A VMWare official on Friday scoffed at Oracle's contention that its recent entry into the virtualization market performs better than "the existing leader server virtualization product."
With Advanced Micro Devices on thin ice with severe pressure from chip rival Intel and four consecutive quarterly net losses, the cash infusion by an Abu Dhabi government investment arm could help the struggling chip maker remain competitive.
Enterprises hoping to maintain tight control over future adoption of mobile technologies should open their minds and embrace the notion that consumer devices will continue to filter their way into the workplace, whether they like it or not, according...
Storm, the botnet-building Trojan horse, has come up with another twist to dupe users into infecting their PCs with malware, a security researcher said last week.
Yet another sophisticated Web-based attack against eBay and its users is being investigated by a Tel Aviv-based security vendor that discovered a similar attack two months ago involving a custom-made bot designed to steal accounts.
A rash of hypervisor virtualization announcements recently from Microsoft, Oracle and Sun signal the game is on to beat down leader VMware and jump in the corporate virtualization revolution.
Sun and a consortium of other businesses are going to lower Blackbox self-contained computing facilities into a Japanese coal mine to set up an underground data center, using up to 50 percent less power than a ground-level data center.
If you're dreading making the trek to crowded malls this holiday season, but you're not a big fan of the static Internet shopping experience, Brookstone is offering a compromise -- a 3-D virtual store that it say looks just like its physical stores.
Mobile VoIP is set to grow, but it will run over the 3G data provided by cellular handsets, rather than over Wi-Fi, according to a research report from Disruptive Analysis, which predicts 250 million users of 3G VoIP by 2012, compared with less than ...
While a majority of carriers plan on rolling out next-generation network architecture in the next five years, less than half of them say they have strategies in place to protect their NGNs, according to a new IBM survey.
Amazon.com Inc. is set to announce its e-book reader in New York on Monday, according to a published report.
An amateur cryptographer and ham radio operator in Germany thrashed the reconstructed Colossus system in a code-cracking challenge that replicated the pioneering digital computer's work in helping the British to break encrypted messages during World ...
It seems nothing can hold NASA's Mars Rovers back.
A blogger is making dormant rumors that Microsoft is looking to buy Yahoo active again after a Microsoft executive outlined plans this week for the company to improve its online search market share from about 10 percent to 30 percent.
EMC no longer refers to itself as a storage technology vendor, but rather an information infrastructure vendor.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber orders investigation into employee's charge of sexual harassment
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- SAP license fees are due even for indirect users, UK court says
- Computer crashed? You could blame forces beyond our solar system
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW