Google, typically tight-lipped about the technology behind its data centers, builds its own servers to save costs and because standard products don't exactly meet its needs, Google's senior vice president of operations said on Thursday.
Office 2007 has hit another delay and will now probably ship a few months later than previously expected, Microsoft said Thursday.
Microsoft today posted a mildly revised and more secure Beta 3 version of Internet Explorer 7 free for public download.
A Microsoft technology evangelist has left after 15 years with the company to go work for archrival Google, continuing a string of high-profile personnel changes at Microsoft this month.
Innovation is not necessarily about new inventions, but is more about finding beneficial applications, according to an Intel executive addressing The Venture Forum conference.
Ending more than a year of speculation and rumours, Google plans to release, on Thursday, its much-awaited online payments system, likely surprising many because its reach will extend farther than previously thought.
A Taiwan court has barred a local manufacturer of continuous ink supply systems from producing models for Seiko Epson printers after receiving a petition from the Japanese company.
Frustrated with what he calls a lack of response from Microsoft and Amazon.com, a security researcher has gone public with details of flaws on the two companies' Web sites.
Looking to increase adoption of its Flex rich Internet application development technology, Adobe Systems released its Flex 2 product line on Wednesday, which features free versions and the ability to push data to clients.
Spam is again on the rise, led by a flood of junk images that spammers have crafted over the past few months to trick email filters, according to security vendors.
Google plans to begin testing publicly this week its much-awaited GBuy service, letting users and company-watchers finally see how the company plans to attack the online payments market, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Microsoft is hoping to fire up a community of developers on a code-sharing forum the company has been testing since May but has now offvialy rolled out.
Google will try to convince a judge on Friday to dismiss a lawsuit that challenges the heart of the company's business: its methods for indexing and ranking Web pages.
Reader's Digest Australia is replacing its mainframe-based workflow systems with a new Web-based .Net platform.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), backed by a group of online leaders, released a document on Tuesday describing best practices for developing Web pages that can be displayed properly on small, mobile devices.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW