Microsoft credited antipiracy efforts for contributing to the record-breaking revenues it reported Thursday, saying that Windows Vista's more aggressive anticopying technology and a string of lawsuits have borne fruit.
French banking group Societe Generale (SocGen) has reported a £3.6 billion (AU$8.2 billion) loss due to the fraudulent actions of a rogue trader who used his "in-depth knowledge" of the bank's fraud control systems to circumvent internal checks.
Venture capital funding for networking start-ups is hard to come by these days, because investors still taking a hit from the excesses of 1999 and 2000 have limited the amount they're willing to spend on new companies in favor of later-stage players.
Spammers are using thousands of Google accounts to camouflage their scams from anti-spam filters, a security researcher said Friday. He dubbed the practice "Spam 2.0."
For the second time in two weeks, Microsoft has released a new build of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to its invitation-only group of approximately 15,000 testers, giving weight to recent speculation that the final code is close.
The nine municipal employees being fired by District of Columbia officials for using their work computers to visit an "egregious" number of pornographic Web sites each clicked on at least 20,000 porn images last year, according to the D.C. government...
Lenovo announced its intent to jump into the server business by licensing x86 server technology from IBM, helping extend its product offerings to small and medium-sized businesses.
A group of hackers calling itself "Anonymous" has hit the Church of Scientology's Web site with an online attack.
SQL Server 2008 won't be sticking to its release schedule after all.
Talk about bionic eyes and most people hearken back to the Bionic Woman or other sci-fi shows. Engineers at the University of Washington, however, say it's not all movie magic fantasy.
Google has created a real-time viewer that allows users to watch as other users around the world make changes to locations on the maps, the company announced Thursday.
Straight from CES, we have laser TVs, concept TVs, and gaming LCD TVs, as well as an onslaught of new plasma and LCD TVs ready to invade your living room. Take a look.
ERP and accounting software may be split between the big multinationals and the personal and small business desktop application, but one local company is scaling to both ends of the business spectrum.
Advanced Micro Devices gave further details of its upcoming Fusion processor, saying it will be based on the design of a microprocessor used in the desktops currently shipping to enthusiast PC users such as gamers.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTiOS and Android DevelopersSA
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW