Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
Microsoft's Windows Home Server developers have been inundated with bug reports on the under-construction consumer server software, which -- when it was announced in January -- was expected to ship mid-year.
A just-disclosed bug in Windows Vista's built-in e-mail program can be used by hackers to run malicious code on a victimized PC, said a researcher Friday who two weeks ago touted an exploit-for-sale service.
Yahoo Thursday updated its free Widget software and touted the program's new automatic updating feature and its lighter appetite for RAM.
Maybe that old saw was right; there really is an easy mark born every minute. And in this case 23 of them.
Palm said Thursday it hit a company record for its smart phone sales in its third quarter, the reverse of Wednesday's negative news from handset maker Motorola.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Thursday welcomed a decision by a federal judge to overturn a 1998 law that made it a crime for Web sites to offer sexually explicit material that could be accessed by minors.
Microsoft Thursday blamed Xbox Live network account hacks on users' gullibility, but evidence shows that in some cases the gaming service's own support staff could be unwittingly helping hackers snare players' identities.
Engineers at Sun are eyeing May for the release of a 1.0 version of JRuby, which provides a Java implementation of the Ruby language.
A research team of electrical and computer engineers in the U.S. is taking a new approach to electronics that harnesses the spin of an electron to store and process information. Dubbed 'spintronics', the new technology is expected to one day form a b...
It's not like he needs it to beef up his resume, but the world's richest college dropout is finally getting his degree.
News Corp. and NBC Universal will challenge Google's YouTube for online eyeballs and advertising dollars by launching a video-streaming Web site by the third quarter, News Corp. announced Thursday.
A Microsoft executive Wednesday said Windows Vista's first 90 days was a huge security success when compared to the opening three months of Windows XP, the current Apple Mac OS X, and three flavours of Linux.
VOIP capabilities within Office Communicator Server 2007 from Microsoft can offer significant business advantages for corporations, but it's not all plug-and-play yet.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT