Microsoft is planning to add the ability to develop Windows Live applications to its Visual Studio toolkit as a way to build more of a developer base for its online services platform.
The Eclipse Foundation will make available Tuesday the 1.0 release of the <a href="http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/">Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT)</a> project, featuring tools and frameworks to enhance developer productivity with the PHP scripting l...
For veteran database watchers, it may feel oddly early to hear talk of the next version of Microsoft's SQL Server database.
The US government still needs to block or impose conditions on Google's acquisition of online advertising server DoubleClick, despite Google's call for global privacy standards, three privacy groups said Monday.
Ten months ago, Intel shipped its first quad-core Xeon server processors. Last week, chip nemesis AMD finally answered back.
Microsoft last Thursday essentially called the concerns over undercover updates to Windows XP and Windows Vista a tempest in a teapot, saying that silent modifications to the Windows Update (WU) software have been a longtime practice and are needed t...
Stolen bank account numbers are commanding the highest price in an underground trade of personal details stolen by hackers, according to a survey released Monday by security vendor Symantec.
A virus though to have died out years ago is believed to have infected up to 100,000 laptops during manufacture by German vendor Medion.
Yahoo has quietly rolled out a beta version of a new social networking site called Mash that will let users to create online profiles similar to the likes of MySpace and Facebook.
A non-profit welfare group has launched a new simulation game designed to help teenagers cope with life issues.
Sony and Philips showed off some amazingly thin, flexible display prototypes recently.
A potential database breach of the online florist, Roses Only, may have resulted in the theft of sensitive information, including customers credit card details.
Sony is in talks with Toshiba to sell its advanced semiconductor production facilities for an expected 100 billion yen ($AU1.05 billion)
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project has raised the price of its XO laptop to US$188, according to an Associated Press report.
Being the first to submit popular news stories to social news sites just got easier with the release of a new Firefox plug-in by SEO company, 97th floor.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- TPICT Solutions EngineerSA