Fingerprint access systems are currently being trialled at a number of Australian sites including the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Ernst & Young and TAFE.
Coles Myer has acquired online grocery retailer Shopfast in a deal that will make it Australia’s largest online food retailer.
Automatic software security measures can ensure malicious executable and program files such as that in the latest W32/Palyh-A e-mail worm do not make it into users’ inboxes, a security expert claims.
Web site Puretunes.com has joined the ranks of Web sites taking advantage of the willingness of Spanish authors' and performers' rights societies to sign deals allowing unlimited downloads of digital music.
Hewlett-Packard Co. beat analyst expectations on Tuesday, helped by profits from its printing, PC, and services divisions
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday unveiled a new version of its Visio diagramming tool that aims to enable corporate users to take better advantage of traditional Office desktop applications and also connect desktop users with server-based line-of-business ...
Microsoft Corp. has allied with antivirus vendors Network Associates Inc. and Trend Micro Inc. to form the Virus Information Alliance, an initiative to keep users better informed about virus threats to Microsoft products.
IBM Corp. will release three new desktop PCs Wednesday based on new Intel Corp. technology in a bid to stimulate enterprise PC buying, the company said.
Poor old Stephen Dendtler - aka the Optus hacker - who is being held up as an example of the government's tough new computer crime laws.
Australia's consumer watchdog and other global agencies have appealed to Internet service providers (ISP) to block spam.
Pioneer Corp. is leading a radical shift in the optical storage market, broadening its support for DVD rewritable standards, with consumers coming out the winner.
Niche browser maker Opera Software AGA of Norway has released a new version of its Web software aimed at improving the Internet messaging and surfing experience of Linux users.
Sega Corp. Monday reported an annual net profit for the first time in five years, despite its struggling consumer software business.
In a deal that brings together companies that Linux backers consider bogeymen, The SCO Group announced Monday it has shook hands on a licensing agreement with Microsoft Corp. over SCO's Unix operating system.
Roxio Inc. snapped up online music subscription service Pressplay for cash and stock estimated at US$39.5 million on Monday, in a step aimed at launching a new online service under the Napster brand.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW