Microsoft's software security team is examining a new flaw in Word but is uncertain when it can release a patch for the vulnerability that opens a gateway for hackers to grab control of a victim's computer.
Symantec customers who have not updated their antivirus software are being targeted by a self-propegating worm, the company said Friday.
Apple has produced another "update" for its AirPort wireless networking system, claiming it improves compatibility between its laptops.
Google has released a customized version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) browser in which Google, not Windows Live Search, is the default search engine.
In an effort to duck criticism that its remote controllers can fly across the room when wrist straps break, Nintendo is offering free replacements for that part of its new Wii video gaming console.
Google Friday is adding a domain registration service to its collection of online communications tools that include e-mail, instant messaging and calendaring.
Symantec customers who have not updated their antivirus software are being targeted by a self-propagating worm.
Internode has announced a new international link that is expected to boost its network capacity to the US by 40 per cent. The link will be provided by Australia-Japan Cable (AJC), and will run in conjunction with Internode's current fibre-optic link ...
A former Chinese national is facing U.S. federal charges of stealing trade secrets from a Silicon Valley company and selling them to foreign governments.
Users of Symantec Veritas NetBackup software are being advised to immediately update their systems with newly-created patches that repair several serious security vulnerabilities that could allow remote intruders to gain access to affected systems an...
Qantas may be flying high following its proposed $11b takeover by Macquarie Bank and Texas Pacific Group, but faulty server hardware on its Web site has ensured it has come crashing down to reality.
After watching its market share for the North American desktop PC market slip in a soft third quarter, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will seek greater profits in 2007 through a new family of quad-core server chips and its acquisition of graphics chip ...
Microsoft has released a patch for Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) that will boost the brand-new browser's performance on some Web sites.
Microsoft Thursday released an update to Windows Vista that will shut down unauthorized versions of the OS that allow users to skip the product's activation system.
As e-commerce companies tackle increased traffic and an uptake in Web-site demand during the holiday season, they also might want to consider whether their DNS servers are configured properly.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC