Warner Music CEO Edgar Bronfman Thursday rejected in no uncertain terms Apple CEO Steve Jobs' suggestion last week that the major music label companies should abandon digital tunes copy protection.
Google has lost the services of the co-founders and top executives of dMarc Broadcasting, the radio advertising company Google acquired one year ago to push into that market.
Penn State University researchers have created technology they say can nab computer worms more quickly than traditional signature-based systems and speedily set free the traffic if it's determined to be harmless after all.
Microsoft has announced plans to open new security research centres in Europe and Asia, the first time such teams have been located outside the U.S.
Lenovo has launched three new computers into the local market tackling varied user requirements.
D-Link has released a wireless router which it claims is theoretically 14 times faster than previous offerings.
While the New South Wales state government embarks on a drawn out process to tech up its capital city, a privately-run initiative is already providing free wireless broadband to Canberra and the Gold Coast.
Sony is targeting consumers at or near retirement age with a new home audio system that pairs high-quality sound with a relatively low price and small size.
A flaw in the pop-up blocker of the open-source browser Firefox could allow an attacker to access local files, according to security analysts.
Twenty years before most scientists expected it, a commercial company has announced a quantum computer that promises to massively speed up searches and optimization calculations.
Mozilla Tuesday released the second alpha version of what will become its Firefox 3.0 Web browser. The release is the latest milestone in a plan to put the open-source browser in users' hands during the second half of the year.
Yahoo has launched a service called Pipes designed to let regular users mix different RSS and Atom feeds and create data "mashups," a process that so far has required programming knowledge.
Microsoft plans to release 12 sets of security patches next Tuesday fixing critical vulnerabilities in a number of its products, including the company's new security software.
The antivirus scanning engine used in virtually every Trend Micro product is plagued by a critical flaw that can be used by attackers to take down or hijack PCs, several security organizations said today. A patch has been issued by Trend Micro to plu...
A Chinese PC maker has introduced a low-cost PC designed for customers in rural China that can be used with a television as a display.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW