Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are common in sensor devices, but Qualcomm's out to make LTE a common feature in such devices.
Nine months after it separated from HP's PC and printer group and a month after it said it would spin off its enterprise services division, HPE CEO Meg Whitman has announced yet more changes that will see CTO Martin Fink leave at the end of the year.
Red Hat on Monday rolled out a major new release to its JBoss Enterprise Application Platform that's designed to offer better support for containers and cloud-native applications.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai has become the latest tech executive to have a social media account hacked.
Google may soon be the target of a third set of charges from Europe's top antitrust authority, this time concerning the advertising services that generate the majority of its revenue.
A new ransomware program called Bart is making the rounds and locks user files in password-protected zip archives.
Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
If you're looking for a Windows alternative laptop, there's a new incentive to pick up a Chromebook: it may be able to run Android apps.
Microsoft recently paid a (very small) price for its Windows 10 upgrade tactics, and that was before they became increasingly aggressive.
Obama administration unveils new initiatives to promote global startups as Obama calls for broadband expansion and freedom of expression on the web.
After repeated attacks, the Internal Revenue Service has decided to retire a Web-based tool for obtaining PINs that taxpayers could use to file tax returns electronically.
Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Intel is considering selling its security business as the company tries to focus on delivering chips for cloud computing and connected devices, according to a news report.
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
Intel is weighing up whether to sell off its security group which is predominantly built on technologies acquired from antivirus firm McAfee, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC