Microsoft is apparently looking to get some free advertising for Windows Vista before the OS's official consumer release on Jan. 30. The company is offering exhibitors at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) free copies of Vista to run on compu...
With Christmas fast approaching, Santa Claus reached out for a little help from Stopbadware.org this week.
What do Japanese readers search for when they turn to Google? The search engine's operator Wednesday published its top 10 search rankings for the year and revealed that generic searches outnumbered those for specific topics in 2006.
His real desk may be a mess, but Jason Clarke's virtual office is as neat as they come due to his assiduous answering, filing or deleting of the 400-plus e-mails he gets each day.
Toshiba is confident that it will beat Sony to market with consumer electronics devices packing the powerful Cell microprocessor, the head of its consumer electronics business said Thursday.
Google is offering some users of its Blogger Web site access to a new version of the blog hosting service allowing user-definable templates, tagging of posts, multiple authors, and faster publication of new posts, the company announced on its own blo...
Anti-spam blacklist service, The Open Relay Database (ORDB), has pulled the plug after five and a half years because of spammers' growing sophistication.
Hewlett-Packard moved to strengthen its line of iPAQ handhelds on Wednesday by announcing a plan to acquire Bitfone, a developer of software applications that allow cell-phone manufacturers to manage wireless mobile devices.
PC sales growth in the US sputtered to a halt in the third quarter of 2006, showing zero increase compared to last year, as vendors turned to strong overseas markets to generate revenue.
You may need at least 1GB of RAM to get Vista working properly but thanks to new NEC technology, it would be long until your PC comes laden with 10GB without the need to add extra slots.
Just 21 percent of U.S. residents believe the next Bill Gates will come from their country, according to a new survey on Internet attitudes released Wednesday.
Apple will soon be a member of the "month of bugs" club.
An alarming "new form" of cyber-extortion uncovered by security vendor Websense in recent days now looks as if it could be nothing more than an elaborate practical joke.
Microsoft has released draft application programming interfaces (API) designed to allow third-party security products to get around a contentious kernel protection technology in the Vista operating system called PatchGuard.
Badly designed Web sites may have negative effects on a user's immune, cardiovascular and nervous systems, a study says.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC