To try to assess global warming's impact on the environment and see if the world faces an abrupt climate change, Zhengyu Liu, director of the Center for Climatic Research at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, is turning to supercomputing technol...
Microsoft's Windows Vista recorded about half as many vulnerabilities in its first full year of availability as Windows XP did in its opening 12 months, company security executives said Thursday.
Europe's top data protection officials are working to clarify a grey area of Internet law: the legal status of an IP (Internet Protocol) address.
Via Technologies offered the first detailed look at its upcoming Isaiah processor architecture Thursday, showcasing technological and performance improvements that will determine whether or not the company can make it as a mainstream processor vendor...
Hewlett-Packard has introduced a business desktop with a slim form factor that packs a flash-based solid-state drive, giving the system faster boot times than PCs with hard drives.
Research In Motion has released a new version of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server, along with a new social-networking client that ties BlackBerry into a growing array of collaboration applications.
HP unveiled its first mobile thin client and two additional desktop thin client products Thursday, as the vendor continues to ramp up its desktop virtualization technology following the acquisition of former competitor Neoware.
Do mobile application developers need to band together to tackle the tough issues facing them? Attendees at Sun's Java Mobile & Embedded Developer Days Conference in California on Thursday afternoon (Friday AEST) will briefly discuss this issue.
Office for Mac 2008 incorrectly assigns ownership of some files, Microsoft Corp. has confirmed, creating a potential security problem for businesses installing the new application suite.
Speculation about an imminent update to Apple Inc.'s Leopard operating system has quickened in recent days, with at least one Web site claiming the release of Mac OS X 10.5.2, the second update to Leopard since its October release, may be out as soon...
YouTube Thursday announced an expansion of its mobile applications that significantly expands the number of supported cell phone technologies that can support the viewing of its tens of millions of videos.
Australian telco gotalk has partnered with Hi Speed Internet Kiosks to provide VoIP services in major shopping centres around Australia.
Banks may be closing branches to the disgust of many customers, but for one local IT services company, a disused bank vault became the ideal secure site for a new data centre to enter the hosting market.
In a rare showing of future developments, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has announced a roadmap for its public-facing applications - from new portals to digital certificates - aimed at helping businesses and individuals fulfil their payment an...
Victorian Police along with Australian Federal Police and investigators from the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) raided several houses in Melbourne's western suburbs this week, shutting down Australia's largest ever piracy opera...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC