Intel says it has rushed introduction of a new quad-core chip originally scheduled for next year to Monday to meet demand from server manufacturers for the processor.
An 802.11g network has been launched at the Sydney Rocks area to provide free high-speed wireless Internet access to the public. Initiated and funded by the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (SHFA), The Rocks' Wi-Fi hotspot is expected to bring the ...
First it was chips, now it's LCDs . Authorities around the globe are investigating possible anticompetitive conduct in the LCD industry, according to activity at LG.Philips LCD offices.
IBM has built a prototype storage device with two partners that they claim is 500 times faster than Flash.
Wikia plans to offer a free online application hosting service in the near future, but has no idea how it will make money from it.
With its monthly security updates due out Tuesday, Microsoft has a new problem to worry about: Word flaws.
Dell added Blu-ray disc capability to its notebook PC line on Monday, making an effort to compete with Sony and Toshiba in the growing market for mobile high-definition video platforms.
The Taiwanese contract manufacturer producing PlayStation 3 game consoles saw its sales rocket to a record high in November due to the hit product.
In a bid to gain greater relevance within an increasingly young and tech-savvy congregation, some churches in North America are looking to deploy automated kiosks to collect donations from the faithful.
Westpac's Internet banking service has been offline for most of Monday morning.
Users are being advised to disable a certain type of file in Microsoft's Windows Media Player software following the discovery of a new security hole in the software.
Hackers are distributing a file that they say lets users of the corporate version of Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system get around the software's anti-piracy mechanisms.
Gamers love Sony's new PlayStation 3 for its graphic capabilities and firepower, but the advanced Blu-ray DVD drive is annoying some by raising the cost, slowing production and forcing them to buy into a format they've not yet aligned with.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) met in Sao Paolo this week and made progress on a project to expand domain names to more languages and alphabets.
Mozilla has hit an early milestone on the road to the next version of its open-source browser, but the final product is still a year away, developers say.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW