One month after Microsoft released a beta version of its new antispyware software, security researchers at Sophos say they have detected the first malware program that seeks to attack it.
Acer has announced record notebook sales for January across Australia and New Zealand.
RealNetworks has changed its mobile licensing model to provide more flexibility to handset manufacturers and allow software components like RealAudio and RealVideo to be licensed separately, it announced Wednesday.
Microsoft at the VSLive Conference here in San Francisco this week is touting PC clients and its upcoming Visual Studio 2005 Team System development platform.
Internet service providers may be used to dealing with customer frustration over spam, but mobile phone operators may have it worse. Cell phone users are more likely to blame their operators for unsolicited text messages, and even cancel contracts, a...
Symantec has issued patches to fix a "high impact" security hole that affects almost every product it currently sells.
A U.S. district court judge on Wednesday praised Microsoft for efforts to improve technical documentation for its communications protocols, but questioned the effect in the marketplace of her final judgment in the U.S. government's antitrust case aga...
Microsoft on Tuesday released near final versions of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
If you've ever had a credit card purchase mysteriously rejected only to discover later that the bank thought you were a fraudulent user, you may appreciate an effort by MasterCard International to use SMS (short message service) to streamline the pro...
Malicious code that can take advantage of a newly disclosed hole in Microsoft's MSN Messenger instant messenger (IM) program has been published on the Internet. The publication of the code could set the stage for a possibly virulent IM worm or virus,...
For all the hoopla, attention, fame and money of the past year, Google is very aware of many areas in which it needs to improve.
Oracle on Wednesday showed off a test version of a plug-in for Visual Studio .Net 2003 that allows developers using the Microsoft tools to build applications that can run on the Oracle 10g database.
Now that Carly Fiorina is leaving the helm, the survivors at Hewlett-Packard must decide how to move forward with a company that analysts feel is either weighed down by low-margin businesses or missing opportunities to reach customers.
Hewlett-Packard announced Wednesday that its board of directors has dismissed Carly Fiorina as the company's chairman and chief executive officer (CEO).
The IT job market last year was the strongest of 21 industry sectors surveyed, with a particular increase in vacancies for graduates, according to an index released on Monday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW