United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second largest contract chip maker, said Thursday it's seeing strong demand from a variety of customers for production of chips with feature sizes as tiny as 65 nanometers.
Google is testing an ad model that in theory isn't vulnerable to click fraud, a serious problem that some believe puts in danger Google's main source of revenue: search engine-based advertising.
Published reports Thursday indicate Boeing may soon dump its in-flight Internet venture Connexion because the service hasn't generated a profit in six years.
Federal parliament has passed legislation to create a national "Do Not Call Register" to prevent unsolicited telemarketing calls. But don't bank on your evening being uninterrupted by such calls because there are some exemptions: charities; registere...
Google will launch a public test to show display and video ads on Google Video, another step in the search giant's slow exploration of graphical ads on its own services, according to sources familiar with the plans.
Bhutan, a country of 700,000 inhabitants that sits between China and India, now has its own Debian-based operating system in the national language, Dzongkha.
Electronic Arts will acquire Mythic Entertainment to expand its presence in Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs), EA announced Tuesday.
Security researchers have found a way to seize control of a laptop computer by manipulating buggy code in the system's wireless device driver.
The company that produces the popular Lego building blocks has decided to outsource production to electronics contract manufacturer Flextronics International over the next three years.
Users looking for a new PC might want to wait for a round of price cuts that are expected soon from Intel, the world's largest maker of microprocessors.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (Panasonic) will launch its first digital SLR (single lens reflex) camera next month in Japan, with other regions to follow soon after, the company said Wednesday.
Google may dominate the Internet search market today, but the battle for control of this crucial sector is only just getting started, a Yahoo executive said Wednesday.
Koninklijke Philips Electronics is speeding up the process of spinning off its semiconductor business and will reduce its ownership of it to a minority stake, the company said on Wednesday.
Lawyers for the social networking site MySpace.com have warned of legal action against two entrepreneurs who created clever code to track the relationship status of MySpace users.
The growth in malicious software is proving fortuitous for antivirus companies. Analyst firm Gartner said on Wednesday the industry grew 13.6 percent in 2005, with revenue totaling US$4 billion.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT