A researcher beat Microsoft to the patch punch over the weekend by publishing an unofficial fix for a critical flaw in Windows XP and Server 2003 on PCs with Internet Explorer 7.
AOL will lay off about 2,000 employees, or approximately 20 percent of its staff, as it continues its transformation into an online, ad-supported business and moves further away from its traditional revenue model based on dial-up Internet access fees...
Motorola took a 50 percent stake in UIQ, a move that is likely a reaction to stepped up competition from the iPhone.
Intel showed off six new ultramobile PCs on Monday. The PCs are designed around its Menlow chips, which will debut around the middle of next year.
Intel plans to unveil a new microprocessor for the One Laptop Per Child notebook and other ultra-low cost laptop PCs at the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai next April, an executive said this week..
The organization that oversees the Internet address system is launching an evaluation of International Domain Names (IDN) that will allow Internet users to test top-level domains in 11 languages.
Greenpeace International, which has clashed with Apple over toxic chemicals in its products and post-sales electronics recycling, has slammed the company's iPhone, saying it includes hazardous materials that other mobile phone makers have eliminated.
End users are to be given the opportunity to create Oracle and SQL reports without calling on the assistance of technical staff.
High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) wireless technology is here today in some markets and getting faster, and may end up being more popular than WiMax and other emerging broadband wireless technologies.
Most enterprises have some type of messaging security in the form of spam and virus filtering. When installing a new or replacement messaging-security system, key areas to pay attention to are performance, user experience, and management and operatio...
Microsoft is adding an event planning offering to its expanding Windows Live suite of services.
The head of Universal Music Group is enlisting the support of other major record labels to launch a new music subscription service that will try to loosen Apple's grip on the online music market, according to a news report late last week.
Security software giant Symantec is preparing to announce an acquisition of Vontu, one the largest remaining independent providers of data leakage prevention software, which is used to control the flow of sensitive information across corporate networ...
Siemens Communications will unveil its UC (unified communications) solution for SMBs on October 22.
Microsoft has clarified what it plans to patch to fix a bug in Windows XP and Server 2003, but said it had no plans to overhaul the operating system's protocol-handling technology.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW