Sony initially targeted July for shipping its Blu-ray Disc player, the US$999 BD-SP1. That date shifted by a few weeks into August, reportedly to coincide with the company's launch of its 1080p. Now, Sony's site is reporting a ship date "on or about ...
Advanced Micro Devices will open a US$3.2 billion chip fabrication plant in New York State to produce 300-millimeter wafer chips, said the company Friday in a joint announcement with New York state officials.
A security analyst has released a tool that lets users remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification, part of Microsoft's controversial campaign against software counterfeiting.
TorrentSpy named the hacker who it claims broke into its computer systems on behalf of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), as part of a legal request that would force the MPAA to turn over documents stolen from the Internet file-searchi...
University researchers in the U.K. will study how to make future microprocessors faster by replacing some of their internal connections with radio links.
Users of P-to-P (peer-to-peer) file-sharing services may be sharing more than they bargained for, a former White House cybersecurity advisor warned Thursday.
A new online service from Ingenio ets experts field queries from advise-seekers, manage appointments and charge for their services.
A free Web browser that bills itself as a tool for privacy protection is, in fact, a click-fraud engine for pornographic Web sites, security vendor Panda Software warned Friday.
A suit against AT&T over alleged cooperation with government wiretapping should be dismissed because hearing it would mean exposing information that would help Al-Qaeda, the U.S. Department of Justice argued Friday in federal court in San Francisco.
Microsoft wants to expand its relationships with telecommunications operators as part of a plan to win more consumer business by bundling software and other products with telecom services, according to a company executive.
Intel is now making more than half of its PC and server microprocessors using 65-nanometer technology.
Toshiba will launch the first HD DVD recorder next month in Japan, it said Thursday.
There is no need for companies to fear the use of instant messaging by their employees, the head developer of the Trillian IM client said Thursday.
United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second largest contract chip maker, said Thursday it's seeing strong demand from a variety of customers for production of chips with feature sizes as tiny as 65 nanometers.
Google is testing an ad model that in theory isn't vulnerable to click fraud, a serious problem that some believe puts in danger Google's main source of revenue: search engine-based advertising.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC