Yahoo is interested in purchasing Bebo to strengthen its disappointing social networking standing, the British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph has reported.
IBM Monday officially announced its Power6 chip, saying that the next-generation microprocessor for its Unix and Linux systems offers double the performance of the earlier Power5+ device while consuming roughly the same amount of electricity.
Technology is advancing so fast that consumers now live in a somewhat disturbing age where their underwear can track their movements and let others know what they are doing.
A Microsoft executive says the company had to drop some features slated for Windows Server Virtualization because it may have "shot too high" in designing the first version of the software, but the company is still convinced it will gain broad indust...
Symantec has announced the release of a new backup and recovery product that aims to equip small to medium businesses (SMBs) with the means to quickly and easily recover lost data.
Dell is planning to sell its first convertible tablet PC later this year.
A common e-crime reporting format to electronically report fraudulent activities will be fully operational by July, 2007.
Ivan Krstic, co-author of the bestselling The Official Ubuntu Book, delivered a scathing keynote at AusCERT 2007 today claiming the tech industry has failed to address securing IT and that far too much still rests in the hands of un-informed end-user...
Dell is moving forward with plans to begin selling PCs through solution providers, channel partners and retail partners, instead of sticking with the pure direct sales model championed by company founder, Michael Dell.
Although browsers are notoriously juicy targets for hackers, Apple's QuickTime is actually three times more likely to pose a threat than Internet Explorer 6 -- and six times more likely to be a threat than Firefox, Danish vulnerability tracker Secuni...
Microsoft last week laid out its road map for various versions of Longhorn over the next two years, including the elimination of 32-bit versions, and christened the new operating system Windows Server 2008.
Yet another month-long round of daily bugs cranks up June 1, a Ukrainian researcher announced Thursday. This time, the target will be search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.com.
Hustling to keep up with Intel's "Santa Rosa" notebook PC system, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) said Friday it planned to launch its own new bundle of mobile processors and chipsets, code-named "Puma."
Proof that users will click on virtually anything -- behavior that hackers depend on -- has been laid out by a researcher, whose Google ad touted instant infection. More than 400 clicked through.
Adware maker Zango has sued Australian firm PC Tools, makers of the popular Spyware Doctor software, in a dispute over the way the antispyware program flags and removes Zango's technology.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW