Business Week reports that third-party Japanese game publishers struggle in the burgeoning Western video game market when compared to the dominant third-party American publishers such as Electronic Arts and Activision.
Microsoft Wednesday again delayed the release of Windows Server 2008, saying development of the software could take as long as another three months beyond its previously planned December release.
As flash memory becomes cheaper, the advantages of lighter, more power-efficient and rugged SSDs make them ideal for mobile devices
Microsoft said Wednesday it will acquire a Chicago-based provider of enterprise group chat software to bolster the messaging capabilities of its Office Communications Server and Office Communicator products.
Storage remains a bear to manage -- and few signs point to significant improvement. The solution? Let someone else do it.
New York's rhinofx recently completed a major VFX project for Weinstein Company's Nanny Diaries, starring Scarlett Johansson, Laura Linney, and Paul Giamatti.
In the month of August to date, there have been 38 malicious-code attacks on instant-messaging networks, double the number experienced in July.
Nokia has launched new multimedia phones, as well as Ovi, a music and games service that spans phones and PCs. Nokia clearly hopes to the package will leave Apple's iPhone and iTunes standing, but it might cause tension with operators.
Retail point-of-sale (POS) systems pose a clear but often overlooked danger to consumer credit card data, a security researcher warned this week.
A working group set up by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to thrash out differences over proposed privacy changes to the WHOIS database stopped work last week with little real agreement on how or even whether to implem...
Microsoft Wednesday confirmed months-long speculation that the first service pack for Windows Vista will be out sometime in the first quarter next year, along with a third and final service pack for its hardy predecessor, XP.
Microsoft forced a popular alternative to Windows Update off the Internet today, sending the maker of AutoPatcher cease-and-desist e-mail. The free utility has been removed from its download site.
Microsoft said late yesterday that last weekend's failure of the anti-piracy process it requires of Windows XP and Vista was due to "human error," shouldn't be called an "outage" since the servers didn't go offline and promised changes have been made...
At one time, network storage was an expensive proposition. Iomega is aiming to shatter the preconception with its new line of Home Network Hard Drives. The drives, available in 320GB, 360GB, and 500GB capacities, set new low-water marks for network s...
An angry legal battle has broken out after an IBM server worth US$1.5 million was wrecked falling off a fork-lift truck being used to move it.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW