Kaspersky Lab next week will announce new software to protect smart phones from viruses, as well as new bundles of its security software to protect devices on business networks.
A project unveiled this week at DEMO 07 by Alcatel-Lucent will let enterprise network administrators reach out and touch corporate laptops anytime, anywhere.
The honeymoon ended early for Microsoft's Vista operating system, after word spread Wednesday about a flaw that could allow remote attackers to take advantage of the new operating system's speech recognition feature.
Real-time language translation, medical monitoring via the mobile Web and nanotechnology to purify water are some of the innovations IBM Labs thinks will be on the market within five years.
EEye Digital Security this week shipped its host-based Blink Professional 3.0 software, which combines antivirus, intrusion prevention, firewall and scanner functions. The multipurpose software will be on display in the exhibit hall at next week's RS...
Samsung Electronics Co. held onto its title as the world's largest producer of DRAM (dynamic RAM) memory chips in 2006 despite a late charge by Hynix Semiconductor, according to a study released Thursday.
Lenovo Group Thursday reported a jump in third-quarter profits, even as its turnover during the period remained flat compared to one year ago.
Microsoft has introduced a new product combining the Whale Communications virtual private networking (VPN) software it bought last year with the latest version of its Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server), the company said Wednesday.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Tagging, the emblematic activity of the "Web 2.0" and social computing era, appears destined for mainstream status, a new study concludes.
IBM's research achievements are legendary: the hard drive; DRAM; the relational database; DES data encryption; Deep Blue, the chess-playing supercomputer, and Blue Gene, its DNA-simulating descendant; and two Nobel Prizes. It also holds the most pate...
ProMOS Technologies may raise its capital spending plans for 2007 to meet brisk demand for DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips caused by the launch of Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS.
The GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) family of technologies will continue to dominate the mobile infrastructure business over the next five years, a research company said Wednesday.
The stereotypical pasty and pimply-faced teenaged gamer may be in for a rude shock after the latest research findings from the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia (IEAA) suggests the average Australian video game player is actually 28 ...
A Microsoft executive who helped develop the company's new Zune music player and other products is leaving the company.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
- 'Black box' no more: This system can spot the bias in those algorithms
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD