Just a day after unleashing spam featuring Christmas strippers, the Storm botnet has switched gears and began duping users into infecting their own PCs by bombarding them with messages touting the new year, said security researchers.
The elegant minimalism of Google Inc.'s search engine is a huge reason for its unparalleled popularity.
Microsoft posted an automated fix Thursday for a week-old crippling problem with Internet Explorer, replacing a registry hack it had offered Wednesday.
Dutch police have broken a fraud ring which siphoned off money stolen from online accounts using real customers of the ABN AMRO bank hired for the purpose.
HarperTeen, an unit of HarperCollins Publishers, Friday announced a new partnership with MySpace that aims to create a community that lets teen readers connect, interact and create their own online content.
At the upcoming CES conference in Las Vegas, one company plans to demonstrate the ability to store half a terabyte of data on a DVD disc that is made of a polymer similar to Plexiglas.
Adobe Systems patched its Flash Player earlier this week, fixing nine critical vulnerabilities that hackers could use to attack Windows, Mac and Linux machines.
Apple has filed an updated application with the US Patent & Trademark Office for a product activation and anti-piracy technology that would give the company the same kind of control over its software as the oft-criticized Windows Genuine Advantage pl...
Microsoft's Silverlight rich-media player, which the software vendor has been touting heavily since last spring, has yet to win many customers away from Adobe Systems's market-leading Flash technology since it was released in September.
Developers of open-source Samba software will find their work a little easier thanks to an agreement with Microsoft, signed Thursday, that will give them access to previously secret data on how the Windows operating system works.
A popular Apple-centric rumor Web site has shut down as part of an out-of-court settlement with Apple Inc., but the lawyer representing the blog said Thursday that it was a win for his client and a loss for the company.
A security company has identified a Trojan horse program that replaces Google text advertisements on Web pages with ads from another source, depriving Google of revenue and potentially causing problems for end users.
2007 could be called the year of the mobile operating system.
Cisco is warning that a flaw in its Firewall Services Module could result in a reload of the module, or if exploited repeatedly, could result in a sustained denial-of-service attack.
MacBook and MacBook Pro users said on Apple's support boards today that a recent update has stopped the keyboard lockups that have plagued their notebooks running Leopard.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Commercial AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- FTEAM Delivery Manager - SAPNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD