A Microsoft technology evangelist has left after 15 years with the company to go work for archrival Google, continuing a string of high-profile personnel changes at Microsoft this month.
Innovation is not necessarily about new inventions, but is more about finding beneficial applications, according to an Intel executive addressing The Venture Forum conference.
Ending more than a year of speculation and rumours, Google plans to release, on Thursday, its much-awaited online payments system, likely surprising many because its reach will extend farther than previously thought.
A Taiwan court has barred a local manufacturer of continuous ink supply systems from producing models for Seiko Epson printers after receiving a petition from the Japanese company.
Frustrated with what he calls a lack of response from Microsoft and Amazon.com, a security researcher has gone public with details of flaws on the two companies' Web sites.
Looking to increase adoption of its Flex rich Internet application development technology, Adobe Systems released its Flex 2 product line on Wednesday, which features free versions and the ability to push data to clients.
Spam is again on the rise, led by a flood of junk images that spammers have crafted over the past few months to trick email filters, according to security vendors.
Google plans to begin testing publicly this week its much-awaited GBuy service, letting users and company-watchers finally see how the company plans to attack the online payments market, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Microsoft is hoping to fire up a community of developers on a code-sharing forum the company has been testing since May but has now offvialy rolled out.
Google will try to convince a judge on Friday to dismiss a lawsuit that challenges the heart of the company's business: its methods for indexing and ranking Web pages.
Reader's Digest Australia is replacing its mainframe-based workflow systems with a new Web-based .Net platform.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), backed by a group of online leaders, released a document on Tuesday describing best practices for developing Web pages that can be displayed properly on small, mobile devices.
Free software campaigner Richard Stallman said French youth should protest against a draft law on copyright that will be voted on Friday.
Kaspersky Lab has released important details of the inner workings of the nasty Gpcode.ag "ransom" Trojan that appeared in early June.
Responding to pressure from irked Windows users, Microsoft on Tuesday released an updated version of its antipiracy program that changes the frequency with which the program checks for pirated or counterfeit copies of its client operating system.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT