Sun President/CEO Jonathan Schwartz will focus on Sun's virtualization strategy during a keynote presentation at the Oracle OpenWorld conference in San Francisco on Wednesday.
Microsoft has rejected claims by a team of Israeli researchers that a loophole exists in the Windows 2000 random number generator, allowing hackers to retrieve users' personal information.
Mobile advertising is still in its infancy, and already it's despised by some users of wireless devices. Nonetheless, it seems destined to become a major factor in the growth of the mobile Internet.
iPhone users make mistakes more often when texting compared to users of phones with hard keys, a new study found.
While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype last week, developers had to wait until yesterday to see whether the company had actually developed a good platform.
Monta Vista, the mobile and embedded Linux company, unveiled version 5.0 of its carrier-grade embedded Linux kernel this week.
Some MacBook Pro users who upgraded to the Leopard operating system are reporting that their notebooks' keyboards and trackpads have gone on the fritz, according to Apple support forums. The only apparent solution: Reboot the machine.
ZoneAlarm is offering a free download of its anti spyware package as part of Microsoft's Patch Tuesday.
For the second time in less than three weeks, Microsoft has had to apologize for blunders made by the application that enterprise administrators rely on to deploy the software vendor's security patches and other updates.
Some of Asia's biggest cellular carriers are banding together to offer a flat-rate data roaming service, hoping to increase the use of cellular data services by business people travelling in Asia.
Bocada, Arsenal Digital Solutions and Digisense separately announced upgraded software and services designed to help enterprises better manage and protect their data.
IBM released the second beta of its Symphony rival suite to Microsoft Office this week, claiming that 88 percent of its users are Microsoft customers.
Online book seller and retail chain Dymocks has taken a leap into electronic publishing with the launch of Dymocks Digital, allowing customers to purchase audible and digital forms of the traditional paper book.
Apple has pushed out its iPhone 1.1.2 firmware update to users of its popular mobile phone, fixing a widely publicized bug in the iPhone's browser.
Microsoft and the GSM Association are promoting 3G (third generation) mobile telecommunications by asking companies to build laptop PCs that automatically connect to the Internet wirelessly over mobile phone networks.
Make Windows 10 your go-to on-the-go environment. Business tools that work!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Porsche Design's Book One looks to outrace Microsoft's Surface Book
- SHA-1 collision can break SVN code repositories
- Google is giving away a Chromecast with the Google Home
- SK Telecom pushes for interoperable quantum crypto systems
- Facebook's Telecom Infra Project is a year old
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- CCIT Operations Centre EngineerQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC