Linux and open source IP telephony system, trixbox Pro, is now available in Australia and New Zealand and is being touted as an enterprise-grade phone system for between five and 500 extensions.
Skype has been forced to turn off a video-sharing feature in its software because it could be misused to launch a self-copying worm attack against Skype users, security researchers said Tuesday.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to step down from the company she has led for the past 10 years, The Wall Street Journal said Tuesday.
Juniper Networks is discontinuing its DX line of application acceleration boxes that load balance, offload processing from Web servers and guard against denial-of-service attacks.
Most of the attention paid to Microsoft's virtualization moves have focused on the server side, with its upcoming, virtualization-capable Windows Server 2008 and its stand-alone counterpart, Hyper-V Server.
The Mac is no longer immune to Windows-like software exploits, and its users should prepare for a rougher year, a report from security vendor Sophos has said.
For the second quarter in a row, the global PC processor market hit a record number of unit shipments in the fourth quarter of 2007, according to IDC. At the same time, the market research company predicts that a slowing economy will likely lead to d...
Automattic plans to boost the free storage capacity available to users of its WordPress blog-hosting site from 50MB to 3GB, according to a blog post by company founder Matthew Mullenweg.
Microsoft on yesterday dropped its prohibition on running the least expensive versions of Windows Vista in virtual machines, doubling the choices for Mac owners who run the rival operating system in VMware's Fusion or Parallels's Parallels.
Microsoft hopes to balance backward compatibility with Web standards in Internet Explorer (IE) 8 by enabling a new, optional "super standards" mode in the browser, a company official said yesterday.
A flaw in a DSL home gateway could lead broadband users to divulge personal information over the phone to someone they erroneously believe is calling from their bank, according to a group of self-styled ethical hackers.
Facebook's data protection policies are to be investigated by the U.K.'s Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), after a user complained that they were unable to fully delete their profile after terminating their account.
Open source professional services automation software, allocPSA, has had a new version release that improves usability and information management.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has handed down a final determination in relation to Telstra's pricing of its Line Sharing Service. This decision by the ACCC specifies a LSS monthly charge of $2.50 per service, and follows a...
Dell on Monday added a new series of blade products to its PowerEdge server line, expanding its presence in a market dominated by rivals IBM and Hewlett-Packard.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC