U.K. local authorities are far less likely to use open-source software than those of some other European countries, according to findings from a Dutch study. The study has so far found that 32 percent of local authorities in Britain use open-source s...
Venture capitalists invested more money in privately held technology companies during 2004 than in 2003, according to a report released Monday, marking the first year-over-year rise in investments since 2000.
Microsoft says it will patch versions of Windows Media Player to prevent users from inadvertently downloading viruses, adware, and spyware when opening copy-protected media files. The update will be available within 30 days, the company says.
Two British companies have come up with a new system that will monitor company PCs for abuse, including criminal activity.
Symantec plans today to enter the growing e-mail security-appliance market with its Symantec Mail Security 8000 line.
Looking to provide yet another way for users to tap its search capabilities, Ask Jeeves is developing new wireless search services to be launched this year, according to a company executive.
WebEx Communications Inc. on Monday plans to unveil a new remote access service, the first in a line of new "MyWebEx" services aimed at consumers and small businesses.
Sony has learned several lessons from its reluctance to quickly embrace music download services and is now working hard to make up ground against the dominance of competitors such as Apple Computer, a senior executive said last Thursday.
A US court has ruled that certain technologies within Hynix Semiconductor's memory chips infringe upon patents held by Rambus, but a trial will still take place in March to determine whether the rest of Rambus' claims are valid.
The Australian Unix Users Group, AUUG, will hold a Digital Pests Symposium in Melbourne on February 8 with a special focus on spam and malicious software.
In a wide-ranging sweep of the Asia-Pacific region, the Motion Picture Association (MPA) seized 5.9 million pirated optical discs and local police arrested 277 suspected motion picture pirates, the association said yesterday.
Sony has revised the financial outlook for its current fiscal year, cutting estimates for sales and operating income, but raising its estimate for net income.
With the release of its Sonoma technology, notebook PCs based on the most powerful version of Intel's Centrino mobile technology now perform just as well as desktop PCs with Intel's fastest Pentium 4 processors, according to an Intel executive.
A group of top consumer electronics companies have teamed with DRM (digital rights management) technology developer Intertrust Technologies to draft a specification the gadget makers hope will enable consumers to run licensed media files on a range o...
A new computer worm is using Microsoft's MSN Messenger instant message network to spread on the Internet, according to antivirus software companies.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW