Shoppers at a Tokyo department store have a chance to get help with their make-up as part of a three week-long test of RFID technology that began on Friday.
Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS won't boost PC sales very much this year because operating systems usually face slow, gradual adoption, the head of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said Thursday.
Blockbuster mobile phone sales during the holiday season last year propelled shipments to over one billion for all of 2006, market researcher IDC said Thursday.
As Microsoft gears up for the consumer launch of Vista, rivals slammed the new product, claiming that it breaks the very same European antitrust laws that its operating-system predecessor, XP, fell foul of in 2004, and that it will be riddled with bu...
Nintendo Co. has started offering a new service that feeds national and international news headlines to its recently launched Wii console.
A German court has sentenced a software dealer to nearly three years in prison for distributing Microsoft products with forged licenses.
It's just a sleep before the consumer launch of Windows Vista, and by now most everyone has heard about Vista's new and improved Aero user interface, desktop search, security and various multimedia enhancements.
Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
IBM plans to eventually offload its enterprise printing systems division to Japanese printer and copier vendor Ricoh. The two companies announced Thursday that they're forming a joint venture company based on the IBM unit which will gradually become ...
Even with all the work Microsoft has put into Vista, some contend the latest Windows product might need help when it comes to day-to-day performance. That's why a Chinese start-up updated its freeware application to optimize the newest desktop operat...
News Corp.'s Fox television division has subpoenaed YouTube regarding programs posted on the video-sharing Web site, YouTube confirmed on Friday.
Internet service provider GoDaddy.com Inc. has come under fire for pulling a popular hacking Web site down this week, allegedly at the request of MySpace.com
The clock is ticking at bankrupt German mobile phone maker BenQ Mobile.
NEC has developed technology that can help prevent spam phone calls to VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) users.
Google has started integrating its popular mapping service with its controversial books search engine, to let people plot on maps references to places they find in books.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCVMware Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC