Akamai announced this week that it is expanding its Web application acceleration services to include any IP-based application, including VoIP.
Yahoo held Open Hack Day October 5 and 6 in Bangalore, India, in a bid to build an ecosystem of external developers familiar with the company's technologies.
Juniper Networks is linking its intrusion-detection platforms to its NAC gear, making it possible to restrict devices that manage to gain network access by passing health checks but then pose a threat once they are on.
VOIP provider Vonage Holdings has settled a patent dispute with Sprint Nextel by agreeing to pay Sprint about US$80 million, the two companies announced this week.
VMware announced this week it will release three software packages by the end of the year to help small and medium-size businesses take on virtualization projects.
Gateway announced this week its plans to acquire PC vendor Packard Bell for an undisclosed amount, a move funded by Acer as part of its planned acquisition of Gateway.
Facebook engineers have made it easier for developers to embed PHP by developing a PHPEmbed library.
Google and IBM have teamed up to offer a curriculum and support for software development on large-scale distributed computing systems, with six US universities signing up so far.
A malicious hacker broke into an eBay server late last week and temporarily suspended the accounts of a "very small" number of members, the company said.
The Deloitte & Touche annual survey of security practices at 169 financial institutions found that 98 per cent of them are spending more on information security this year than last year and putting a greater emphasis on IT governance.
Security software vendor McAfee will acquire SafeBoot for US$350 million in an effort to expand its large-business product line, the company announced this week.
A woman ordered to pay US$222,000 for downloading and sharing music files has decided to appeal the case.
Enterprises are not prepared for the security threats posed by Web 2.0 technologies, because they use insufficient Web filtering and have failed to train users and make employees aware of potential risks, a vendor-sponsored survey claims.
Increased computer usage and better e-mail and Web access may narrow the digital divide, although globalization critics may perceive such changes as a threat to local cultures and economies, a new Pew Research Center study suggests.
Business needs to get greener, and IT should be leading the way, according to the developer of a recently launched online media portal devoted to sustainable business.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW