An educational project in the U.K. is looking to combine mobile and desktop technology with classroom and real-world settings to boost young people's understanding of the world.
Intel is launching a quad-core chip for desktop gamers on Monday, continuing a barrage of new products the company has announced in the past week.
Toshiba has launched legal action in the U.S. against 17 companies that it says haven't paid the required licensing fees for DVD technology used in their products.
SanDisk and Yahoo are the latest companies attempting to take on Apple's iPod, Monday releasing the Wi-Fi-enabled Sansa Connect.
Ten days before it is due to report earnings, AMD has warned investors that it would restructure its business model in reaction to a steep drop in quarterly revenue
Apple has announced that it has sold 100 million of its iconic iPods since the popular music player's release five and a half years ago.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is considering a change in the way Internet's governing body is organized that could allow it to skirt some potential legal issues.
Google issued a brief apology for using part of a software application developed by rival Sohu.com in a recently released Chinese software tool of its own.
Microsoft has acknowledged several new problems with the emergency patch it released last week to quash the Windows animated cursor file (ANI) bug and has updated a hotfix that it's telling some Windows XP SP2 users to download and install.
A court has granted Intel seven extra days to explain to a judge why it lost email records that could provide proof that the chipmaker used anticompetitive practices as alleged by AMD.
A weekend spam run tried to dupe recipients into downloading the infamous "Storm Trojan" by attaching files that posed as videos of a bogus missile strike by the U.S. against Iran, antivirus vendors said Monday.
Xbox 360 Live customers will soon be able to instant message using Windows Live Messenger over the game console, according to Microsoft.
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative will file two complaints against China with the World Trade Organization, including one accusing the country of being lax on enforcing copyright, it announced Monday.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Intel hung on to its position as number-one semiconductor vendor by revenue in 2006, despite a 12 per cent revenue decline over the previous year, according to a Gartner report.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW