If the Internet radio with iPod port and laptop PC built for microprocessor overclocking that Asustek Computer Inc. showed off on Monday are any indication of things to come at the Computex Taipei 2007 trade show, then be prepared for a few surprises...
Toshiba will unveil in Taipei on Tuesday a slim HD DVD rewriter suitable for use in laptop computers.
SanDisk on Monday announced a pair of USB flash drives designed to offer both security and access speed to business users.
Extremely aggressive spam blasts against individual domains, dubbed "spam spikes," are on the upswing and can disrupt small and midsize businesses as much as a determined attack designed to knock a company offline, MessageLabs said Monday.
Palm's financial future looked a little more secure Monday as private-equity firm Elevation Partners said it will pump US$325 million into the mobile device manufacturer.
Proofpoint on Monday announced a version of its security offering that offers e-mail threat protection, data-leak prevention, and messaging encryption in one box.
Corporate IT operations will work to improve capacity-control systems, drive disaster recovery centralization and consistency, and bring in new technology to support the rapid growth of virtualization and personal storage systems, according to IDC's ...
Microsoft has signed another Linux distributor to a patent-licensing and collaboration deal similar to the one it struck with Novell last year.
Just a few days after the introduction of a search engine that works primarily using human labor, Google says "me too."
Microsoft shared details of its long-term security product strategy as part of its ongoing TechEd 2007 training conference on June 4, lifting the lid on plans to deliver an integrated suite of its software by mid-2009.
Microsoft revealed the official names Monday of the next major upgrades to its Visual Studio software development tools platform and its SQL Server database, which will be called, simply, Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008.
A noted security researcher Monday disclosed four new zero-day vulnerabilities in Microsoft and Mozilla's browsers, including a critical flaw in Internet Explorer (IE) and a "major" bug in Firefox.
IBM and Ricoh's InfoPrint joint venture officially opened for business Monday.
Clicking on a paid link in a results page displayed by Google, Yahoo and other search engines is two-and-a-half times riskier than using an "organic" link, McAfee reported Monday, although the percentage of dangerous sponsored links has fallen in the...
Google is making its controversial <a href="http://books.google.com" target="_blank">Book Search</a> engine available to publishers interested in putting it on their Web sites.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD