After several years of debate and more than 18 months of sometimes passionate public comments and revisions, the latest GNU General Public License Version 3 (GPLv3) software license will officially be released Friday by the Free Software Foundation (...
Analyst firm Gartner has expressed surprise at the number of Australian organizations reluctant to upgrade to Vista and Office 2007 without exploring alternatives.
Apple's iPhone launch has been marred by delays in AT&T's phone activation system, leaving some people unable to use their new toy throughout the weekend.
It took Iain Gillott 47 hours to activate his iPhone after waiting in the Texas heat Friday afternoon to buy one.
Apple Monday issued a fix for the "snap, crackle, pop" audio problem that has bedeviled some Macintosh users since the June 20 operating system update to Mac OS 10.4.10.
Sony has filed for a U.S. patent on a liquid airbag for electronics - in particular, for hard disks. The idea is that the electronics will be wrapped in a fluid-filled bag so if the outer case suffers a shock, the liquid acts as a cushion.
Can mobile phones be hacked? As that question is debated in the wake of a family in Washington, US claiming the phones it uses have been <a href="http://www.thenewstribune.com/front/topphoto/story/91460.html" target="_blank">taken over by hackers</a>...
A lawsuit alleging that Microsoft Windows Vista Capable users were misled about the capabilities of the operating system will go to trial Oct. 28, 2008, a federal judge in Seattle decided last week. That starting date will be close to the two-year an...
The team responsible for coming up with add-ons for Microsoft's Windows Vista Ultimate reacted to critics Monday by breaking a three-month silence to say that they'll finalize one already-released program within three months.
A digital music service accused by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission of running an illegal pyramid scheme has changed its business model and has worked out an agreement with the agency, the company said.
Manufacturers are being offered the world's highest capacity optical storage technology to license, reportedly, leap-frogging 300GB holographic disks and offering 1TB in a DVD-size disk. But the technology has not been commercialized and product coul...
Intel has shipped more than 1 million quad-core Xeon 5300 microprocessors since introducing them in November 2006, meeting a goal announced by company executives earlier this year.
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
The European Commission is turning to video-sharing Web site YouTube.com to disseminate information about the workings of the European Union to its citizens, through a new channel on the site called EUtube, it announced Friday.
The idea that cybercriminals stockpile exploits, then time their release to do the most damage gives them too much credit, a security researcher said Friday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW