Mobile WiMax, hyped for years by Intel and other vendors, has turned a corner toward reality, according to industry observers.
On the heels of the posting of death threats against prominent blogger Kathy Sierra, technology publisher Tim O'Reilly Sunday released a draft code of conduct for blogging that calls for an end to anonymous comments and a commitment to online civilit...
Hardware makers in the PC industry have been working harder to make the life of an IT manager easier in recent years by ensuring the machines can be diagnosed and fixed easier, especially in times of crisis.
Microsoft Monday promised that within four weeks it will expand instant messaging on its Xbox 360 game console so that players can chat with others running Windows Live Messenger on their PCs and mobile phones.
Mozilla on Friday posted release candidate code for the newest version of its e-mail client, Thunderbird 2.0, which emphasizes message organization and support for Windows Vista.
If you bought a Windows Vista Capable PC late last year and want to move up to the Home Premium version of the Vista operating system, you may already need a hardware upgrade.
Windows Vista users are complaining on Microsoft's support forums about long start-up, shutdown and application load times compared with Windows XP.
Apple has published a firmware update for its Airport Extreme Base Station that fixes two security flaws in the Wi-Fi router.
An educational project in the U.K. is looking to combine mobile and desktop technology with classroom and real-world settings to boost young people's understanding of the world.
Intel is launching a quad-core chip for desktop gamers on Monday, continuing a barrage of new products the company has announced in the past week.
Toshiba has launched legal action in the U.S. against 17 companies that it says haven't paid the required licensing fees for DVD technology used in their products.
SanDisk and Yahoo are the latest companies attempting to take on Apple's iPod, Monday releasing the Wi-Fi-enabled Sansa Connect.
Ten days before it is due to report earnings, AMD has warned investors that it would restructure its business model in reaction to a steep drop in quarterly revenue
Apple has announced that it has sold 100 million of its iconic iPods since the popular music player's release five and a half years ago.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is considering a change in the way Internet's governing body is organized that could allow it to skirt some potential legal issues.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW