Technology and entertainment companies need to put aside past differences on how to address file-sharing using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software and work together on ways to protect digital content such as music and movies, the head of a major music lab...
Although generally known as a provider of open source development tools for Java, the Eclipse Foundation has Microsoft-style technologies, too. To this end, Eclipse has released an upgrade to its C and C++ development tools platform.
Google has improved its Google Desktop PC and Web search application by adding to it a panel that provides information from a variety of sources.
Although the reach is still limited, DSL roll outs are happening in all states, the price is dropping for regional customers and wireless is on the rise.
Sun Microsystems is releasing its digital rights management (DRM) project under an open-source license, in hopes of driving a unified standard in the technology used to project digital media such as music and movies.
Telstra plans to launch a host of new high-speed services for mobile phone users, including new video features, as part of its official 3G opening on September 5.
The long-awaited HomePlug AV specification for superfast networking through conventional electrical wiring in homes and small offices has been ratified, paving the way for products as early as next March.
Sony looked to jellybean candy for inspiration in designing its latest Network Walkman digital music players.
Oxfam International will give Coldplay fans at a Mountain View, California, concert on Friday a chance to use text messaging to sign a petition advocating changes in trade laws.
Apple Computer replaced the managing director of its China unit and made other changes aimed at increasing growth in the country, a spokesman said Friday.
Microsoft is offering an upgraded version of its ILMerge utility, which merges multiple .Net assemblies into a single assembly.
Apple has re-released a mammoth security patch after the original update broke 64-bit applications.
Whether the content streams are eventually called RSS ,Web feeds or some other name, a key design goal of the forthcoming Internet Explorer 7 is to let users easily subscribe to blogs and websites via Really Simple Syndication (RSS).
Frontier Solutions and Strategies is looking to recruit resellers to stock its new line of noise reduction headphones.
Sun Microsystems has created a new office to coordinate its open-source projects and appointed long-time technology evangelist Simon Phipps to oversee the effort.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- No building access card? No problem if you have new Def Con tools
- Twitter mulling big changes to how you view tweets
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- 3D XPoint might change computing as much as SSDs did
- Amazon and Google aren't the only ones with a delivery drone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW