Skype-blocking companies have been scrambling to update their products after the recent release of a new version of the software that is even harder to detect and block.
Sales of Nintendo's Wii console surpassed 600,000 in its first eight days on sale, the company said Tuesday.
The number of mobile phone users worldwide will reach 3 billion next year instead of 2008, Nokia said, driven in part by a new trend in emerging markets.
Online video-sharing service YouTube is extending its reach beyond PCs to mobile phones through a deal with Verizon Wireless.
Electronic Arts (EA) has released a version of its addictive city simulation game for mobile phones, the company announced Tuesday.
Financial analysts watching the consumer electronics space report that early sales of Microsoft's Zune player should give little reason for iPod loyalists and Apple Computer to fear this holiday season.
Juniper Networks this week rolled out enhancements to its service management system and router software designed to enable service providers to more efficiently and reliably transport video services throughout the IP network core.
Microsoft has provided an operating system update to synchronize time settings with Western Australia's daylight savings trial which is scheduled to run during December 3 to March 25, 2007.
Enterprise mobility vendor Research In Motion (RIM) has teamed with Vodafone to drive its BlackBerry device into the mass market in the form of the Pearl smartphone.
Some British parents and teachers are pressuring public schools to ban and even dismantle Wi-Fi nets in public schools, because of health concerns.
Microsoft may have to pull its Office suite from the shelves in South Korea as a result of losing a patent lawsuit in that country, according to published reports.
Industry observers nodded in agreement last week at the conclusions of a scathing internal assessment that has come to be called the "peanut butter" memo.
Measures to reduce the millions of tons of electronic waste generated each year by manufactures of computers, mobile phones and other consumer electronic products will be the focus of a United Nations-sponsored conference in the capital of Kenya.
Google has reached an agreement with two groups representing authors and photographers in Belgium that had objected to the way the company indexes and displays their content on its Google News Web site.
Keen to get your hands on the eagerly anticipated PlayStation 3? Japanese Web host Shimpinomori is promising to give away a modified version of the powerful console to the first person who is able to hack it.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA