The Mozilla Foundation said last week it has patched several serious security flaws in the popular Firefox browser, bugs that also affect the SeaMonkey browser and the Thunderbird e-mail application.
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
When it comes to protecting the privacy of its users, Google ranks worse than any other Internet company, according to an interim report by Privacy International. The international watchdog group also accused Google of engaging in a smear campaign in...
Hackers are now using exploits that target Yahoo's instant messaging software, security vendors said today, making it critical that users patch the Windows program immediately.
Google used a 50-page white paper to spell out its claims that Microsoft's Windows Vista violates a 2002 antitrust settlement, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Third-party software developers can create Web 2.0 applications to run on Apple's forthcoming iPhone, company CEO Steve Jobs said Monday.
Several antispam organizations have been targeted by an attempt to knock them offline, according to the SANS Institute.
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Symantec announced late Thursday a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/publicbeta/index.jsp" target="_blank">free public beta</a> for its new Norton AntiBot software that attempts to identify malware on a system by analyzing its behavio...
Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
The IPv6 movement got a boost in May when the American Registry for Internet Numbers announced it would actively encourage migration to IPv6. ARIN distributes blocks of IP addresses to service providers and enterprises based in North America. Other ...
A prominent Australian Linux developer has proposed software that could help simplify the increasingly complex world of virtualisation, which has seen major new entrants in recent months.
Vietnamese government officials said Thursday it will take at least a month to fix a critical undersea data cable damaged by fishermen scavenging for scrap copper.
Shortly after eEye Digital Security notified Yahoo Wednesday that the portal's Messenger IM client was vulnerable to attack, a researcher fingered two ActiveX controls as flawed and posted exploit code that can be used to hijack Windows machines.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA