While Microsoft may cast the Nov. 2 patent cooperation agreement it pushed on new partner Novell as a way to protect corporate users of the SUSE Linux operating system from potential lawsuits, CIOs Tuesday said they weren't worried in the first place...
Google has developed new tools it says will make it easier for webmasters and publishers of news sites to control how the search engine indexes their content for inclusion in the Google News portal.
Microsoft is licensing the new user interface (UI) in Office 2007 for free so developers can build applications that look similar to the programs in the suite, the company said Tuesday.
Dell Tuesday pointed to its adoption of processors from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) for pushing it to US$677 million in profit for the third quarter, though the company has delayed reporting final numbers due to an accounting investigation by the U....
People have pushed and shoved for it, queued overnight in the rain for it and its been sold online at great profit. Now the Taco Bell fastfood chain is offering a "lifetime" of tacos in exchange for a PlayStation 3.
Sony Computer Entertainment will begin offering a software update for the PlayStation Portable that allows it to interoperate with the PlayStation 3, which recently launched in the US and Japan.
Samsung Electronics has developed what it claims is the thinnest LCD (liquid crystal display) panel, just the thickness of a credit card, designed for use in mobile phones.
Santa Claus may take online orders this year, but the Grinches will also be on the Internet.
A long-simmering debate in Germany about banning violent computer games is burning again after an aloof teenager on Monday stormed his former high school, shot five people and later killed himself.
Industry observers are nodding in agreement at a scathing internal memo that calls for a major reorganization of Yahoo at a time when many say the web portal has lost its edge and trails competitors large and small alike.
Alcatel has accused Microsoft of infringing seven of its U.S. patents. The patents describe how to implement fast-forward and rewind functions in digital video streams, among other things.
How would you like your computer to run 18 billion, billion times faster?
Microsoft has no plans to add a controversial Windows Vista antipiracy feature directly to its Office 2007 suite, but will consider offering it as an add-on system, the company said Tuesday.
McAfee has been forced to backtrack on claims that one of its products was misrepresented in a test of anti-phishing toolbars.
The answer to this question has apparently become relevant in a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union against the U.S. government over the long-dormant Children's Online Protection Act.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
- ISIS cyberattack capabilities are unorganized, underfunded -- for now
- Estonian man gets over 7 years in prison for role in global DNS hijacking botnet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT