, and the identity of the researcher who claimed to have created the malware, took an even stranger turn Wednesday as death threats were allegedly posted to his or her blog, which was then reportedly hacked....
Mozilla late Tuesday patched Firefox to fix nine bugs, including the controversial critical vulnerability that involved both the open-source Web browser and Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE).
I've seen so many lousy approaches to three-dimensional Web browsing that I had pretty low expectations when I heard about SpaceTime. Surprisingly, this free public beta includes some interesting and useful ideas, though overall it's still too buggy ...
Lots of sites are in the game of online backup, for a price. But <a href="http://foreversafe.com/" target="_blank">Foreversafe</a>, launched Tuesday, goes one step beyond the typical online backup offer I've seen. The company, based in France, is pro...
Intel is making samples of its Penryn server chips widely available to computer makers ahead of a planned product launch during the fourth quarter, a company executive said Wednesday.
Open-Xchange has released an Outlook-compatible groupware server specifically designed for smaller businesses, and designed as a simple, open-source alternative to the likes of Microsoft Exchange.
With the release of its latest Firefox 220.127.116.11 browser, open-source software maker Mozilla claims to have fixed a number of potentially serious vulnerabilities in its flagship product.
Microsoft could pull the trigger on putting out a beta of the first service pack for Windows Vista any day, with a final release by November, sources close to the company said.
Google is developing a new search tool for cell phones that will allow users to find and purchase mobile content, including ring tones and games, according to a published report.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW