Apple kicked off the month in which it plans to launch its new Mac OS X 10.5, "Leopard", by reminding users that the beta license for Boot Camp -- the utility that runs Windows XP or Vista on an Intel Mac -- will expire as soon as the new operating s...
A roadblock that reportedly could have held up a key wireless LAN standard seems to have been cleared now that the CSIRO has responded to the IEEE standards body.
Toshiba plans to begin selling televisions with OLED (organic light-emitting diodes) screens as soon as panels are ready, according to a company spokeswoman.
Messaging vendor PostPath Monday added a variety of client options and upgraded the mobile support in its Linux-based replica of Microsoft Exchange server.
Apple's share of computers connected to the Internet climbed to a new record last month, with about 6.6 percent of all those online running Mac OS X, a market research firm reported Tuesday.
Qualcomm has licensed 3D graphics core technology from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), for integration with Qualcomm's wireless chip sets for mobile gaming devices.
Samsung Electronics and audio product maker Bang & Olufsen on Tuesday unveiled their latest joint music-mobile phone, Serenata, which holds 4GB of songs and has a number of other music features similar to the iPhone.
Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry were unwilling vectors of a massive spam campaign last month, in which naked pictures of the two actresses obfuscated a Trojan payload.
Ask Adobe Systems' CEO Bruce Chizen about the state of relations between his company and Microsoft, and he finds it hard not to smirk.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
The latest version of Yahoo's search engine senses when people are trying to find the right keywords and offers suggestions, an improvement the company says reduces "search fatigue."
NSW reseller Base IT has signed signature-free and scan-free virus protection from Sana Security to plug a hole in its security portfolio.
Global chip sales soared in August, indicating makers of electronic devices such as PCs, iPods and mobile phones expect the holiday season to be strong this year.
Nokia has agreed to buy the digital mapping company Navteq for US$8.1 billion, supporting a plan to add navigation capabilities to more of its devices.
The number of e-mails containing malicious software is increasing, according to recent statistics released by IT security and control firm Sophos.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC