After years of development and preparation, the KDE open source desktop community celebrated the much-anticipated version 4.0 release this month, but the word among the project's leaders is version 4.1 will only be a further six to nine months away.
Valentine's Day is less than a month away, and already the special messages are flowing in. But before you click on an e-mail from a secret admirer, security vendors are warning that a new variant of the storm worm is taking advantage of star-crossed...
Sun Microsystems plans to discontinue its Sun Java Studio Enterprise and Sun Java Studio Creator developer tools and encourage users to move to the NetBeans IDE, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft has tapped a former executive at Walt Disney to fill its CIO position, a move that shows the company continuing to fill top executive positions from outside the company.
The US space program should look to collaboration and open systems to drive the next wave of human exploration and innovation, Google Chairman and CEO Eric Schmidt said Thursday.
Researchers in the UK have developed software that loads camera phones with mouse capabilities, allowing users to swivel a camera phone to scroll or move items on a PC screen.
A new study on Vista adoption shows that the year-old Microsoft operating system may be finding a groove with business users even though more than 50% said they are not testing or evaluating the software.
Equipment vendors are quietly working on a WiMax technology that could challenge options for cellular telecoms networks, by allowing the technology out of its small spectrum "ghetto," into the main 3G band due to be allocated this year.
Internet television network Revision3 is launching The Digg Reel, a new weekly show that will highlight the most popular videos submitted to Digg.com.
Fact met fiction Wednesday when a Hollywood actor and director sat down with two MIT physicists to compare the reality of teleportation to the special effects version in the upcoming movie, Jumper.
Cisco Wednesday released its first new security alert of the year: a warning that its Cisco Unified Communications Manager - formerly CallManager - contains a heap overflow vulnerability in the Certificate Trust List that could allow a hacker to caus...
Secunia has found that the number of security bugs in the open source Red Hat Linux operating system and Firefox browsers far outstripped comparable products from Microsoft last year.
Microsoft has warned corporate administrators that it will push a new version of Internet Explorer 7 their way next month, and it has posted guidelines on how to ward off the automatic update if admins want to keep the older IE6 browser on their comp...
Security researchers marked the one-year anniversary of the botnet-building Storm Trojan Thursday by disagreeing on its impact and arguing over whether it's an important landmark on the security landscape.
People who prefer Apple's Macintosh computers over PCs have long been considered to be on the artsy, hip end of the personality spectrum -- and now a study proves that "Mac people" indeed are more liberal and open-minded than average folks.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW