Tuesday's update to Windows Vista's PatchGuard, a kernel-protection scheme designed to keep malicious or unproven code at arm's length, had nothing to do with recent hacks of another Vista defense, Microsoft said today.
There is 17% more spam heading for in-boxes today than there was yesterday, and spam watchers say it could get even worse before the summer is over.
IBM is extending its support for Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system to cover more of its x86 servers and blades, the two vendors announced Thursday.
Skype is experiencing software problems that have disconnected service for millions of users.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
Video will drive a 21 percent compound annual growth rate in business IP traffic across WANs from 2006 to 2011, according to a forecast on global IP traffic released this week by Cisco.
RingCube Technologies has launched software that lets you package an entire corporate PC desktop as a single, self-contained, managed software image that can be downloaded over the Internet or run from a USB storage device.
As the global economy continues to go through a green revolution, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) announced ICT use by local businesses generated 7.94 million tonnes of carbon dioxide in 2005, which is on a par with the civil aviation and metal...
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi told Famitsu magazine of Japan that he expects Gran Turismo 5 to launch by next summer.
Microsoft announced on Monday that it would soon allow MMO developers to require hard drive space when playing games on Xbox 360 despite the console maker's previous denial of such claims.
Rumors of an imminent Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) roll out have been blamed on a typo in an official Microsoft e-mail.
A U.S. student who revealed a weakness he had discovered in MySpace has had his profile removed from the social-networking site.
Lime Wire, maker of the controversial LimeWire file-sharing software, plans to go legit with a new music download service.
Customer satisfaction levels at Dell have fallen again, according to a customer satisfaction survey.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
- GE, Bosch and open source could bring more IoT tools
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
- Forget the robocalypse -- 'Homo connecticus' may be what's coming
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT