Philippe Starck, the French designer who champions simplicity over form, has proclaimed Amazon's Kindle e-book reader "almost modern" but "a bit sad."
Sales of Asustek Computer's Eee PC have soared in its first few months on the market, but success may be its undoing. Rivals are already developing products to compete with the low-cost laptop PC, market researcher Gartner says.
In a year that has seen bullying in blogs, pedophiles on MySpace and an ongoing privacy backlash against Facebook, it was appropriate that this year's Le Web 3 conference started Tuesday with a panel discussion about the "dark side" of Web 2.0.
Using a Cisco TelePresence videoconferencing system to communicate live with IT leaders in other cities, CEO John Chambers kicked off Cisco's annual analyst conference this week.
Dell on Tuesday made its first foray into the tablet PC market, unveiling the 3.5-pound, 12.1 inch Latitude XT.
Mozilla said developers have handed off the second beta of Firefox 3.0 to internal testing, and will ship the next preview of the open-source browser before the end of the year.
Microsoft has released its monthly set of security patches, fixing critical flaws in the Windows desktop.
The NSW Department of State and Regional Development (DSRD) has announced the launch of Embedded Systems Australia (ESA), a joint venture aimed at fostering the development of local embedded computer systems for local and export markets.
Symantec's holiday spam listing is seeing an increase in threats which capitalise on the concept of a trusted source or Web site.
Samsung Electronics has launched a micro educational Web site as part of an effort to jump-start the stagnant solid-state drive business.
Microsoft has posted a detailed account of the changes to Windows Vista in the service pack it is scheduled to roll out as a public beta this week.
Employees doing their online holiday shopping at work could put their companies' IT systems at risk, according to a survey conducted by RT Strategies for the Business Software Alliance (BSA), an industry trade group.
Microsoft rolled out a limited beta of its Live Office Workspace file-sharing and collaboration service Monday but will not open it to all comers for at least several weeks, and perhaps months.
It probably doesn't give security managers much comfort to hear that the majority of internal employees that pose a significant threat to network security are well-meaning, innocent offenders -- as opposed to those with malice on the mind.
Web applications security testing specialist Cenzic announced the latest version of its flagship scanning platform on Monday, adding new capabilities for inspecting programs utilizing virtualization technologies made by VMWare.
HP OfficeJet is fast, reliable and budget-friendly for your business. Read the review to find out more!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk Support Analyst x3QLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC