In the latest example of computer virus writers capitalizing on current events, a new e-mail worm uses fears about SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) to entice users into opening a file attachment, infecting host machines and helping spread the...
Anyone noticing an unseasonal hive of copyright compliance and antipiracy activity may perhaps take solace in a statement that discreetly eeked its way out of the Attorney General's Office on April Fools' Day.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is expected to unveil its new iPaq h2200 PDA (personal digital assistant) on May 30, according to information given by High Tech Computer (HTC), the Taiwanese company that is making the device for HP.
Nokia has agreed to acquire Eizel Technologies Inc., a privately held software company specialized in server-based products designed to transform e-mail messages, attachments, intranet applications and Web content into formats easily accessible by vi...
The final beta version of TextMaker for Linux, a new word processing program from German software producer SoftMaker, is now available as a free download from the company’s Web site.
Priced at under US$1,000, a new version of the ThinkPad notebook computer is targeted at users who are interested in switching from desktop PCs to laptop computers, but don't have much need for mobility, according to IBM.
Microsoft has posted a software patch to fix a registration glitch experienced recently by an unknown number of Office 2000 users.
Microsoft's latest security patch can cause computers running Windows XP to slow down to a crawl, affected users say.
Several months after announcing plans for a .Net IDE (integrated development environment) to compete with Microsoft's Visual Studio .Net, Borland Software elaborated this week on its intention to offer a complete suite of .Net application development...
Microsoft on Thursday will throw a party to officially launch Windows Server 2003, but once the noise dies down corporate users aren’t likely to hear the sound of footsteps scurrying to purchase the operating system.
A Swiss court has opened the path for hearings in a $US12 billion lawsuit against IBM by a group representing Gypsy victims of the Holocaust.
Dell Computer has capitalised on a shift in buying from consumers to commercial customers in the first quarter, retaking the lead in worldwide PC shipments from HP, according to research released by IDC.
Intel is again shipping its new 3GHz Pentium 4 processor, a week after it halted shipments due to the discovery of an "anomaly," an Intel spokesman said Monday.
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has sided with the recording industry in a lawsuit attempting to get Verizon Internet Services to release the name of a music downloader, the second time it has been taken to court for that purpose in recent month...
Microsoft this week will put a new face on its stack. Analysts, however, question whether the changes will be dramatic enough to inspire customers to upgrade in the immediate future.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW