Microsoft announced this week a free online storage, file sharing and collaboration service designed for users of its Office application suite, its latest move to tie desktop software to the Internet.
Mobile phone giant Nokia has launched a new version of its e-mail client for business customers using Microsoft's Exchange mail server.
Palm hasn't yet managed to turn around its declining fortunes, posting a quarterly net loss of US$840,000 this week.
Adobe Systems this week released updates for key developer technologies to a newly revamped developer site called Adobe Developer Connection, part of a larger strategy to promote its vision for taking rich Internet applications to the desktop through...
A woman from New York sued Apple last week over the iPhone, saying that the company broke several laws when it cut the price of the device last month by US$200 and then issued a US$100 credit to some owners.
As business users turn to high-performance hardware, IBM is adding features to its high-performance file systems to help push supercomputing more into the mainstream.
Cisco Systems is close to buying a company that makes WiMAX base stations, according to an industry report. The move would be Cisco's first foray into the wireless technology.
A new open source player called Projity is advertising its desktop software as a "complete replacement" for Microsoft Office Project, but analysts say it faces a tough road in its bid to win a large chunk of the project management market.
Scientists at Carnegie Mellon University have developed an online game designed to teach Internet users about the dangers of phishing.
MTV's multiplayer blog has revealed the price of the much-anticipated "Rock Band" game, and it is cheaper than many expected.
Handset maker HTC (Hi-Tech Computer) Monday unveiled its hotly-anticipated Shift UMPC (ultra-mobile PC), along with details of when it will be launched in the UK. The HTC Shift will run Windows Vista and will have a 7in widescreen display. The screen...
Almost lost in the hubbub over last Thursday's iPhone firmware update and whether it would "brick" unlocked phones was the fact that Apple patched 10 vulnerabilities -- twice the number of fixes issued since the phone's June debut.
The popular DS handheld has surpassed 50 million in worldwide sales says Tech.co.uk; nearly as fast as Apple sells iPods.
Sony unveiled the world's first OLED (organic light-emitting diode) television on Monday, pushing the limits of thin-screen displays further than ever before.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW