Google's Orkut social networking site appeared to have been hit by a relatively harmless worm, but one that demonstrated the continuing vulnerability of Web applications.
Mozilla released the second beta of Firefox 3 Tuesday, several days earlier than it had planned.
A team of ten MIT students powered a supercomputer for twenty minutes by pedalling bicycles. They duly claimed the world record for human-powered computing (HPC).
WorkLight Wednesday unveiled a tool that's designed to allow companies to provide employees with access to Facebook but ensure that the online social network is run behind corporate firewalls to restrict access to confidential content.
Microsoft posted the release candidate of Windows XP Service Pack 3 to its download site Tuesday, giving most users their first opportunity to try out the upgrade.
Patriot Scientific and TPL Group, co-holders of the Moore Microprocessor Patent Portfolio [MMPP], announced Tuesday that they have settled their suit for patent infringement with JVC, NEC Electronics, Panasonic, and Toshiba.
Microsoft has offered a technical work-around for Internet Explorer users who have found their browsers crashing after installing a recent set of security patches.
Silicon vendor Atheros Communications has agreed to acquire u-Nav Microelectronics, a GPS (Global Positioning System) chip maker, for approximately $US54 million in cash and stock, the companies announced after the close of trading Thursday.
Veracode launched a new version of its binary code analysis service on Monday that focuses specifically on helping software engineers find potential backdoor vulnerabilities in their programs.
Australian VoIP provider, FreshTel, has struck a new partnership with Siemens to provide consumers with an out-of-the-box IP telephony pack.
As 2008 wiggles out of the grasp of Father Time, Microsoft has its financial house decked out, with revenue up nearly 16 per cent and profits up more than 16.5 per cent in fiscal 2007.
Google is working to fix a bug in the Google Toolbar that could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software on a system, a security researcher warned Tuesday.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> Thursday released the first public beta of its <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/111207-microsoft-virtualization-server.html">virtualization technology</a>, shipping ...
Microsoft will finally be posting the release candidate of Windows XP Service Pack 3 to its download site.
The simExchange reports that neither Crysis or UT3 managed to sell more than 100,000 units in their debut last month.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg has dropped the price of a G.Skill 32GB RAM kit to $174
- Trojan source code leak poised to spur new online banking attacks
- Microsoft's Surface Book and Surface Studio will ship in more markets
- What's in Samsung's Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones?
- Privacy advocates plan to fight Congress' repeal of ISP privacy rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCICT Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCCognos Report WriterQLD
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Marketing Analyst | Immediate startVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD