Nuance Communications has launched a system that will improve the text-to-speech and speech recognition abilities of mobile devices.
Adelaide Bank will deploy new transaction monitoring software to assist in detecting high-risk online transactions thereby reducing losses due to fraud.
The social networking site MySpace.com is under what one computer security analyst calls an "amazingly virulent" attack caused by a worm that steals log-in credentials and spreads spam that promotes adware sites.
Penn State researchers have figured out a way to help computers describe photographs using 330 English words, a breakthrough that could make it much easier to tag and search for images online.
Washington's attorney general has settled the first case prosecuted under the state's 2005 Computer Spyware Act.
Microsoft plans to release its first suite of Web and graphic design software by mid-2007, putting it into head-to-head competition with graphics kingpin, Adobe Systems.
McAfee this week plans to announce the second version of its corporate client security software, Total Protection, a combination of antivirus, antispyware, host-based intrusion-prevention and network access-control policy-enforcement agent.
Microsoft and Novell have wasted little time in demonstrating there is real work being done as part of their recent Linux interoperability pact. Just a month after the historic deal between the companies, Novell said Monday it will support the propri...
Semiconductor manufacturer, LSI Logic, will acquire Agere Systems, creating a combined chip-making company with enough scale to compete for greater market share in segments including hard disks and digital media players.
Thursday was finally Windows Vista launch day. But though banners were flying in downtown Manhattan on the big day, celebrating the launch of Vista, Office 2007 and Exchange 2007, CEO Steve Ballmer made it clear that the company is anxious to move on...
The CSIRO is claiming to have developed high-speed wireless technology capable of transmitting data faster and more efficiently than previous methods.
Advanced imaging software and 3-D X-ray tomography have finally let scientists create the most detailed reconstruction yet of a 2,100-year-old astronomical calculator.
The question of whether machines will be capable of human intelligence is ultimately a matter for philosophers to take up and not something that scientists can answer, an inventor and a computer scientist agreed during a debate night at the Massachus...
Are bullies over on Second Life kicking virtual sand in your face because you don't have hundreds of hot friends on your MySpace or Facebook page?
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Nvidia as part of an antitrust investigation into the market for graphics processors and graphics cards.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCService DeskWA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW