A University of Maryland researcher has come up with a method that he says could one day be used by companies to build nanoscale computer and mobile phone components faster and less expensively.
After being turned down earlier this year, it seems that MetroPCS is calling off its proposed marriage with Leap Wireless for good.
As many as one in six PCs may have active spyware or malware infections.
An IT manager at Intel says that the company wants to run its data centers "like an Intel factory," a strategy that includes a plan to consolidate 133 existing IT facilities into eight data center hubs.
IBM has announced a program that will make it possible for its customers to document server energy savings -- and even trade them for cash, if they want, on emerging carbon markets.
As if there weren't enough patent lawsuits flying around the telecommunications industry, Wi-LAN announced last week it has filed suit against 22 companies.
The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games' (BOCOG's) plans for a "high-tech" 2008 Olympics got off to a rocky start last week, when the online ticketing system for the games crashed under a crush of visitors shortly after tickets went on...
For the first time, Advanced Micro Devices made the top 10 list of worldwide chip suppliers because of strong semiconductor sales in the third quarter of this year.
It doesn't include planned Leopard enhancements, but Firefox developers have released an update to their open-source software, fixing bugs that had been causing the browser to crash at startup, render Web pages improperly or disable add-ons for some ...
A U.K. data recovery organization has warned Apple Macbook users that they risk potential data loss due to a design flaw on certain hard drives.
Updates issued by Apple last week did not fully solve lockup problems for some iMacs, and in some cases made the screen-freezing worse, Mac owners reported over the weekend.
The United Nations, Google and Cisco Systems have launched a Web site that will track the progress toward decreasing global poverty by 2015.
Leopard's firewall is confusing, inconsistent, switched off by default and incompatible with some applications, a security researcher said after analyzing the new security tool.
ICANN sought to allay fears that come with leadership change as it announced a new chairman for the group, replacing the charismatic Vint Cerf.
Two California men are facing 20 years in prison on charges they hacked into a California state university's PeopleSoft system to change their grades.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT