The idea that cybercriminals stockpile exploits, then time their release to do the most damage gives them too much credit, a security researcher said Friday.
A hacker successfully attacked a Web page within Microsoft Corp.'s U.K. domain on Wednesday, resulting in the display of a photograph of a child waving the flag of Saudi Arabia.
3Com Friday said it would execute an IPO of common stock of its wholly owned subsidiary, TippingPoint.
Advanced Micro Devices said Friday that it will start shipping quad-core versions of its Opteron microprocessor in August and that it expects hardware vendors to follow in September with servers based on the new chips.
Participants made good progress discussing changes to Internet governance during an Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meeting in Puerto Rico that closed on Friday, leaders of the organization said.
Always ready to hitch their creations to current pop-culture events, malware writers have developed a new worm just in time for the release of the latest "Harry Potter" movie and novel.
As hundreds lined up in front of the Apple Inc. store in midtown Manhattan cheered, the first buyers of the long-awaited, <a href="http://www.apple.com/iphone/">much-coveted iPhone</a> emerged, holding small black bags over their heads.
A British payroll company that lost a laptop containing the identities of 500 people has denied that Prince Charles, Duke of Wales, was among those whose personal information was on the computer.
Overall, the new US$600 iPhone appears to be a major advance in the state-of-the-art of 21st century gadgetry. But in one glaring area -- e-mail -- Apple's new smartphone appears downright retro.
A new round of greeting card spam that draws users to attack sites relies on a sophisticated multi-pronged, multi-exploit strike force to infect machines, security professionals said late Thursday.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
Push e-mail provider Visto says it will be able to send enterprise e-mail to iPhones starting later this year.
Maporama International, a French location services company, has partnered with Microsoft to use its Virtual Earth mapping and satellite imagery, the companies said on Thursday.
An anonymous blog post is generating heated discussion for its purported insider's view of the work culture at secretive Google -- and why life at the Googleplex may not be as glamorous as it is generally portrayed to be.
A state judge in California on Thursday dismissed charges against the three remaining state criminal defendants in the Hewlett-Packard spying case.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT