Google has joined a U.S.-based lobbying group supporting the use of the OpenDocument file format (ODF).
After a brief period of little growth this spring, The Mozilla Foundation's open-source Firefox Web browser is again gaining ground on Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE).
Intel will launch its next-generation "Conroe" chip for desktop PCs on July 27, marking the company's second step to recover from slumping sales with new products.
Dell plans to announce PC pricing changes for US small business and home users. The move is expected to shift it away from promoting inexpensive, barebone computers for that market toward more mainstream configurations that cost more.
The British Phonographic Industry is trying to enlist ISPs (Internet service providers) in its battle against illegal file sharing, a move that could allow it to target more music traders and reduce the amount of time it spends in court.
Spam volumes in Australia continue to be high, but the proportion of worldwide spam coming from Australia has dropped since the passing of the Spam Act in 2003, says the Australian government's Department of Communications, Information Technology and...
Microsoft has introduced a new program that gives system builders and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) more opportunities to sell licenses for its forthcoming Office 2007 suite to small business.
Microsoft plans to give a hacker conference in Asia an inside look at new security features on Windows Vista later this year, the organizer of the event said Tuesday.
Intel could face a new investigation over its business practices after a complaint was filed in Germany's federal cartel office last week, a spokeswoman for the office said.
Microsoft on Tuesday released its monthly round of security patches, fixing a number of widely reported bugs in its Excel and Office products.
The first beta version of the Firefox 2.0 browser could be released as soon as Tuesday, according to a note posted to Mozilla's Web site.
Freescale Semiconductor is commercially offering a new type of memory chip, in hopes of spurring the development of applications and devices that can capitalize on the inherent advantages of the technology, the semiconductor company said on Monday.
A new kind of identity theft scam, with thieves using easy-to-obtain VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) telephone numbers to trick Internet or telephone users, is beginning to pop up, said a cybersecurity vendor.
A new directory launched this month aims to provide organizations large and small with the premier business software listing service in Australia.
Yahoo is set to launch a service that helps consumers plan trips online the way they do in real life: By finding out where other people went and what they did there.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCData AnalystNSW