How many songs have you downloaded?
Mozilla is thinking about dropping Firefox support for Apple's Mac OS 10.3, the three-and-a-half-year-old operating system also known as Panther.
XO Communications is moving beyond telecommunications services, with hopes of becoming a one-stop IT and communications provider for small and medium-size businesses.
Dell has published on its <a href="http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/21/15563.aspx" target="_blank">blog</a> the first details of what users can expect for some of its forthcoming Ubuntu Linux systems, even though the company remains coy...
Companies like Google that build their business on software such as Linux have a moral imperative to contribute back to the free software community, a prominent open-source advocate said Tuesday.
Toshiba and Tohoku University researchers have found a read head drive technology that could increase areal density five hundred percent. It could mean a 5TB 3.5-inch drive or a 1TB 2-5-inch drive, both by 2013. The highest areal density of any shipp...
The strength of the encryption used now to protect banking and e-commerce transactions on many Web sites may not be effective in as few as five years, a cryptography expert has warned after completing a new distributing-computing achievement.
All the rumors about a Google phone may be just slightly off. Rather than sell a mobile handset, Google might instead offer wireless service.
A year-old deal between Google and Dell produces search results dominated by paid ads instead of the normal links, the founder of OpenDNS said Wednesday as he called the Google tool "spyware" and claimed it degrades users' experiences on the Web.
Windows Vista's official release earlier this year may have distorted PC sales in the last six months, but it is unlikely to accelerate the market overall, a market research firm said Wednesday.
Nvidia is promoting the idea that the graphics processing units (GPUs) it makes can also operate, when needed, as additional CPUs (central processing units) to vastly increase computing power.
EMI -- the music group behind Apple's DRM (digital rights management) free iTunes -- has agreed to be bought by private equity firm Terra Firma for £3.2 billion (AUD$7.69 billion). EMI has been the subject of bid speculation for the past year as its ...
When we last left Guitar Hero, GamePro reported on Activision's plans to release a new installment of the series called Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s.
Former US cyber security tsar Andy Purdy this week warned that globalization, which is driving companies to pursue talent and lower costs around the world, has turned software development into a national security issue.
Tim Berners-Lee has been talking about the <i>next</i> World Wide Web almost since the first World Wide Web, which he's credited with inventing, took off. Indeed, Berners-Lee first articulated his vision for a next generation Web in 1998, when he cal...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA