Some libraries are choosing to pay to have their content digitized by the Open Content Alliance rather than having it scanned for free by Google or Microsoft, which refuse to allow access to the materials by rival search engines.
Clearspring Technologies Monday announced the release of Launchpad, a set of tools that will let developers convert Web sites to widgets that can be posted on social networks, blogs or other Web sites.
Remember the last time you were stuck in traffic?
Taking a page from major enterprise software providers like Oracle and SAP, Microsoft announced this week Business Ready Customer Care, an initiative that includes major enhancements to its maintenance and support program for Microsoft Dynamics, ERP ...
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has released an IPV6 fact sheet to provide an explanation of the protocol upgrade for a non-technical audience in the hope of enlarging public understanding surrounding this and related ...
The creators of APE denied that their application-enhancement framework is responsible for blue-screening Macs being upgraded to Leopard. Apple, however, blamed the software in a support document advising users to delete APE from their machines.
A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard reported that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up, showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of death."
New research shows that technology professionals this year earned about 5 percent more in wages during the third quarter than they did during the same period in 2006.
IBM bolstered its line of storage products and services by acquiring NovusCG, a provider of consulting as well as software for storage analysis and reporting.
In the six months since Microsoft announced Unlimited Potential, a company-wide plan to help bring technology skills and resources to developing countries to foster social and economic growth, it has been building programs and testing products around...
SourceForge has forged a name for itself as the one-stop shop for downloading open source software. Now it looks like it is heading to mega market status, adding services to its suite, with the recent Beta launch of Source.Forge.net Marketplace.
Microsoft updated a security advisory that addressed a broad flaw in Windows and said it is working around the clock to fix the bug. But it may be too late for many. Security researchers said hackers had amped up attacks using malicious PDF files tha...
One nanotechnology researcher said supercomputers small enough to fit into the palm of your hand are only 10 or 15 years away.
For the second time in eight days, new critical vulnerabilities that could be used to hijack machines have been fingered in the RealPlayer media player. The patched editions released last week for Windows, however, are not vulnerable to the half-doze...
Even pouring rain and gusty winds didn't stop the Mac faithful from turning out for the release of Apple's Mac OS X "Leopard" at the Apple Store in New York's SoHo neighborhood.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook plans new data center in Denmark
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT