Leopard introduces lots of new apps and interface features to Mac OS X. Can Vista match up?
Having established itself as the leading enterprise Linux vendor, Red Hat is in a pivotal phase of reinventing itself as a broader open-source software provider and a long-term technology leader a la Microsoft and Oracle. It's a tall order, and among...
Q1 Labs this week will unveil details around a new appliance the company says will give IT managers the event and log management capabilities they need to get and stay in compliance with regulatory requirements such as those laid out in the U.S. Paym...
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
The Storm Worm botnet network may be shrinking in size, but it has managed to send out 15 million of those annoying audio spam messages in October, according to antispam vendor, MessageLabs.
The number of pure-play network change and configuration-management vendors decreased again as EMC announced it had purchased Voyence for an undisclosed amount.
Ingrian Networks announced it has updated its DataSecure encryption appliance line most commonly used for credit-card encryption, adding the high-end 400 Series and discontinuing the 300 Series, while keeping the low-end 100 Series with enhancements.
3 Mobile and Skype unveiled a new and exclusive mobile phone that lets people make free Skype to Skype calls and send free instant messages to other Skype users across the world.
As employees struggle to read an increasing amount of work-related material, some companies have turned to RSS (Really Simple Syndication) technology to improve productivity.
Taiwan's Asustek Computer complained of a shortage of Intel central processing units (CPUs) for laptop PCs, but said it didn't expect the problem to affect its sales.
Asustek Computer's Linux-based Eee PC laptop will soon be on sale in North America and Europe, and the company plans to offer a version running Windows XP by the end of the year.
McAfee will acquire ScanAlert, a Web application security vendor, for US$51 million, the companies announced this week.
Internet startup Meebo is urging developers to create applications around its Web-based IM (instant-messaging) site, an attempt to create Facebook-like momentum.
The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a seven-year extension to an Internet tax ban, the final step before the legislation heads to President George Bush to be signed into law.
IBM and networking provider Alcatel-Lucent are teaming up to take Microsoft head-on in the unified communications market.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC