With a show of hands, French lawmakers approved a new copyright law on Friday, in a move that could have profound consequences for online music stores, open-source programmers, desktop Linux users and P-to-P (peer-to-peer) file sharers.
Security analysts have detected a new piece of malware that appears to run as a Microsoft program used to detect unlicensed versions of its operating system.
The online photo-sharing Web site Shutterfly announced Thursday that it plans to raise funds through an initial public offering (IPO) of company stock.
Microsoft is facing a class action suit over a tool that gathers data on a user's computer in an effort to detect bootlegged copies of its Windows operating system.
A Massachusetts Senate committee released a report Thursday criticizing the state's Information Technology Division (ITD), claiming that its "unilateral" plan to move all state employees to use software that reads and writes files in the OpenDocument...
Google can use any criteria it wishes to rank websites, including downgrading competitors, a lawyer for the search giant has told a US federal judge.
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE), the world's largest chip assembly company, on Thursday said operations at a factory damaged by fire last year are recovering, and the company has finalized an payment plan with a group of insurers.
Apple Computer has found problems with some of its stock option grants made between 1997 and 2001, one of which was to Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs, the company disclosed on Thursday.
Google's French subsidiary has lost its appeal in a trademark case brought by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, which complained that advertisers were using its name unfairly to sell goods online.
Yahoo agreed to compensate advertisers for click fraud dating back to January 2004 as part of a settlement agreement in a class action lawsuit, the search company said on Wednesday.
Two US men have been sentenced to prison terms for their participation in online software piracy, the US Department of Justice (DOJ) announced late Wednesday.
Google, typically tight-lipped about the technology behind its data centers, builds its own servers to save costs and because standard products don't exactly meet its needs, Google's senior vice president of operations said on Thursday.
Office 2007 has hit another delay and will now probably ship a few months later than previously expected, Microsoft said Thursday.
Microsoft today posted a mildly revised and more secure Beta 3 version of Internet Explorer 7 free for public download.
A Microsoft technology evangelist has left after 15 years with the company to go work for archrival Google, continuing a string of high-profile personnel changes at Microsoft this month.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW