Microsoft has introduced a new line of keyboards and mice, including some with fingerprint readers that let users scan a finger instead of having to enter a log-in name and password when accessing online services or logging on to the PC.
Intel expects its first-generation WiMax chips to spawn devices for wireless broadband end users that cost less than US$200 and won't require a visit by a service provider, a company executive said Tuesday.
South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom previewed a file-sharing application for cell phones this week that will let users swap files, including ring tones, music and videos over its 3G (third-generation) network.
Australia’s fourth largest ISP, Primus Telecom, has launched a secure DSL service in the hope of boosting its credibility as a tier-one carrier. The new service will see the ISP partner with Trend Micro and Check Point to create what it claims is the...
Microsoft sees open source software as a more pervasive threat to its business than ever, threatening the company's market share and potentially forcing price cuts, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Intel outlined its plans for a dual-core mobile processor and platform technology Wednesday, but declined to provide any details about the dual-core future of its flagship Pentium 4 desktop processor.
By cutting WinFS from Longhorn and indefinitely delaying the storage system, Microsoft has also again delayed the Microsoft Business Framework (MBF), a new Windows programming layer that is closely tied to WinFS.
Sony will begin selling its first high-definition video camcorder in Japan on October 15, and worldwide by the end of the year, the company said in an announcement Tuesday. While the camcorder is compatible with Japan's HVD high-definition digital vi...
Microsoft is giving users more time to prepare for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) by doubling the time a special registry key will prevent PCs from automatically downloading and installing the mammoth update.
Intel has begun shipping samples of its first WiMax chip, called Rosedale, and the first network trials based on the technology will start next year, a senior company executive said Tuesday.
Two prominent open-source software groups have rejected a proposed technology standard backed by Microsoft that would close a loophole used to send unsolicited commercial ("spam") e-mail, citing unresolved patent and licensing issues with the standar...
Intel executives will spend part of Wednesday at the Intel Developer Forum talking about Yonah, the company's first dual-core notebook chip, said Paul Otellini, president and chief operating officer at Intel.
Intel and the PC industry are about to go through a major change in the way client computers are designed, built and marketed, said Intel President and Chief Operating Officer Paul Otellini during his introductory address Tuesday at the Intel Develop...
Samsung has stuck a hard-disk drive in its new mobile phone. The handset was unveiled at the ITU Telecom Asia event in South Korea and is the first mobile phone of its kind in the world, the company says.
Intel has begun a push to 'unwire' Australia's education sector, creating a wireless environment for 25 local universities and earmarking a further 270 in the Asia-Pacific region.
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- LG goes big on 4K TVs, announces 17 new models up to 98-inches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW