Seventeen high-tech and consumer electronics companies have banded together to develop standards that should make it easier for home users to share digital content between their PCs, televisions, stereos and other equipment in the home.
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has issued a report which it hopes will help governments address cross-border fraud, particularly fraud carried out over the Internet and telecommunications channels.
It's shaping up to be a bad week for antivirus software company Symantec, after researchers raised alarms about security holes and buggy code in two of the company's products.
In a move that reshapes Via Technologies's motherboard product strategy, the company has stopped selling Pentium 4 motherboards, a company executive confirmed.
Microsoft's controversial Palladium security initiative's ability to kill off the antivirus industry by eliminating vulnerabilities lies within the same realm of probability as a collision between the earth and the moon.
Yes, the world’s wealthiest man also gets unwanted commercial e-mail offering help to get out of debt or get rich quick. "It’s ridiculous," Bill Gates wrote in an e-mail message sent Tuesday.
Sharman Networks Ltd. launched an update to its popular file-swapping Kazaa Media Desktop software Tuesday, promising an improved interface, better search options, plus a new program that rewards users willing to share their PC with the network.
If your business lacks a strict policy governing e-mail behavior, you could be putting yourself at risk of legal action. That's because e-mail in the workplace now qualifies as a business record, a new E-Mail Survey points out.
Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs kicked off Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference on Monday with the renewal of a chip partnership with IBM and the launching of an instant messaging system featuring video and audio capability.
Intel and Hewlett-Packard (HP) are joining a consortium which aims to build a platform on which to develop "disruptive" Internet technologies, they announced Tuesday. These technologies are needed because the Internet is becoming "ossified," accordin...
The database system that sends Web surfers to the right page and gets email messages where they need to go turned 20 years old this week.
A Labor and Democrats attempt to force a Senate committee inquiry into the state of broadband competition in Australia has failed after the government gained support from independent Senators to reject the request.
Apple unveiled a slew of hardware products and software updates Monday, including new desktop computers featuring the G5 processor, the company's first-ever 64-bit desktop CPU.
Veritas has been accused of openly shipping a faulty backup product for more than a month, using customer and reseller resources to correct its mistake.
When the latest Harry Potter book went on sale at 12 a.m. Saturday, Amazon.com Inc. immediately set a record for its largest-ever new product release.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW