Although Microsoft patched the ANI bug in Windows a week ago, that's not stopped attackers from boosting the number of Web sites serving exploits or tweaking exploits to make them more efficient.
Google has found an ally in the Chinese Web browser Maxthon, a partnership that could help to lift Google's fortunes in China's tough search market.
Dell has stopped selling its Axim handheld computer line, and will not discuss rumours of a gearing up to introduce a smart phone product possibly by buying Palm, according to a spokesperson.
Google's Sydney office is set to kick-start a 27 hour-long global Google Developer Day on May 31, where developers will get a chance to participate in workshops, keynotes and breakout discussions on Google's APIs (application programming interfaces).
A Chinese developer is turning back the clock with an add-on to Microsoft's Office 2007 that returns traditional menus to the suite's applications.
Seagate has launched File Recovery for Windows software, designed to recover deleted or damaged files from a Windows disk or USB stick.
The rare collaboration between search rivals Google, Yahoo and Microsoft over site maps has yielded its first result.
Microsoft is disputing reports of new three flaws in its Office software while also taking issue in how the alleged flaws were disclosed, the company said Wednesday.
Just as Microsoft omitted a patch for a two-month-old flaw in Word 2000 and 2002 from its monthly updates Tuesday, three more bugs in the company's Office suite were disclosed by a security researcher.
Web mashups are all the rage, but sometimes they enrage, as evidenced by a spat between social networking phenom MySpace and Photobucket, which runs an eponymous photo and video sharing site.
The second Windows Vista vulnerability patched in the last week may be very difficult to exploit, a security researcher said Wednesday, because of the new operating system's additional defenses.
Western Digital has introduced a new dual-drive shared network storage product for small business.
LG Electronics is teaming up with car-maker Volkswagen on a digital media player styled along the lines of the New Beetle car.
A security researcher has demonstrated that it's possible to put together a Bluetooth sniffer out of an inexpensive wireless dongle, raising fresh questions about the security of the wireless technology.
Social networking sites like MySpace and YouTube have become target internet destinations for a growing number of adults looking for help in making for purchasing decisions, according to a report released Tuesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW