File-encrypting Trojans are becoming so complex that the security companies could soon be powerless to reverse their effects, a new report from Kaspersky Lab has said.
Yahoo, in partnership with Symantec, launched an Internet security software suite dubbed Norton Internet Security and designed to protect online users from threats like viruses and spyware, the companies said Tuesday.
In an effort to bolster e-mail user confidence and see that more legitimate business correspondence finds its way to intended recipients, a vendor group has organized to promote domain-level accreditation and reputation services as preferred protecti...
The European Commission has launched a consultation into the dangers mobile phones pose to minors. The outcome might be new European Union legislation to protect kids from stalkers, bullies and dangerous Internet material, the Commission said Tuesday...
Analysts are looking for Microsoft to this week shed more light on how it expects its fiscal 2007 spending to pay off for the company and its shareholders.
Yahoo said that it has hired a high-level researcher to beef up its social search efforts.
Skype, the mostly free voice over IP telephony company, announced on Tuesday it will release this week a Mac Skype starter kit that will include new communications software for Mac OS X 1.5.
IBM plans one day to charge for its software based on how fast it runs, not the number of processor cores on which it's running. The company announced licensing changes for its middleware Tuesday -- although the change will have no immediate effect o...
People trying to communicate across oppressive national firewalls could be interested in ScatterChat, a secure IM (instant messaging) application developed by an international group of hackers, human rights activists, lawyers and security experts.
The news that Bill Gates plans to cease being a full-time Microsoft employee in July 2008 was anything but surprising. It's been apparent for some time that Microsoft's founder and chairman (a title he will retain) is more energized by the work of th...
Tensions ran high on the second day of the Hackers on Planet Earth (HOPE) conference, as the FBI made a surprise visit to arrest one of the scheduled panelists.
Microsoft's Vista developers can't catch a break these days. After years of warnings from security researchers that old code in Windows was creating security risks, the software giant decided to rewrite key parts of the operating system.
Despite the criticism leveled at Microsoft after its recent rollout -- and partial rollback -- of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), that tool was just the first phase in the company's latest antipiracy effort.
Officials at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) acknowledge that they have failed to help Africa develop its information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure, and are looking to set up outreach efforts on the...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has agreed to buy Canadian graphics chip vendor, ATI Technologies, for about $US5.4 billion in cash and stock.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW