Two of the biggest hard-disk drive makers, Seagate Technology and Hitachi Global Storage Technology, both said last week that they plan to have drives on the market with the first half of this year that are capable of holding a terabyte (1000G bytes)...
Continuing a corporate makeover that has already shed 10 per cent of the company's workforce, Intel has announced that it will close an R&D office in South Korea, and that there are further changes to come in 2007.
Toshiba will release a desktop PC version of its HD DVD writer next month in a move to boost support for the next-generation optical disc format. The release will follow the launch of a notebook version last year.
They might be impressively small, and fit up to 750GB into a slim body, but Seagate won't be touting its new FreeAgent family of external hard drives for anything as dull as mere file backup.
Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Getting digital video from one device to another can be a hassle, but a Massachusetts software company thinks it has the answer.
TDK will unveil prototype 8-centimeter Blu-ray Disc media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that kicked off on Sunday.
Victor Co. of Japan (JVC) will soon add to its Everio range of hard-disk drive camcorders with a model that can record high-definition (HD) video, it said Sunday at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Some of the world's largest manufacturers of blank optical-disc media are using the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that began in Las Vegas on Sunday to announce new discs for DVD, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Electronics Co. will unveil a double-sided LCD (liquid crystal display) panel that can show different images on each side.
LG Electronics took a big step on Sunday towards the end of the next-generation DVD format battle with the unveiling of a player and PC drive that support both the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats.
Netgear may be hoping to steal some of Apple Computer's thunder by introducing on Sunday an appliance that lets users play Internet and other digital content on their TVs.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT