Speaking at a conference in South Korea, Eric Schmidt, the chairman and CEO of Google, ducked the question of whether his company's dominance of Internet search may ultimately distort democratic gains from improved information access. But he promised...
Microsoft has chosen what it sees as the next-generation in PC form factors -- a computer the size and shape of a coffee table with a flat, touchscreen display -- as the third major product it has designed and is branding for the consumer electronics...
The Stones' Paint It Black, Sabotage by the Beastie Boys, Cherub Rock from the Smashing Pumpkins. These are just some of the songs that will be available when Guitar Hero III hits shelves later this year.
A U.S. federal court jury has found Qualcomm infringed three Broadcom patents and awarded Broadcom US$19.6 million in damages.
A private-equity firm is reportedly seeking a buyout of Avaya, according to The Wall Street Journal.
It's been years in the making, but Microsoft's next server platform is finally in the stretch run and while it doesn't appear revolutionary, it's looking like the final release will deliver a grab bag of goodies to users looking to ease management, n...
Google has unveiled Street View, a new feature that gives a panoramic flavour to its <a href="http://maps.google.com" target="_blank">Google Maps</a> application by offering 360-degree, navigable photographic views of selected locations.
IBM said last week that it plans to build a blade server system for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). For IBM, that means customers with fewer than 1,000 employees.
IBM is promising high performance 3D graphics from a new, blade-format workstation that's remotely accessed by a thin client. Thin clients, whether in this format or as virtual machines, have previously been unable to reproduce 3D graphics or real-ti...
The measurements of a person's ring and index fingers may come in handy in the early identification of developmental disorders, career paths, and behaviourial issues such as technophobia, psychologists claim.
It's an interesting contrast: consumers are fast ditching videotape for DVDs and hard-disks but the people who make TV shows are sticking to tape for some cutting edge applications. When it comes to recording broadcast-quality HDTV today's optical di...
Microsoft has beaten its goal of shipping over a million Zune digital music players by June, according to a newspaper report.
After a break of several years Toshiba is about to introduce a laptop computer powered by an Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor.
Linux Foundation's Jim Zemlin says Microsoft's recent patent claim against Linux and the open source community is a furphy, alleging it is a delaying tactic to merely help protect its profits, according to a column penned last Friday in Business Week...
Tiny, spiral-shaped carbon tubes and fibres could give way to new kinds of components for nanoscale electronics, say researchers who are studying what has been dubbed "nanoscale spiral pasta" in the hope of developing nanoscale switching and memory s...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS